Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Harry is his brother. He crashes the helicopter in the beginning and then Tom takes over as the pilot for Larkin Aviation. You also play as Harry in one of the missions of TOH.

Copy that, thanks.

Harry is not Toms father? You sure? Since:

Title= (Bad news, Harry got hospitalized)

Bad news, today I got a call that dad had a stroke. We went to the hospital at 04:30AM. He’s on intensive care now, and needs rest.

Since last week’s stroke both Josh and me have mixed feelings about dad’s health.

Harry is not Toms father? You sure? Since:

Sorry, that is wrong. I got it mixed... Joe is the brother, Harry is the father.

So have we clarified the username yet?

jerryhopper is could be one.

Tom Larkins Dad was involved in the construction of Mike26. He probaly has an Login for the console.

I tried diana/tom/josh/joshtom/tomjosh(WOPR reverence?) as a password but nothing worked.

I believe Mike 26 is not the full name, it refers to a camp constructed on Stratis called Camp Maxwell - Mike 26. :)

jerryhopper is could be one.

Personally, I doubt it. It would likely be something story related, not related to the behind-the-scenes people that made this all.

btw "Melteme", is it a name/lastname or the like?

Diana Melteme?

Meltem E.?

Edited by AlexVestin

""melteme" is apparently the name of a wind: ""the bad tempered one": Northerly wind in the Aegean.", source: http://windlegends.org/windnames.htm"

^

From the first page.

Then PurePassion replied to this post:

How do u know?!?!?!?!?!??!

With:

Like a northernly wind that smells like adventure.... or something similar to that, it seems the post was deleted.

Our favorite island Lemnos/Lemnos/Altis is to the north of Stratis. And there is a radar station on Stratis.

arma3blog.com/sites/default/files/web_stratis_map_overview.jpg

Edited by bobtom

Don't know if this was already discussed, or maybe it's irrelevant.

The modem dial-up handshake sound... Could it be of any importance?

This is what I found so far, maybe one of you guys could look it up a bit further :

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/modemdialupsound_615.jpg

http://windytan.blogspot.fi/2012/11/the-sound-of-dialup-pictured.html

The terminal's webpage title is M26α which, when spelled using phonetics is Mike 26 Alpha.

Randall Hubbard mentions in a tweet (https://twitter.com/RandalHubb92) that he is on the way to Mike 26 Bravo

That's true, and a good point; but it doesn't make sense. The activity/hacking would definitely be on alpha, as that's what the terminal is, so why would he be going to Bravo?

That and did we figure out what the numbers in the stratis showcase video were

about?

At 1:20 we get a brief look at the monument.

That's purely the military time and date. The other scenes have them too!

Concentrate on the monument and on Spartans.

What do they have in common? Greek warriors sacrificed their live to stop the "enemy"

Who are you? One of us, or not eh?

Yeah, it's good to know what you are talking about before you post, especially if you are new to the community. No offense, just saying though.

Bovin3dom is not new to the ArmA community, just to the BI forum. Also just saying.

That will be interesting. Want to practice? Solve the riddle on Lingor.

Eh?

btw "Melteme", is it a name/lastname or the like?

Diana Melteme?

Meltem E.?

It should be a username. In the screenshot I posted on the first page, where Batto gets in, you can see there is a /home/melteme directory. On linux systems usernames each have a directory of the same name in the /home folder. (It may not be the only username.) I think it's likely it could be a call sign (as I said before, for a member of Task Force Aegis) - possibly Miller because they begin with the same letter (as I believe is often the case).

Could someone be a dear and type up everything (all the lore surrounding, sources etc.) Tom Larkin, the Twitter CIA person, Miller etc - I'll add it to the first post.

Eh?

There's a riddle over Lingor/ Dingor. Its on little rocks and it takes you across the island and ultimately ..something, google it if you really want to know

Sorry for getting off topic.

I didn't see much about the the WarGames reference, here's a few things that might have some significance:

-The launch code that Joshua "figures out" for himself at the end of the movie is: CPE 1704 TKS

-The phone number that David used to call the NORAD W.O.P.R. computer was 399-2364.

-In the opening scene of the movie, the launch code is DLG2209TVX.

-The touch-tone sequence to reach the President from NORAD control center (approx 44 minutes in) is the famous "da da da dum" from Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. These four notes are also the letter V in Morse Code, used variously as a symbol of victory and peace.

As for the ION Inc. websites careers page (bellow) had some interesting job IDs. Stratis can be spelled out with the capitalized letters but I'm not sure how long ago this page was updated and there doesn't seem to be anything else of significance there. It's probably just coincidence seeing as those IDs are taken from the names of the ION employees with the respective jobs.

Job ID

STRan6

ASAno1

TANny9

DIXon5

I've tried various combinations of these before the Tom Larkin blog was discovered. Nothing yet but I thought it might switch on a light bulb for someone else.

