Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Don't know if this is anything new, but in M-26_check_data.txt the date reads 24/05/2035_1835

I think that's the status report from that M-26 Radar facility, and as Christie mentioned, it's time-stamped.

Yes, this is the year that the story is set in.

Looks like just a fictional timestamp :)

Is this the date that the alpha is set in then?

Sounds good to me. One last thing, the only file I can't seem to open or send is 1-scan1.txt

Has anyone else had any luck?

The md5 code from the M-26_check_data.txt file translates to CPE1704TKS another Wargames reference!

MrFata - that is full; are there really no alternatives?

i was in there earlier. he's bluffing, they don't really know more than we do now. i think he just wants to advertise that service or something.

i was in there earlier. he's bluffing, they don't really know more than we do now. i think he just wants to advertise that service or something.

No, I think it's that the guys on there (including me) figured it out and TOLD YOU. You should be grateful. It's just we are actively discussing the ARG and trying to figure it out.

MrFata - that is full; are there really no alternatives?

The user limit is 16 you will haft to keep trying

you think wrong, since the necessary information was revealed far earlier by someone else, who isn't you or anyone else involved at that service.

Come in again Scroll down....

you think wrong, since the necessary information was revealed far earlier by someone else, who isn't you or anyone else involved at that service.

and who was that?

EDIT: All of these I've checked, and can be ignored. They aren't leads.

Three things:

1) m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/ seems to have gone down in the last 10 minutes. I'm getting a timeout error (although duckduckgo.com says it's up).

2) I think igor@m26.node-42.rv4a3.org isn't the only built-in user. I normally use Opera as my browser, which is sometimes a bit goofy with JavaScript, and when I type 'igor' into the login prompt, the page automatically resets straight away (no need to hit enter or anything). I had to use Firefox to log in.

The same auto-reset happens to me in Opera for:

ra

jerry

hubbard

lar

harry

My guess is that these (with the @m26.node-42.rv4a3.org suffix) are also accounts. I was going to try them with CPE1704TKS as a password, but now can't get to the prompt at all.

I have also tried these names, which do not trigger the auto-reload:

tom

diana

david

brunkow

3) Has anyone read the serverprotocol.txt file? I can't tell if David Brunkow is a real person and this is an immersive file from somewhere, or if it's relevant (edit - I think he's real and irrelevant). I had thought my ip might be blocked because I tried visiting http://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org:2515 in the browser and also through SSH - I saw the port mentioned in that file "...and the Radar Control Server(RCS). The RCS listens on a default port of 2515 at the IP address identified as radcon on the radar local network."

Edited by 10T
All red herrings.

I also was unable to connect to it from my desktop a while ago. I'm still on it on my laptop.

we already found the password for igor, it's melteme. the other passwords are likely to be names of mediterranean winds. try levanter or levantine.

Sweet. I take it that the incoming folder will keep filling up with images

the draw distance is still pathetic, but my, the things you do see are outstanding. these 3 days of waiting will be absolute hell.

kzrts here, can't get on the piratepad anymore now eh, all subfolders (apps) in the main folder have been checked.

the draw distance is still pathetic, but my, the things you do see are outstanding. these 3 days of waiting will be absolute hell.

Perhaps it's just the settings that aren't even close to maxed out viewdistance? :icon_twisted:

:)

Edited by PurePassion
framez, framez, framez