Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

David Fountain is the name of the person he is going to meet - that's a business card.

============

Buried in the biki, I found this (BE WARNED, IT IS CHOCK-FULL OF SPOILERS)

It looks like it might be helpful for people who, like me, haven't played ArmA singleplayer or have bad memories. (Apart from Resistance, but I'm pretty sure everyone has played that).

Of note - Tom Larkin, don't read this - :

+ No references to Randall Hubbard

+ 09/06/1981 Joe Larkin born in Seattle

+ 25/08/1987 Tom Larkin was born in Seattle

+ 18/08/2011 Joe Larkin patrols the Karzegho-Takistani border

+ 01/06/2012 Joe Larkin provides air support in Takistan

==== PRESENT =====

+ 29/03/2013 Joe Larkin air-drops propaganda leaflets over captured Takistani territory

+ 17/06/2013 Harry Larkin dies

+ 04/07/2013 Tom Larkin returns back home to Seattle (FROM WHERE?)

Nice. Maybe he went into special forces, so there's nothing available?

Randall Hubbard â€@RandalHubb92

Work is almost done. Preparing for investigation tomorrow about some calamities at the coast of Altis, a man died. pic.twitter.com/JnzzrLM7H1

Well, we can see the radar station in the screenshot...but I'm not sure what else we're supposed to be looking for.

So, who's setting up a big ArmA3 ARG server? :p

Can somebody please put all of the new people and twitter accounts into one post for me so I can update the OP? I've lost track of all the newly introduced characters.

Apart from that I need to add the altisquest site and the morse code deciphering to the OP as well. Anything else? What if the A3A announcement was the intel that was being referred to, seeing as it's generally accepted that we need to do something *in* the alpha.

Going back to the monument:

This seems to suggest that there might be a wreckage somewhere for us to find. Although, given that it was only 20 years ago, possibly slightly insensitive?

Okay, so the Greek monument? The one for the pilot who crashed, Nikos Sialmas. His plane crashed over the Aegean sea.

Tom Larkin mentions going wreck diving in his blog, perhaps he's going to be going there?

And with the addition of underwater environments in ArmA 3, maybe we're supposed to find it?

And with the addition of underwater environments in ArmA 3, maybe we're supposed to find it?

Bingo.

Diving & naval warfare is a new element of freedom in ArmA III. You're supposed to go there in-game, not RL. :cc:

A monument is one thing, but the wreck of a dead guy as a clue? A step too far don't you think?

Dude, this is fiction & the year is 2030 -- could be a shipwreck, a sub, a helicopter, a clowncar, a wreck of a flying T-90 tank (yes... flew all the way from Chernarus) - anything in the game, not necessarily a plane.

Does the alpha come with dedicated server?

This isn't the thread for that bro.

A monument is one thing, but the wreck of a dead guy as a clue? A step too far don't you think?

No. Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's a wreck, and one that's accurate to the environment. It's not insulting or insensitive. It's real. People that think otherwise are just trying to be offended imo. All wrecks based on real things are going to be "wrecks of a dead guy", 'cause they're wrecks. Maybe it's just a crashed plane underwater, and the ARG guys (so non-BI) are saying it's this wreck. Maybe it's just to lead us to that type of wreck and they're not connected at all. Either way I do not care, and am not offended. Unless BI included the corpse they can do whatever they like.

This isn't supposed to cause a debate, so please do not debate my own opinion. Feel free to state whether you agree or disagree, as long as the post is relating to the ARG, but I am not debating anything.

Dude, this is fiction & the year is 2030 -- could be a shipwreck, a sub, a helicopter, a clowncar, a wreck of a flying T-90 tank (yes... flew all the way from Chernarus) - anything in the game, not necessarily a plane.

I think the point is that this plane wreck would tie in with the monument at the southern tip of Stratis which is clearly important to the ARG.

Maybe it's just to lead us to that type of wreck and they're not connected at all. Either way I do not care, and am not offended. Unless BI included the corpse they can do whatever they like.

Considering how long a corpse of his body would have lasted...maybe we are just looking for Dog Tags.

