Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Confirmed fake, I was just about to mention that he wasn't following the same types of twitter accounts( US army, Marines etc.)

Looking at it, I expect the Nikos Sialmas Twitter account is a troll. The tweets from the other ARG accounts were made several hours ago, where as the first tweet from this account was ~10 minutes ago- after the original accounts were discovered.

So I'd say discard that one. I can't see BIS doing such a thing, the controversy would be too much for them.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the twitter account itself.

â€@NikosSialmas

Hey Community just wanna tell you that this was just a test. And a warning! Its very easy to make new twitter accounts. No hard feelings

:/

Not cool whoever that was.

Oh okay, because that would've been a tad bit too harsh, if it was real.

don't know if it was recoginzed before, but @ftp://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/armad/_upload/key:

AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAjKoU4amdhwOAV/xcVRcn+svmkPq7z1CEv3MUtarGplwY7B3ojKED6PMekYjAyvmultRQD2lQ15QWkchVWIjFmpPP85IML5zUAgGQ8PL+5oxVIlbATu3naawysuqrfhyXxI60BUaRefMxathR3EGbUtc6y2M2IWBvCAQ2O00zR00

don't know if it was recoginzed before, but @ftp://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/armad/_upload/key:

AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAIEAjKoU4amdhwOAV/xcVRcn+svmkPq7z1CEv3MUtarGplwY7B3ojKED6PMekYjAyvmultRQD2lQ15QWkchVWIjFmpPP85IML5zUAgGQ8PL+5oxVIlbATu3naawysuqrfhyXxI60BUaRefMxathR3EGbUtc6y2M2IWBvCAQ2O00zR00

I saw that, decoded from base64 it reads:

���ssh-rsa���%����W\U'Ps\PiPUX/U"VNi2~Fy1jQAR:c6!`o6;M3GM

ssh-rsa ? Can this be a ssh key ?

This looks exactly like a public ssh key, do we have an ssh service running on some of those systems ?

It's quite clear BIS is pointing us at that monument, heck, at this point they might as well have a giant glowing neon sign over it saying CLUE HERE

Problem is this is a public key and we cant log in with a public key, we need the private one.

It's quite clear BIS is pointing us at that monument, heck, at this point they might as well have a giant glowing neon sign over it saying CLUE HERE

This, Scott Miller's mentioning of the Phrase Molon Lave leads me it's something to do with that. Also, it's spelled Molon Labe on Wiki, interesting?

This, Scott Miller's mentioning of the Phrase Molon Lave leads me it's something to do with that. Also, it's spelled Molon Labe on Wiki, interesting?

Translation, b ---> v is common in Latin Langueges.... (as so said before by someone).

That's because you pronounce it like Molon Lave but you spell it like Molon Labe.

I just want to say that this ARG is completely ridiculous by now. Basically anybody can troll any creepy information and confuse everybody. AFAIK the terminal and the recording are the only official clues.

According to somebody earlier in the thread (CBA to go back and look for it), the V/B translation from Latin to English is pretty interchangeable.

I just want to say that this ARG is completely ridiculous by now. Basically anybody can troll any creepy information and confuse everybody. AFAIK the terminal and the recording are the only official clues.

Well, the Twitter accounts had Tweets from several days before the ARG, one as far as Feb 19...

I Believe the Twitter accounts are legit, don't know about the recording. the Monument has something to do with the password.

(I should've known about the B/V thing, i'm learning Russian, which has the same.)

The recording was months old, it has nothing to do with this ARG. I believe the twitter accounts are legit except for the crashed pilot one.

"Im at the Nikos Sialmas Monument, Agios Efstratios Greece. the monument text says: Molon Lave which means : "Come get some!""

It's all about monument now.

Anyone is able to check the terminal dialup sound? I think there is a message there.