Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Would have put down money if we got a physical copy of the full game later. Digital copy - not even close.

As a supporter since OFP back in 2001, I couldnt wait more to have finally some news on the Alpha - now looking forward to March 5th!

I will (of course?) be getting the Supporter Version and am fully ok having the whole thing on Steam.

Well done Bistudio!

:thumbsup:

now You know what the DEFCON 2 is about :cool:

So Alpha lite will first be available 14 March?

Correct, the regular version goes out first on the 5th. The people getting it then will get their invites added to their Steam account on the 14th (to share with friends).

A question about the supporters edition. The name at the end credits will it be the forum name or the real name from the store?

You may have wanted to phrase your press release around the statement "Pre-order the game for only 25EUR, get free alpha and beta access". Right now it reads like "Pay 25EUR for an Alpha build, and we'll throw in the full game later" and many people are missing out reading the latter part.

You may have wanted to phrase your press release around the statement "Pre-order the game for only 25EUR, get free alpha and beta access". Right now it reads like "Pay 25EUR for an Alpha build, and we'll throw in the full game later" and many people are missing out reading the latter part.

x2

___

Yup, this should be made more clear.

Bravo, the only good news after I messed up the car, breaking the left mirror. I have several questions .1) If I take pre-orders "SUPPORTER EDITION" I can use a key to put Russian language is in the final version? 2) 8 VEHICLES, 12 VEAPONS - it is only in the alpha version of hope?

8 VEHICLES, 12 VEAPONS - it is only in the alpha version of hope?

Yup, the final game will have much more content, as stated in the features comparison.

Screw you unemployment! I need money for supporters edition!

That's what i thought as well.

So really; I pre-order the 5th of march and participate in the alpha->beta and then in all the full game costs only 24,99 euro's?

That really sounds to good te be true.... :eek:

Still considering the supporter edition though... :D

Holy motherfucka!

Excellent news, I am surprised they are announcing this so close to the actual release date. This is gonna really give my shitty pc a run for its money.

Think I'll buy suporter edition just to fill up my new steam account which I will be making now.

YAY!:yay:

Great news, modding, Editor, MP scenarios, underwater action.........I will show my support ;)

I hope I can pre-download from Steam on Monday

A question about the supporters edition. The name at the end credits will it be the forum name or the real name from the store?

Good Question, maybe it will be just your forum name or "Real First Name "R0adki11" Real Surname"

Holy motherfucka!

Excellent news, I am surprised they are announcing this so close to the actual release date. This is gonna really give my shitty pc a run for its money.

Think I'll buy suporter edition just to fill up my new steam account which I will be making now.

YAY!:yay:

I guess that means that can optimise it more for a wider audience :)

I agree with other people that it is not that clear that we get acces to beta and full game when we buy the alpha pack, may be it's on purpose i don't know :)

But anyway even if i have to buy only one game this year, i'll get the full support version cause a company that supports PC gaming and modding needs lots of support!!!!

I still don't completely understand what will "free" players be able to play. Will they be able to play missions I create (with the paid version)? Will they be be completely unable to play any missions which require mods?

Nonetheless, this is great! I sure wasn't expecting Alpha to be here so quickly after the recent lack of updates.

Crossposting thise here because it answered my question.

Hi Ryan, we are still going to add the various currencies to the webpage, but the prices are: Arma 3 Alpha (24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD), Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD) & Arma 3 Supporter Edition (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD). Hope that makes it a bit more clear!

I agree with other people that it is not that clear that we get acces to beta and full game when we buy the alpha pack, may be it's on purpose i don't know :)

Looks pretty clear to me.

ref: http://www.arma3.com/buy

alpha, digital deluxe edition and supporter edition all give you access to arma 3 beta (March 5th) & full game (full game when released)

I still don't completely understand what will "free" players be able to play. Will they be able to play missions I create (with the paid version)? Will they be be completely unable to play any missions which require mods?

Nonetheless, this is great! I sure wasn't expecting Alpha to be here so quickly after the recent lack of updates.

alpha lite is invite only (from an alpha, digital deluxe edition and supporter edition purchaser).

Lite versions cannot play multiplayer or created single player missions with mods.

Edited by [KH]Jman

I have a legitimate question. What exactly do you mean by 'modding'?

How much access does 'modding' give us? Access to new model configs, bones, and such for the updated engine?

If it is GOOD and REASONABLE access to modding capabilities it may have a chance of life in my book (yes, use that against me for whatever you wish). I guess that is my main question. Hopefully one of the BI dudes can answer my question and this post isn't lost in the thread.

Jman;2304129']Looks pretty clear to me.

ref: http://www.arma3.com/buy

alpha' date=' digital deluxe edition and supporter edition all give you access to arma 3 beta & full game (full game when released)[/quote']

Over-excitement got the better of me as well, I thought the Alpha prices didn't include the Full game, seeing as the Alpha pricing is immediately followed by Beta/Full game prices - someone should edit that.

As is mentioned on the website, this only applies to the first 500. You will be given access to a separate website where you can leave your name for the end credits.