Sign in to follow this  
Bastet

How to use own clutter?

Hello there,

I'm stuck at my mapdesign. I downloaded mikebart's vegetationset and wanted to use the green grass from this clutter pbo.

It's the only one not working. (Maybe because it's the only one from another source)

I have the clutter.pbo in my addon folder of my map.

so what do I need to do to get this working.

Arma's stuff is still in ca folder and all is working fine for me i just can't get other sources working for me =/

Are you using visitor to make a map and trying to place the clutter with the config file?

If so I think you need to have his pbo folder in your end result folder after binarizing everything and also make sure you list his pbo as an addon in your worlds config file. So it would be something like @bastet\addons\

Then inside addon folder would be your worlds pbo plus mikebarts pbo

But before you binarize your world make sure Your clutter config is set up correctly so it points to the correct paths

Hopefully I explained this correctly :)

Thanks! =D

I used your tutorial for creating my map (like many others too) so simple! :D

thanks man :*

okay and what about any custom made stuff by myself?

so i have my addon folder @blabla and I placed the pbo of my map there and the pbo of my clutters. so its @blalba\addons\map.pbo and @blabla\addons\clutter.pbo

how can I use this? do I need to place it at "required addons" as "@blabla_clutter.pbo" or how do i use them? =O I'm so stuck with this :x

Edited by Bastet

what about any custom made stuff by myself?

Custom stuff you make yourself should follow the same general principle as the Berghoff's Trees example above...

eg:

You've made a folder directly on P:\ called "MyClutterPack"

So you have P:\MyClutterPack\ <all the models plus a data folder for textures in the usual manner>

Plants don't actually need a config as such, but you'll need some kind of nominal config in there as well, just so the runtime knows what it is...

class CfgPatches
{
 class MyClutterPack
 {
   units[] = {""};
   weapons[] = {};
   requiredAddons[] = {""};
 };
};

...something like that saved as a "config.cpp" is all you need - drop it in beside the models...

Now you need to tell your main terrain that it "requires" this addon pack, so you add it to the "required addons" line at the top of your main terrain config...

eg:

requiredAddons[] = {"Takistan","MyClutterPack"};

Now you need to add the models to your cfgClutter.hpp - with the paths pointing to their current location...

eg:

class TAG_NewGrass: DefaultClutter
  {
   model = "MyClutterPack\NewGrass.p3d";
   affectedByWind = 0.4;
   swLighting = 1;
   scaleMin = 0.9;
   scaleMax = 1.3;
  };

... and then finally, use the new "TAG_NewGrass" clutter-type in a surface definition in the usual way...

When it's time to binarize your terrain, binarize the "MyClutterPack" folder as a separate .pbo file - put both in your @modfolder\Addons\ game directory and.... it should all work OK...

B

worked thanks :D

and one other question =)

I've got an 20480x20480 terrain and a sattelite image with the same size. But my visitor needs ages to convert it and to create the .paa files.

should I resize them? Or just let visitor work? =/ I'm not sure about it

worked thanks :D

and one other question =)

I've got an 20480x20480 terrain and a sattelite image with the same size. But my visitor needs ages to convert it and to create the .paa files.

should I resize them? Or just let visitor work? =/ I'm not sure about it

As a 'noob' to terrain making, my advice would be to use lower res images whilst 'experimenting' for speed, i.e 2048x2048, considering they will probably undergo lots of changes from now until your satisfied.

Once your satisfied, use the full resolution and let visitor do what it needs to do.