Probably not, but I've seen a very detailed Osprey V-22 wreck in the screenshots/vids last Summer. Could constitute a "plane" wreck.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

that is really intresting!

scuba dive in a shipwreck in lemnos

Edited by Macedonian gr

So you will be giving them iranians flowers in-game because it's very unethical otherwise?

Considering how long a corpse of his body would have lasted...maybe we are just looking for Dog Tags.

Or a skeleton.

Can somebody please put all of the new people and twitter accounts into one post for me so I can update the OP? I've lost track of all the newly introduced characters.

documented here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma3_ARG_2013

Maybe you can link to the page on this thread as well?

All new informations listed there.

I hope I don't overread some important infos.

small notice:

I wont be able the update the page within the next days so maybe someone have a look to it or collect the new informations for me.

Edited by Raptor

https://twitter.com/Tom__Larkin/status/306396057485578240/photo/1

Room 1530...

15:30Z? Maybe there'll be an announcement today at 15:30!

Oh wait....

*doh*

EDIT:

Re. new ArmA 3 server: the IP is the same as the first, the Sahrani Radio / m26.node-42.rv4a3.org - i.e. it's Jerry again. I guess wait out for the page to go live.

Edited by bovine3dom

Two more added to the black list. Please post only things relevant to solving the ARG, and please just report instances of people posting spam instead of responding to it please.

edit: And, I should say thank you to everyone who has been contributing thus far :)

Edited by Max Power

documented here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma3_ARG_2013

Maybe you can link to the page on this thread as well?

All new informations listed there.

I hope I don't overread some important infos.

small notice:

I wont be able the update the page within the next days so maybe someone have a look to it or collect the new informations for me.

Raptor could you update the wiki for the morse messages, there are only 2 messages.

After much checking these must be it:

MSG1 = ANDARTIKO VA INTELLIGENSE IS COMING - BE READY VA

MSG2 = VA ANDARTIKO 39.465764 24.986338 STAND BY FOR INTEL ANDARTIKO OUT

Edited by TonyGrunt
Corrected 39.464764 to 39.465764

Thanks for note TonyGrunt, updated the page. :)

If we have to still find the password i had another idea ( but not about the user names):

Molon labe is a link to the battle of thermopilae, which leonidas troops and other greeks went there to block access to the Persians.If i think of it, ephialtes showed how to go around it to the Persians and have an alternative access. and here's the thought. Ephialtes ( or however can it be spelled , in latin or greek words)= access= password ?

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Remove all the letters and do this to them 39.46764,24.9833 and put it in google maps ;)

i start thinking that someone should realy go over there IRL ( i will be in greece in summer...;) )

If we have to still find the password i had another idea ( but not about the user names):

Molon labe is a link to the battle of thermopilae, which leonidas troops and other greeks went there to block access to the Persians.If i think of it, ephialtes showed how to go around it to the Persians and have an alternative access. and here's the thought. Ephialtes ( or however can it be spelled , in latin or greek words)= access= password ?

Tried it with with "melteme" as username, didn't work.

i start thinking that someone should realy go over there IRL ( i will be in greece in summer...;) )

It's kind of in the middle of nowhere to anyone outside Greece, way far up into the Aegean. I'm about 900 km away from it in a straight line. :cc: It's supposed to be an in-game clue, seeing as Alpha is out next Tuesday. :cc: If not, I'll be dissapoint. :(

That would be a fun thing to explain to the police...

Seriously though, we had to dig in the last ARG, though that was in the Czech republic, which is a bit easier to do than going all the way to a remote island to dig a few hundred meters away from a monument, which is a bit much to ask. Though i do wonder why they would give us exactly that location, and not just the location of the monument, if they meant that.

Maybe a path from that point to the monument ( i havent checked google maps ) too

It's kind of in the middle of nowhere to anyone outside Greece, way far up into the Aegean. I'm about 900 km away from it in a straight line. :cc: It's supposed to be an in-game clue, seeing as Alpha is out next Tuesday. :cc: If not, I'll be dissapoint. :(

It's in the middle of nowhere for Greeks too. 8.5 hours ship travel from the mainland or 1 hour from Lemnos if you fly there. And now is the slow season, so not sure if hotel or vehicle renting is available.