Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Scott Miller is born in 1992 according to the character descriptions:

I said that because he asked if it will be important...

The rar-file is not a real rar-file, it looks like some kind of c++ source code:

It's C, Lua and Objective-C (iOS APIs).

I might have taken the Lua to mean they're adding that as an alternative to SQF, but where does Objective-C (or C for that matter, but I could have excused that) come into play?'

Edited by eddieck
spoiler doesn't work in quotes

He also says he is standing there in his tweet :D. I think they are directing us to this, perhaps for login on the site?

He also says he is standing there in his tweet :D. I think they are directing us to this, perhaps for login on the site?

or perhaps to Miller.

and not just greece..

Looks like Stratis.

Edit: Well it's Stratis. :D

I also love the fact that Scott Miller tweeted about something in ArmA 3, second tweet...

so no forum member that lives close to the monument who can go check it out for clues? :P

It keeps coming back to that monument, that location. I think it has to have something to do with that, whether it be the coordinates, the "Molon Lav/b/e" or something else. Of course, it could have something to do with Scott Miller, but I'm not sure how, given the information we have discovered thus far.

Nikos Sialmas was the pilot that was killed, that's who the monument at the southern tip of Stratis is dedicated to. Again, that monument...

The ftp files should not be discarded imho. Look at this one m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/armad/_upload/pen.php

$file = ("./json-rpc-service-demo.php");
header ("Content-Type: application/octet-stream");
header ("Accept-Ranges: bytes");
header ("Content-Length: ".filesize($file));
header ("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".$file);
readfile($file);

This php code, reads the json php file that holds the password for the terminal, so if this file is present in the http server somewhere and we can execute it, it could potentially give us the login and password for the terminal.

here is a snipet of the default json-rpc-service-demo.php which shows that the login and pass should be defined in there:

if (strcmp($user, 'demo') == 0 && strcmp($passwd, 'demo') == 0) {
     // If you need to handle more than one user you can create 
     // new token and save it in database
     // UPDATE users SET token = '$token' WHERE name = '$user'
     return md5($user . ":" . $passwd);

But knowing BIS it could be a diversion :)

I really hope BI isn't using a soldier's name who fell in the line of duty for a silly game and this being another troll.

Nikos Sialmas was the pilot that was killed, that's who the monument at the southern tip of Stratis is dedicated to. Again, that monument...

wait, they simply took a name of a dead person, and tweeting from it, i'm right?

That Monument.... WTF?

There is something about the Molon Labe... we need to figure it out...

I really hope BI isn't using a soldier's name who fell in the line of duty for a silly game and this being another troll.

yeah, i'm kinda confused about that myself.

Indeed, account recently created too!

Whoever is creating these accounts is going a tad bit too far using a dead person for this ARG.

ok, so that makes this very weird then... a twitter account impersonating a real person who died? That's risky territory, isn't it?

â€@NikosSialmas

Hey Community just wanna tell you that this was just a test. And a warning! Its very easy to make new twitter accounts. No hard feelings

:/

Not cool whoever that was.