Also, in relation to the AMES1 on the m26 login page which I have seen mentioned but I didn't see "Chain Home" mentioned. It's the codename of the AMES Type1 early warning radar used by the UK during WWII. Although there are other possible meanings of this acronym this one seems like it might be important because, as we all know, the Mike 26 facility is a radar facility.

Unrelated to the British radar, the radar facility on Stratis actually looks very similar to some real world weather radars, maybe something to do with "melteme"?

Sources:

Wargames Trivia: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

ION Inc.: http://www.ion-inc.com/careers

AMES Type 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Ministry_Experimental_Station

Chain Home: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_Home

Weather radar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_radar

Edited by Clarkey1

It should be a username. In the screenshot I posted on the first page, where Batto gets in, you can see there is a /home/melteme directory. On linux systems usernames each have a directory of the same name in the /home folder. (It may not be the only username.) I think it's likely it could be a call sign (as I said before, for a member of Task Force Aegis) - possibly Miller because they begin with the same letter (as I believe is often the case).

Alot of the time when an ftp account is created it creates a directory in the ftp named after them.

EG: /home/melteme

Could melteme be a ftp account username?

The console is completely scripted. Even the version and date of the mail program are values defined by the person who modified the terminal.

As someone else already pointed out, users on unix systems get a directory for them in the /home/ folder. Same with var/spool/mail, where unix systems normally create folders for all the users. The messages in those folders used to be mostly internal mail, not sent via the internet.

I believe Mike 26 is not the full name, it refers to a camp constructed on Stratis called Camp Maxwell - Mike 26. :)

Mike 26 is NOT Camp Maxwell. Mike 26 is Air Station Mike 26

Mike 26 is NOT Camp Maxwell. Mike 26 is Air Station Mike 26

Ah yes,

I suppose Mike 26A = Air station

But what is Mike 26B?

Ah yes,

I suppose Mike 26A = Air station

But what is Mike 26B?

No, it's Mike 26 ALPHA. It's a designation for the 1st Air Station. A isn't an abbreviation for Air Station. Mike 26 BRAVO is the second Air Station. It's the same as Mike-26 (1) and Mike-26 (2).

So, if the altis quest is legit, we need to ask the following :

1.It said that the alpha is part of it, it also said that the answer could be found in two weeks.

Does it mean that we should expect the alpha in the next weeks?

2.What do we know about Tom Larkin? His father helped to build the airstation Mike-26, his father died and his brother took the heli company.

3.in the website it said that we need to help Tom by answering his questions, what his first question?

4.How does the TerminalM26a is related to Tom?

5.The terminal is "owned" by Ion, how does Ion and Tom connected?

6.Tom tweeted that he digitized the photos and letters or whatever that was, someone who have experiance in photoshop should examine the photos that are in the altis quest.

Edit-

7.Will Tom's blog will follow on the real timeline of ArmAverse? I mean his second post is about his father being hospitilized, if it will, we should expect nothing that we know from TKoH so this whole blog should be kind of a new timeline, maybe an intro to the game itself?

If there something else tht I missed please add to this list, if the OP thinks this list is important you can add a section of what we need to know and what we are missing.

Edited by whisky

I've had to catch up on 20+ pages quickly since this am but..

lots about the brothers, Larkins, are mentioned, so this stands out atm to me,

Link- As a perfect excuse for a vacation, my father’s history intrigues me. I have decided to book a flight to Altis next week, and arrange some accomodation there. Armed with the letters and some old maps, I’m trying to get in touch with people who knew my dad. My mate Randall, who i know from a scuba vacation, is stationed in the Aegean area, and he might be of help when it comes to the construction phase of Mike 26B.

We might even have some time to do some wreck-diving together.

"Randall? Is he/she of importance?

Also "Diana" is mentioned many times. (Possible new "female" character for the A3 campaign?)

Lots to read still, but maybe they are getting ready to release the A3-Alpha wihthin the terminal at http://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/

I've had to catch up on 20+ pages quickly since this am but..

lots about the brothers, Larkins are mentioned, so this stands out atm to me,

"Randall? Is he/she of importance?

Also "Diana" is mentioned many times. (Possible new "female" character for the A3 campaign?)

Lots to read still, but maybe they are getting ready to release the A3-Alpha wihthin the terminal at http://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/

Randell is the CIA guy that we found his tweets about going to stratis or Altis about a hacker breach in the airstation Mike-26...

So, if the altis quest is legit, we need to ask the following :

1.It said that the alpha is part of it, it also said that the answer could be found in two weeks.

Does it mean that we should expect the alpha in the next weeks?

1. Maybe, but is it likely? I remember BI saying they would publish further information about the release this month. Probably that new email JH has, is the info of the release date.

The rest are fine questions, but it takes a smarter man then me to answer them.