Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

I have a legitimate question. What exactly do you mean by 'modding'?

How much access does 'modding' give us? Access to new model configs, bones, and such for the updated engine?

If it is GOOD and REASONABLE access to modding capabilities it may have a chance of life in my book (yes, use that against me for whatever you wish). I guess that is my main question. Hopefully one of the BI dudes can answer my question and this post isn't lost in the thread.

I also would like to find out and have the "modding" term clarified.

Will you be able to upgrade the edition you take during alpha (let's say I take the 25 bucks edition but really like it and wants to go to the supporter edition afterwards, will I be able to upgrade by paying the difference) ?

How many GB's is the Alpha?

Approximately 7GB - our minimum requirements are higher to allow for extra content later, and some space for your OS to run healthily.

Maybe change the "Alpha" bundle name on the buy page to "Regular edition" (or something like that) to avoid confusion. Now it seems that you buy the alpha (although the benefits below explain you get beta and full). But this might be easier and more intuitive:

ALPHA LITE | REGULAR EDITION | DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION | SUPPORTER EDITION.

And you also have continuity with using "edition" in all the bundles that eventually give full access.

I have a legitimate question. What exactly do you mean by 'modding'?.

+1

Wanted to ask that as well.

Does it include Oxygen and Visitor (or equivalent tools) ?

As is mentioned on the website, this only applies to the first 500. You will be given access to a separate website where you can leave your name for the end credits.

To make sure to be amongst the first 500: What time on the 5th do you open the store for Arma Supporter Edition? Is that 0:00 (CET?) :confused:

Maybe change the "Alpha" bundle name on the buy page to "Regular edition" (or something like that) to avoid confusion. Now it seems that you buy the alpha (although the benefits below explain you get beta and full). But this might be easier and more intuitive:

ALPHA LITE | REGULAR EDITION | DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION | SUPPORTER EDITION.

Yes, or highlight that all 3 Alpha bundles include the future Beta & the Full game.

Debit Card in hand ready to buy Supported Edition on March 5th :yay: Thank you BIS. You sprung this one on me, I wasn't expecting the Alpha until late Spring. Now, time to order a new Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics card. Thank God the income tax refund is coming next month.

Also another thing, if you are American make sure you convert the prices from Euro to USD. The price breakdown is as follows..

Free | $32.66 | $52.66 | $91.46

I have a legitimate question. What exactly do you mean by 'modding'?.

It means the ability is there, as much as it is for A2 and OA. We will not be ready to deliver a full SDK with updated tools at the start of Alpha I'm afraid. A lot of knowledge from OA is applicable, some is not. We'll try to deliver documentation during Alpha and Beta, and of course with the release as best we can. The rest will be up to your creativity.

Stupid fast question, the alpha has dedicated server without needing steam or you must buy another copy for the dedicated?

It means the ability is there, as much as it is for A2 and OA. We will not be ready to deliver a full SDK with updated tools at the start of Alpha I'm afraid. A lot of knowledge from OA is applicable, some is not. We'll try to deliver documentation during Alpha and Beta, and of course with the release as best we can. The rest will be up to your creativity.

Ah okay. I guess the main question would be (as a character modder) the access to the new model.cfgs and if there are any new weighing sections, as well as the new character skeletons. If not, this hinders the ability to do put the work into the game without hours of tedious testing etc. I guess we could do what we did on the ArmA1 to ArmA2 transfer and do what we can do get them over (or put new work in) until the new SDK comes out (at least new Skeleton).

Approximately 7GB - our minimum requirements are higher to allow for extra content later, and some space for your OS to run healthily.

Can we Pre-load it on Steam?

Thanks

Stupid fast question, the alpha has dedicated server without needing steam or you must buy another copy for the dedicated?

We are exploring the options for Dedicated Server packages for the game in general right now. At Alpha launch there is no separate package; you will only be able to -server command-line it. No Linux DS at Alpha launch either.

will it be possible to update my ALPHA Edition to a full supporter edition to have access to all DLC later?

Can we Pre-load it on Steam?

Thanks

+1, would appreciate this a lot! (60-100 kb/s download here :p)

DnA, will command-line -server require an additional key or will it be like A1 and A2 where the client can share the same key?

Wow, this is such a fantastic deal for customers of every persuasion. Am I really getting a steep discount to play the game early and make my voice heard?

By the way, is the Alpha pre-order deal likely to stick around until the beta comes out? My computer isn't really equipped for the Alpha and present.

what exactly is:

DIGITAL MAPS

DIGITAL TACTICAL GUIDE

i´m sooooo happy

edit: W0lle, didn´t see my previous reply, that is why I rewrite it, I´m really sorry

Edited by kballero

kballero stop posting your stuff over and over again just because you get no answer. And stop writing in all capital letters, happy or not.

what exactly is:

DIGITAL MAPS

DIGITAL TACTICAL GUIDE

i´m sooooo happy

A huge map likely in the form of a pdf or something simlar, generally massive, and possibly vector based.

Does the "Invite Lite" work like a sort of "Invite a friend"?

Edited by NodUnit

As is mentioned on the website, this only applies to the first 500. You will be given access to a separate website where you can leave your name for the end credits.

Additional question sorry:( Will that First 500 be from /Steam and BISstore/ Steam only/ BISstore only?

I am blind. And Still answered :D Thanks for answering this overly excited fan who can only read in spurts before squeeing.

"5 MARCH - 15 JULY 2013

STORE.BISTUDIO.COM" That is only purchase place for Supporters edition.

Edited by Masharra
improper placement of the word "be"