Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

Dude, there is an update at the Limnos Times every day at the same time. ;)

sorry i forgot to quote a post ;)

There's gotta be something we are missing. Or maybe they didn't give us a whole secret way to find this, and tomorrow they will publish something helpful?

I am also pretty sure that waiting might be a key aspect here. I am sure that they are not just going to give us a single day or so to figure it all out. I would assume there is going to be updates over a period of time. It just makes sense. So it is very possible that they might give updates.

Is PurePassion in on this? :O

Good question!

Guys, guys, can we just first focus on the password of the terminal? Is there anything besides Sahrani radio and Limnos radio that stands out about Jerry Hopper?

Yes; on his LinkedIn it now has him as working for the company who are hosting rv4a3.org.

Probably something to be ignored. That ftp is unreliable. Too many trolls.

Isn't that an old LemnosRadio message? - Yes it is, Ninjad.

Haven't they removed write access?

A quote from Jerry Hoppers twitter from 6 hours ago:

a engineer is checking if hardware-fail. Whatever it is, this is slowing down the release of clues & hints

Dude, there is an update at the Limnos Times every day at the same time. ;)

Even it could be connected to the message.mp3

I am also pretty sure that waiting might be a key aspect here. I am sure that they are not just going to give us a single day or so to figure it all out. I would assume there is going to be updates over a period of time. It just makes sense. So it is very possible that they might give updates.

Usually in ARGs they release all the info for the first step all at once, then that leads to new stuff etc. - I'd be surprised if we were supposed to sit at the terminal login for more than a couple of days.

A quote from Jerry Hoppers twitter from 6 hours ago:

Yup just saw that, wonder what that is supposed to be about.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Usually in ARGs they release all the info for the first step all at once, then that leads to new stuff etc. - I'd be surprised if we were supposed to sit at the terminal login for more than a couple of days.

True, my first one that I have actually cared about playing, so I am really enjoying the sleuthing aspect of it all ;)

Well, then. Guess we wait this "hardware fail" to be fixed...

I believe it's already fixed. The m24.node-42.rv4a3.org was down back then.

And is that message.mp3 legit or some old audio? It's Dean Hall aka "rocket" talking in it. Nevermind.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Yea, it was fixed a few hours ago. It's likely the next Limnos times update will give us some clues about the ARG. That tweet was about the ARG btw.

The Message from the link below is saying that that we need to call Limnos radio hotline immediately does anyone have that number? It also is say the man talking in the record is "Rocket Actual" Speaking to "Community" Witch is us. Could this be a clue?

He is also say questions required immediately. This is sounding link a clue to me.

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/armad/_upload/message.mp3

I think we need to leave the FTP for now.

It has too much stuff inside it. Maybe they are trying to cover a clue, maybe not-who knows?

Yet, there are too much stuff there to scan...

Imo, we should focus a bit more on JH's limnos times, because it's a direct communication channel with everyone of us (we just need to go to that website).

Now, is it just me, or when I refresh the terminal there is no dialup sound?

No, when the files got transferred it was among them. I remember seeing it. Maybe just some trolls (like the quote below).

Would you guys stop? There are some guys that are having fun seeing this investigation evolves.

The file m26.node-42.rv4a3.org/dial-up.ogg is giving a 404 error.

And are you calling me a troll because you are quoting my post?