Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

The main page at arma3.com has been removed and it's now a 403 error since there is no index page. Meaning something is coming really soon.

Could somebody make a tl;dr version of ALL of this in layman's terms? As much as I'm excited for ArmA 3 I'm pretty clueless in this thread.

That Army could be us. Ready to deploy in 6 hours to you-know-what.

P.S. Found it - https://twitter.com/FoltynD 1 hour ago! OMG.

I think you are taking this to far. They are not going to release the alpha without an big announcement :P Althought it would be nice

Δαβίδ = David

συντÏιβάνι = fountain

David Fountain

Maybe Fountain is meant to be Foltyn i.e David Foltyn i.e Dwarden :cool:

perhaps there is something in the coords?

I fully expect when I get home to have an alpha available to download :P

David Fountain is the name of the person he is going to meet - that's a business card.

============

Buried in the biki, I found this (BE WARNED, IT IS CHOCK-FULL OF SPOILERS)

It looks like it might be helpful for people who, like me, haven't played ArmA singleplayer or have bad memories. (Apart from Resistance, but I'm pretty sure everyone has played that).

Of note - Tom Larkin, don't read this - :

+ No references to Randall Hubbard

+ 09/06/1981 Joe Larkin born in Seattle

+ 25/08/1987 Tom Larkin was born in Seattle

+ 18/08/2011 Joe Larkin patrols the Karzegho-Takistani border

+ 01/06/2012 Joe Larkin provides air support in Takistan

==== PRESENT =====

+ 29/03/2013 Joe Larkin air-drops propaganda leaflets over captured Takistani territory

+ 17/06/2013 Harry Larkin dies

+ 04/07/2013 Tom Larkin returns back home to Seattle (FROM WHERE?)

I think you are taking this to far. They are not going to release the alpha without an big announcement :P Althought it would be nice

Famous last words

It's perfect timing, 18:00 GMT - everyone should be home and F5 spamming the forums. Also, this ARG may be shorter than the 2011 one, plus I don't expect people to take a boat ride to real life Stratis! So we'll have to go to the monument in-game. trollface.png

P.S. if Captain Scott Miller is with us, it means it's not 2013 anymore, but the mid-2030!!

This is a SahraniRadio ARG guys, not an official Bohemia Interactive thingie, this is most certainly unrelated to arma3.com being down and today news announcement. Also the database update can be something else than a game update, if it is a game update indeed it's been updated 3 times today alreadly.

It's perfect timing, 18:00 GMT - everyone should be home and F5 spamming the forums. Also, this ARG may be shorter than the 2011 one, plus I don't expect people to take a boat ride to real life Stratis! So we'll have to go to the monument in-game. http://www.postcount.net/forum/images/smilies/trollface.png

No, it's supposed to last until the final release of the game. But it is in parts.

David Fountain is the name of the person he is going to meet - that's a business card.

I'm a twit. If this is a business card, we should be spelling the name phonetically: i.e. David Sintrivani

From the card:

Ancestry Research Middle Agean = ARMA

Does Genealogy Department or GD point somewhere?

Also Agean should be spelled Aegean if they are going for Aegean sea, 2nd time I see this grammar oddity in the ARG.

This is a SahraniRadio ARG guys, this is most certainly unrelated to arma3.com being down and today news announcement.

:rolleyes:

At last!!!

I knew it was the 5th March, I can now breathe!

Also the Larkins Travel Plans elude to the alpha being out next week read it carefully!

As a perfect excuse for a vacation, my father’s history intrigues me. I have decided to book a flight to Altis next week, and arrange some accomodation there. Armed with the letters and some old maps, I’m trying to get in touch with people who knew my dad. My mate Randall, who i know from a scuba vacation, is stationed in the Aegean area, and he might be of help when it comes to the construction phase of Mike 26B.

We might even have some time to do some wreck-diving together.

No, it's supposed to last until the final release of the game. But it is in parts.

Yes, and one of those parts is the release of A3A in between.

See you on the Southern tip of Stratis by the monument, guise. trollface.png

Awesome! I'll be getting the supporter edition!

Looks like i will be doing that too, anyway on topic hope we see more hints as we go forward.

Edited by R0adki11

There are already 2 threads where we can discuss the release of ArmA3. Can we stay on topic here.

Randall Hubbard â€@RandalHubb92

Work is almost done. Preparing for investigation tomorrow about some calamities at the coast of Altis, a man died. pic.twitter.com/JnzzrLM7H1

Edited by KeefehB
added link