Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Think I'll go for the Standard Ed. or DDE: I've already bought all the Arma X content, and I got my name credited in BAF already, so being a supporter I'd effectively be paying €30 for a forum name badge and DLC that may or nay not be released at a value exceeding €30.

Modding is a must though, and I'm keen to get going on that ASAP. :D

Does anyone know the exact time that the first 500 will be available? I don't want to miss out on that one. Will it be: March 5th at 00:00 GMT or will it be 7:00 Eastern US Time? I will be on my computer refreshing my browser over and over again come "buying time" no matter what time it is in the Central Time Zone of the United States. :bounce3:

PS. I guess with today's revelation we all now know what Joris-Jan van 't Land meant when he said, "Now, a few months ahead, we feel strongly that it is paying off, and soon you'll get a chance to see why." On March 5th, it's payoff time. :p

+1

Need to know what time it will be open

Think I'll go for the Standard Ed. or DDE: I've already bought all the Arma X content

Cold War Assault and Arma X included in the Supporter Edition will be delivered as Steam gifts, so you may give those to Friends if you like.

holy molly, finally, fucking damn finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: BIS you simply ROCK!!!!

Please refrain from making posts with 67 exclamation marks, which I consider as either spam or childish remarks.

Someone may have already asked but, any information on pre-ordering retail versions?

Will we be allowed to make gameplay videos of the alpha for Youtube ?

Anyway, 25€ only for Arma 3, wow, you really know how to reward the fans ! I applaud with both hands !

If there will be a stand alone expansion pack (yes it means you won't need arma 3 vanilla to run for it, just like ofp:r),will i get it for free if I buy the supporter edition?

Someone may have already asked but, any information on pre-ordering retail versions?

Or is there coming retail Supportter / Collectors edition ?

Cold War Assault and Arma X included in the Supporter Edition will be delivered as Steam gifts, so you may give those to Friends if you like.

Yes, spread the word around about this Great Simulator. Once you get past the "learning curve", the simulator is a real jewel.

PS. I've noticed since they announced the new arma3.com revision / alpha release on facebook and twitter, the website (arma3.com) is getting slammed with hits...it's bogged down ;) BIS, you've got a 'hit' on your hands. Polish that baby and lets make History. Oorah.

wow 3 minutes to load the age verification site... Either you have to work on your homepage server, or there are currently thousands of people trying to contact the site :D

I'm excited - will definitely join the alpha.

If there will be a stand alone expansion pack (yes it means you won't need arma 3 vanilla to run for it, just like ofp:r),will i get it for free if I buy the supporter edition?

No, according to the website.

No.

The website quite clearly states

"All future ARMA3 DLCs" -> mouseover -> "does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels"

Read more carefully next time. Standalone editions do not count as DLC's you get for free.

Anyway, thanks for the good news BI. we've all been waiting for this. The site looks really good, and Im definitelly buying the supporters edition. :)

This is something I'd like to know too.

Smells like crowdfunding of A3 and DayZ! But yes it's hip and really ok to blindly throw money at game devs who are releasing just unfinished + overambitious projects. How long took it ArmA/QG to get "final" - A2OA is still beta aka unfinished and most of the fixing/tweaking job is still done by the community.... Now there needs to be a A3 competitor - should be easy to find since A3 will be more accessible for casual gamers. Let's wait and see how many of them have the patience and attention span like the CWA/A1-QG/A2OA crowd. Guess it's 100x better and worth to wait until A3 is playable + enjoyable. Btw what's the value of forum medals, ribbons and in-game "I'm a fanboi" credit lines?

Few questions:

1) Does this:

3 FACTIONS

8 VEHICLES

12 WEAPONS

Only relate to Alpha version or is it final list for full game

2) What's the reason for including Cold War Assault?

3) Why there's no DIGITAL DELUXE DLC BUNDLE EDITION - that includes 3 Alpha invites/Beta & Full Game/All Future Arma 3 DLCs? I'd pay 40 euros for this, I don't need ARMA X & CWR and I don't need the tactical guide/ost/map. Due to this if anyone wants the future DLCs he needs to pay 70 euros for some stuff that he really doesn't need.

I'm on saving mode for the supporter edition.

You could have just waited one more month, since i got the trackIr this week and i'm officially broke !!!

just kidding, by the way, arma3 website seems to be overwhelmed with visits. I just cant open the site

What time on March 5 does the game go live?

It sounds sad but I generally stay up all night for stuff like this hoping it's 12AM (CET or GMT) and then get really grumpy when it releases at 4PM and I'm tired!

Just helps me plan my sleep.

As you can guess, I'm fairly excited.

Smells like crowdfunding of A3 and DayZ! But yes it's hip and really ok to blindly throw money at game devs who are releasing just unfinished + overambitious projects. How long took it ArmA/QG to get "final" - A2OA is still beta aka unfinished and most of the fixing/tweaking job is still done by the community.... Now there needs to be a A3 competitor - should be easy to find since A3 will be more accessible for casual gamers. Let's wait and see how many of them have the patience and attention span like the CWA/A1-QG/A2OA crowd. Guess it's 100x better and worth to wait until A3 is playable + enjoyable. Btw what's the value of forum medals, ribbons and in-game "I'm a fanboi" credit lines?

We love the franchise and we are ready to support them. I've gotten hundreds upon hundreds of hours of entertainment from BIS's products, so they deserve my money (bugs or no bugs). They'll perfect the simulator in due-time.

Well it's still better than all the Kickstarter fad because you get a fully playable game right from the start and not just a boring promise that will never come true. Plus you can get it for free too.

There will be a lot of invites flying around and it's like a constantly updated demo version so until 18th of june you can fully form an opinion on whether to pay money or not.