Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Hopefully will be updating the OP with everything from the last couple of days (though that isn't really that much) tomorrow.

Also, with regards to the plane ticket - why are the date and time circled? Any significance there? And what's with the card included in the same photo. I'm willing to bet if it wasn't needed it wouldn't be there (it took effort to create). The hour of the circled time and the gate (9 and 14 respectively) are the same as the expiry date on the card above - 9/14. This could be coincidence.

Do we know what the map co-ordinates of Stratis are like in-game? We could get given some in-game co-ords at some point, eyes peeled gents.

edit: Why had nobody decrypted the barcode yet?

29Ae5

edit 2: found the original ticket, it belonged to a Philip so the new name is irrelevant. Your ARG makers aren't thorough enough for us, jerryhopper, next time do the barcode too :p guessing there's nothing hidden in the barcode as if they didn't change the name to Tom Larkin, they didn't change anything else.

Compared:

65300623.jpg

Things that have changed:

25871935.jpg

So we can discount the Tom Larkin's as unimportant. The circles in pen are also irrelevant as they exist on the original ticket. The 14 is relevant somehow, as otherwise what would be the point of photoshopping in the departure gate? It's also the year of expiry of the gold card. The date is probably just meant to make everything tie in, and apart from that we have the "e-ticket" number, with the strange "-1" at the end.

Edited by JakeB

The way I see it, the creators of the ARG (whoever is running it) actually just took a picture of an existing plane ticket and photoshopped the information for the ARG. Normally at airports when you go through security they circle the Time and the gate so it's likely that's the reason why they are circled.

The way I see it, the creators of the ARG (whoever is running it) actually just took a picture of an existing plane ticket and photoshopped the information for the ARG. Normally at airports when you go through security they circle the Time and the gate so it's likely that's the reason why they are circled.

Maybe i will go tomorrow to the airport to meet Tom Larkin lol!

Just kidding!the real flight number for tomorrow at 9:45 from Athens to Thessaloniki is A3104 not A3106 as it shows at the airticket!

Edited by Macedonian gr

I remember before the website went down, Joe Larkin, whom I think is Tom Larkin's son, went to become a transport copter pilot. I'd think Tom Larkin's a little too old for this now however.

I seen it :) good thing we know nobody still took it :P

http://i.imgur.com/dfioRXx.jpg you can see watermark on the right bottom

http://i.imgur.com/kae4T0v.png

also new tweet

https://twitter.com/RandalHubb92

Edited by Redjevel

The Tweet says there will be an update of the 'incident' at 20:00 2/3/2012, so I presume the Tweeter simply forgot this is 2013 and some update will be released 8 o'clock tomorrow.

The Tweet says there will be an update of the 'incident' at 20:00 2/3/2012, so I presume the Tweeter simply forgot this is 2013 and some update will be released 8 o'clock tomorrow.
â€@RandalHubb92

@Redjevel Thanks for pointing that out.. this should be 2/3/2013 20:00 . i still cannot get used to a 'new year' when typing.

I guess he saw :P

I assume the accident near Mike is the naval accident mentioned earlier on the same twitter.

Probably not related but there was a leaked shot on Reddit showing Straits and the location of Mike-2B in relation to surrounding POI's

http://i.imgur.com/kae4T0v.png

Edit: Did anyone else notice the unauthorized access warning states Public Law 83-703, the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, seems kind of out of place?

Edited by Scarecrow398

Not sure if this has been found but, if you get into the consle using this method found on reddit Link

There is a command nammed "login"

Using this only requires a password.

See Below

f6a3550cfe9077b066851a0cc8a2fb1f.png?1362167571

You can see the passwords i tried someone else want to give it a go?

Wtf is that?

The picture is inside the console by bypassing the login.

The picture is inside the console by bypassing the login.

Woops wrong thread lol.

Did anyone call this number yet ? +302254093269

EDIT: I just tried, it hangs up without even ringing.

EDIT 2: this is what I retained of last Randy Hubbard tweet: #ioninvolved , has anyone tried the ion site with different credentials, I think we should investigate this.

Also on altis-quest.com: Sometimes, the answer to Toms questions can only be found if you have played the Alpha version of Arma 3, and sometimes the answers lie in cleverly linking clues revealed along the course of the ARG.

So it is my thought that , everything prior to March 5th doesn't require to play the alpha, I'm pretty sure all we have to do right now is to find the password of the bypassed console and the real one. There is no current list of all possible password, though the login I have in mind might be too obvious, it could still be "randalhubb92" "rhubb" or whatever.

Edited by Burgerlolz

New morse signal:

"DE ANDARTIKO VA CYBER INTELLIGENCE TEAM IS COMING TUESDAY VA THE PACKAGE NEEDS TO BE EXTRACTED FROM MIKE26 VA MUST ACT BEFORE ALL DIGITAL TRAILS WILL BE WIPED STOP"

A no clue message urging us to find the login before alpha release.

So does this mean there's something at both Mike 26 and the monument? Could this intelligence include details about a possible Iranian threat to the Mediterranean?

So does this mean there's something at both Mike 26 and the monument? Could this intelligence include details about a possible Iranian threat to the Mediterranean?

My interpretation taking note of jerryhopper's post, we have till tuesday (arma3 alpha release) till we solve this part (terminal login) of the ARG before it becomes void.

I completely forgot about that. Maybe the terminal's credentials are hidden at Mike 26, which would be plausible since that's where the actual computer system is supposedly located. Your theory is just as plausible, though. I'm surprised nobody has been able to gain access to the terminal yet.

This may sound dumb but if the website is run by Ion then perhaps there is something in the PMC expansion?

This may sound dumb but if the website is run by Ion then perhaps there is something in the PMC expansion?

Yea , i smell Ion will return in arma3 might be a dlc with China :D

Wern't Russian-based pmc's mentioned at some point awhile ago on A3's website?

Seeing as the ARG seems to be set in the present, at least for now, it's unlikely Iran will come into it. That threat begins some time after 2030 and if the old background story section from the old Arma3.com are still relevant then the whole thing will be preceeded by some military coup occuring in Esfahan in 2018 I think.

Is anybody still working on this ARG ? The last page of this thread are a no-go, can we get back into the scribblar room created a few page ago and get the quest going ?

I'm pretty sure we have enough information to get the password/ion alternative credentials.

Everything to solve this episode of the ARG is available to us and is not related to any ingame content for now as specified on "altis-quest", so please, let's get this thread back to focus, also where is the OP, the first post could use updates.

EDIT: Can't do anything in scribblar cause no room owner, i'll create another one asap.

EDIT2: Get in here: http://piratepad.net/QeoghALhgK

Edited by Burgerlolz