Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

EnableSaving

Turns out, EnableSaving doesn't do what I need. I'm working on some sp missions, and I would like to use SaveGame, in a trigger to auto save upon any condition. I would like to completely take away the ability to manually save the game. When you disable manual saving, it "makes autosave". I don't want it to autosave upon disabling manual saving. The reason i want to take away manual saving, is for some reason, when I revert to the manual save, I'm presented with errors, that have nothing directly to do with any scripts/code I've written. There's arty rounds falling hailing down, done by a loop. So I'm sure this is the root cause, but, I'm not willing to butcher the missions integrity, just so the player can save the game manually.

These are the options for enableSaving.

enableSaving false; // Saving disabled and make autosave. 
enableSaving true; // Saving enabled without autosave. 
enableSaving [false, false]; // Saving disabled without autosave. 
enableSaving [false, true]; // Saving disabled and make autosave. 
enableSaving [true, false]; // Saving enabled without autosave. 
enableSaving [true, true]; // Saving enabled without autosave.

rtp

Error in expression <tdropinterval 0;
{_x setdropinterval 0} foreach _lemmiters;
{_x setdropinterval >
 Error position: <foreach _lemmiters;
{_x setdropinterval >
 Error Generic error in expression

Is there anyway to disable manual saving, while allowing autosaves, but doesn't auto save upon disabling manual save? (say that 10x times fast!!)

Regards,

***1cem@n***

I actually have the HIP mod loaded. Guess I should have specified that part :D. In any case, auto saving and reverting works okay, just not when I manually save the game & revert. I'm thinking to disable any types of saving altogether, since that seems the easiest route, and the missions are short 10-20min scenarios.

Would be nice though, to just add in one autosave, as not to frustrate the player.

Well, I did think of doing that. I wanted to use appropriate commands though. If you want to disable the abort text, try this.

While {True} Do
 {
  waitUntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 49))};
  ((findDisplay 49) displayCtrl 104) ctrlEnable false;
  sleep 0.005;
 };

Edited by Iceman77