Sign in to follow this  
DnA

Arma 3 plans for 2013

Dear community,

On this day we can finally share our plans for the rest of the year! You’ve all survived a long period of unclear and absent information, an insane and unpredictable incident in Greece, and most recently some news not all of you were too happy about. But now I'm incredibly excited to announce ...

In less than a week’s time, on Tuesday March 5th, we are releasing our Arma 3 Alpha! :cool:

JAC_A3_A3SplashLogo_Light_Prev.png

Quick links

This is one of those things we would not have been able to do without the decision to go with Steam. Now we are finally able to deliver on our promise to release a public Alpha version to you. We think it’s a very cool package with lots of potential. Worry not if the current playable content is a little limited. You all know the Arma platform and what it can do. We will expand the content ourselves and there will be a large amount of extra content for the Q3 2013 release. Why do we concentrate on quality of quantity now? We want to focus your testing and feedback in certain areas - in this case on infantry first.

Perhaps the thing I am most enthusiastic about: we are not restricting modding in this version, in fact we encourage it. Create and share scenarios, weapons, vehicles, systems and anything else you can think of. Together we can make the full game release later in the year mind-blowing for those who join us then. A slight caution: we cannot prevent having to still make large changes in our data during Alpha and Beta. This could mean your mission or add-on needs to be updated because we change a config class name for example. We cannot sacrifice that level of internal flexibility until the full release.

Check out the new website for all the information. I will personally try to provide more updates on the forums from this point onward. Hope to see your feedback and play some MP on public servers soon!

www.arma3.com

Edited by DnA

This is awsome news! You rock! Especially allowing mods in the Alpha! I can't wait!

so i pay for the alpha (e.g the 24,99€) and i will get the later full game?

Yes: Alpha, Beta and then the game itself.

I'd have to say... I forgive you for your Steam business now :P And I am going full on with support edition. Thanks again for proving to care for us

*erupts in tears of joy* Gdarnit

69.99 Euro equals

91.46 US Dollar Thats an odd price is that going to be diff in usd?

according to google. I guess i only need to eat ramen noodles next month... :D

Edited by Masharra

Wait... only 24.99 Euros for all 3, I thought it's only the Alpha? OMG, I misread -- Getting Supporter Edition!

3 ALPHA LITE INVITES [?]

ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME

That's for the basic Alpha.

Supporter Edition has,

3 ALPHA LITE INVITES [?]

ARMA 3 BETA & FULL GAME

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK [?]

DIGITAL MAPS [?]

DIGITAL TACTICAL GUIDE [?]

ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT [?]

ARMA X [?]

ALL FUTURE ARMA 3 DLCs [?]

FORUMS BADGE

NAME IN END CREDITS [?]

AWESOMESAUCE. :cc:

Good to hear you'll be posting more DnA :D

I hope everyone does their best to report bugs and write up constructive feedback.

Who localizes ARMA III?

With whom to communicate to help with game localization into Russian? (I organized it for the 1C company for the ARMA II OA, PMC DLS and BAF DLS)

yes yes yes!

I am so happy right now. I already thought it would never come. And the idea of letting us mod right away. truly awesome guys!

you ROCK!