Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

In the blog the character is talking about "diana" a woman living on Altis. I know that diana is the goddes of the hunt, what else could it mean?

You already are! By reading this website and carefully following clues that are revealed in this blog you are participating.

Interact with Tom or other characters and websites, in order to help Tom out. Sometimes, the answer to Toms questions can only be found if you have played the Alpha version of Arma 3, and sometimes the answers ly in cleverly linking clues revealed along the course of the ARG.

By helping Tom out, you might unlock the next step in the Altis Quest and win one of the prizes!

Okay there is something incoming

So the ARG will be further the pre-release stage of the Alpha.

I think at the current stage all clues are revealed?

Maybe its best to collect all informations, especially linked to the ArmA-Universe.

Edited by Raptor

We're through the looking glass here people :P

I think I can make out a soldier in the attic picture.

www altis-quest com is almost certainly a fake. Larkin's twitter account www twitter com/Tom__Larkin (itself of dubious authenticity) has not tweeted a link to it; on the about page it openly discusses the ARG - in broken English. www altis-quest com/?page_id=17

Some people really are putting in a lot of effort into sending us off track.

PS: Apparently I'm a robot, so I must put spaces in the links instead of full-stops.

www altis-quest com is almost certainly a fake. Larkin's twitter account www twitter com/Tom__Larkin (itself of dubious authenticity) has not tweeted a link to it; on the about page it openly discusses the ARG - in broken English. www altis-quest com/?page_id=17

PS: Apparently I'm a robot, so I must put spaces in the links instead of full-stops.

https://twitter.com/Tom__Larkin

His name has the link to his blog.

@bovine3dom reminds me to the hacker attacs of ArmA2 ARG. ;)

Uhh, English is not Jerry Hopper's first language. It's not fake brah.

In the blog the character is talking about "diana" a woman living on Altis. I know that diana is the goddes of the hunt, what else could it mean?

Diana is a roman godess. Her greek counterpart is Artemis. Artemis was one of the patron godesses of the spartans. This is a quote from the wiki-page about artemis:

"The ancient Spartans used to sacrifice to her as one of their patron goddesses before starting a new military campaign."

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

I take back what I said about www.altis-quest.com ; I see the link on twitter now and the date of his Father's passing matches up with TOH's story ( http://takeonthegame.com/about-the-game/story/tom-larkin/ ). I cannot find a reference calling him "TomTom" though; and it seems strange that BI would use a trademark - so I assume that this ARG is community-run.

I apologise if I've unintentionally insulted somebody's command of English - it's just a common warning sign that something is fake if there are a few minor grammatical errors in it!

WHOIS lookup for Altis-Quest:

Whois Server Version 2.1 at whois.tmagnic.net

Database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .TV, .CC domains.

Owner Contact:

Marco de Groot

Embassy Freight Rotterdam Beheer BV

George Stephensonweg 25

Vlaardingen, 3133KJ, NL

Punycode Name: altis-quest.com

Unicode Name: altis-quest.com

Admin Contact

Marco de Groot

marco@embassyfreight.nl

George Stephensonweg 25

Vlaardingen, 3133KJ, NL

phone: +31.105933333

Technical Contact

Marco de Groot

marco@embassyfreight.nl

George Stephensonweg 25

Vlaardingen, 3133KJ, NL

Zone Contact

Marco de Groot

marco@embassyfreight.nl

George Stephensonweg 25

Vlaardingen, 3133KJ, NL

Record expires on: 2014-02-25 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.hostingnameserver.net 83.172.135.15

ns2.hostingnameserver.net 83.172.152.15

I take back what I said about www.altis-quest.com ; I see the link on twitter now and the date of his Father's passing matches up with TOH's story ( http://takeonthegame.com/about-the-game/story/tom-larkin/ ). I cannot find a reference calling him "TomTom" though; and it seems strange that BI would use a trademark - so I assume that this ARG is community-run.

I apologise if I've unintentionally insulted somebody's command of English - it's just a common warning sign that something is fake if there are a few minor grammatical errors in it!

Maybe you should just look up who JerryHopper is and what he has done before. :)

Check out this link, ties some things in. It can be found here: http://altis-quest.com/?feed=rss2

RV4 = Real virtuality 4

A3 = Arma 3

(for those who are not up to date)

http://altisquest.rv4a3.org/?p=37

All the article links have been set to this format within the .rss code.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Maybe you should just look up who JerryHopper is and what he has done before. :)

Yeah, it's good to know what you are talking about before you post, especially if you are new to the community. No offense, just saying though.

$ whois altis-quest.com

Domain Name: ALTIS-QUEST.COM
  Registrar: VAUTRON RECHENZENTRUM AG
  Whois Server: whois.antagus.de
  Name Server: NS1.HOSTINGNAMESERVER.NET
  Name Server: NS2.HOSTINGNAMESERVER.NET
  Updated Date: 25-feb-2013
  [b]Creation Date: 25-feb-2013[/b]
  Expiration Date: 25-feb-2014

srsly_guys.jpg

Pretty much all of you are shitposting on last 25 pages. Stop being so naive. Try to guess M-26 terminal password for jerryhopper/melteme instead.

Yeah, it's good to know what you are talking about before you post, especially if you are new to the community. No offense, just saying though.

Just as reminder: there will be and can be fake accounts, its part of the ARG.;)

So watch out... :D

EDIT:

Sorry I thought it was going to be today but I guess not! I'll try to find out in the morning where it went, so all can go to sleep for the next 12 hours at least ;)

So big News tomorrow at 11 am (CET)?

Edited by Raptor

@batto

Wordpress allows you to make the posting date be whatever you wish it to be. So it would be easy to do it all today and make it a seemingly past date.