Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Yeah, i've been tackling this ARG with these guys for a while now. given up many hours of sleep when we finally got access to igor's account. We've run through that server several times with a fine tooth comb.

I have on the dial-up, it doesn't seem to show anything special.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that there's not much left to do, if anything, before the Alpha is released. The last thing we were told to do was to meet Igor's informant at a restaurant on Stratis. So we've got to complete that, and we can't do that until the Alpha is released. Not only that, but seems like the shells.wmv is the same screenshot we saw in Shacktac's ArmA3 preview. Just looks like a similar angle. Could be wrong though. I just don't think there's anything left to do.

According to who?

My initial question stands; has anyone done a spectral analysis of the radio transmission and/or the dial-up.ogg?

Yes. Read the thread. Someone posted a spectrogram in the very early days of the console.

There is no substitute for reading the whole thread - all 78 pages. Grab yourself a cup of tea, and get started.

There is a new file in the incoming folder called shells-hq.txt with a link to a Private Youtube video.

Its already old and have been seen in several threads around these forums... So sadly nothing new in this..!

A bunch of geeks built M26a , igor and Harry and who else ?

They are retired , do we need to find the others to login. Or is that part over with now we have our own logins ?

A bunch of geeks built M26a , igor and Harry and who else ?

They are retired , do we need to find the others to login. Or is that part over with now we have our own logins ?

This part is done. Next task is to meet the "informant" at the "lighthouse".

This part is done. Next task is to meet the "informant" at the "lighthouse".

Lighthouse Restaurant. Not an actual lighthouse.

Don't forget about http://piratepad.net/QeoghALhgK , the pace as considerably slowed down as there seems to be some mistake being made by the ARG organisators, if you read this, you should really send new intel asap, nothing has been progressing the ARG Since the terminal access. Thanks.

What I mean is that it's very surprising to see Tom's blog post one entire day after we got access to the terminal, then get a "Disk full" error after Tom's post, now it's accesible again but strictly nothing changed on the FTP. It's not an ARG if there's isn't any progress :|

Edited by Burgerlolz

Lighthouse Restaurant. Not an actual lighthouse.

It's codename is the lighthouse. That's why it'd in "quotations".

@Burgerlolz: I already explained why there seems to be no progress. We haven't completed the last task yet. The last task was the last email, which says to meet the informant at the restaurant. We complete that tomorrow. That's the very next thing we have to do. Remember, the Alpha and the ARG are not separate. The ARG depends on the Alpha. And the blog did say that we will need the Alpha to complete some of the tasks. This task is one of them. Does it really hurt to take a break for one day?

It's codename is the lighthouse. That's why it'd in "quotations".

@Burgerlolz: I already explained why there seems to be no progress. We haven't completed the last task yet. The last task was the last email, which says to meet the informant at the restaurant. We complete that tomorrow. That's the very next thing we have to do. Remember, the Alpha and the ARG are not separate. The ARG depends on the Alpha. And the blog did say that we will need the Alpha to complete some of the tasks. This task is one of them. Does it really hurt to take a break for one day?

This is kzrts by the way, i've heard that a lot alreadly no need to repeat yourself. I'm just saying there seems to be evident proof of unprofessionalism regarding the ARG, some of the info we get just don't make sense.

If you think about it for a second, we haven't discovered anything besides the eye candy stuff and that MD5 hash, the password was given to us (not sure it was supposed to) , the login was given to us.

(And for the 25th time antoine, please let people do their things, nobody's forcing you to do anything. )

As you know , a bunch of people are seriously involved in it, trying to solve the mystery, yet it's too unclear what we're supposed to do, I'm not saying the clues should be obvious, of course not, but some sort of clues at some point would be nice. I'm still unsure if we were supposed to discover the login/password to igor's account by ourselves, but if this was the case, it was impossible to achieve as there wasn't enough information.

A stagnant arg which is not managed daily is just boring and unefficient.

So jerry if you read this, we love your ARG and what you're doing, but it seems like your arg is not logically structured, no offense intended, as I said, we do enjoy it. We haven't had anything new in 3 days now, and the message is telling us to do that by tomorrow.

Edited by Burgerlolz

Criticisms of the ARG can be made elsewhere. Discussions not pertinent to solving the ARG must stop right now, thank you.

Criticisms of the ARG can be made elsewhere. Discussions not pertinent to solving the ARG must stop right now, thank you.

Very well, I'm not really complaining though, mostly eager to get our hands on more information regarding it.

I wish I realised this ARG was going on sooner... missed out on a lot of fun!

I haven't had a chance to read through all 80 pages yet due to work, so apologies if this has already been solved...

Mike-26 appears on Armaholic's page with ARG & Dslyecxi's new screenshots (number 20 on the page, cant link due to my first post)

Looks like its a sign to some sort of radar installation.

In addition to ''lighthouse" maybe it would be a good idea to investigate tomorrow?

I wish I realised this ARG was going on sooner... missed out on a lot of fun!

I haven't had a chance to read through all 80 pages yet due to work, so apologies if this has already been solved...

Mike-26 appears on Armaholic's page with ARG & Dslyecxi's new screenshots (number 20 on the page, cant link due to my first post)

Looks like its a sign to some sort of radar installation.

In addition to ''lighthouse" maybe it would be a good idea to investigate tomorrow?

Yes, Mike-26 is a radar installation. The "Lighthouse" is a restaurant. I will try to find it tomorrow :) So yes, tomorrow we should investigate it.

Today's the day, the teddy bears have their picnic!

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

Could you fetch an email for me?

In the upcoming hours, and email is being send to the Terminal ( http://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org ).

The first users that are able to decode and translate the message and then send it to me via twitter, will be granted a full Arma 3 steamkey.

Once the key’s are won, this post will be updated.

Follow me @Tom__Larkin

Please note: We have 5 copies to giveaway. This giveaway is a twitter-exclusive

Newest terminal mail:

1/3/2013 11:56:17

'Deliver this message'

Can you deliver my message

this is an important email.

The following message is encoded. The first who can decode and translate this message, and tweet its contents to Tom__Larkin will win a full copy of arma 3

After you delivered the message, head over to Jay Cove and find the exact location of the wreck of Igor's boat. Encrypted message : PU SBZBZ CLYPAHZ #HYTH3 Head over to twitter and send Tom Larkin the decoded and translated message.

Letter replacement translates to IN LUSUS VERITAS #ARMA3

It is latin for PLAYING IN REALITY #ARMA3.

Congrats guys, I was too late as always ;)

Feels good man. :icon_dj:

Congrats, that's the same deal as is up on the BIStore - Alpha available for download with Full game upon release?