Sign in to follow this  
JakeB

ArmA 3: new ARG - Things we know so far.

when you open the link you have this : Tady nic neni = there is nothing here

I would really want some "dev/pr guy" here to confirm if this is acutally ARG or say "we dont know what the hell is that" :P

I would really want some "dev/pr guy" here to confirm if this is acutally ARG or say "we dont know what the hell is that" :P

We get it, you have no clue what's going on. Please, you don't have to remind us on every page. It's either an ARG or they were being clever with the hostname and credentials. Either way, cracking this gives the community something to do.

It's not from bis. It's from the greek secret service, they are trying to capture even more spies... everyone contributing delivers proof of beeing a spy =P

Anyone interested in my high quality tin foil hats?

ARG.jpg

If you don't think it's an arg, then don't play. Regardless, please only make posts relevent to solving the arg. If I find that any user is filling the thread with irrelevant, unrelated chatter, that user may find himself unable to participate. From our experience with the previous args, these threads quickly become totally impenetrable.

ShackTac Server Spotted.

8a5bd0417bfc2d825ffb831f5221bc42.png?1361760013

EDIT: Now 64 man server, What are you up to ShackTac...

Edited by MrFata

This propably is just me grasping at straws, but m26.node-42.rv4a3 could be a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and/or Deep Thought

Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything (42)

I've present for hungry milsimers :3

Install ActivePerl: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/downloads

In ActivePerl install following modules:

LWP::UserAgent

Text::Autoformat

Digest::MD5

Run this script http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=51QS2T1K and type _only_ passwords. It tries both users. It also tries some variations, so for "Martin And Ivan" it will try

Martin And Ivan

Martin and Ivan

martin and ivan

MARTIN AND IVAN

martinandivan

MARTINANDIVAN

martin_and_ivan

MARTIN_AND_IVAN

When you type correct one it'll let you know ;)

All tried passwords are stored in arma3arg_tried_pws.txt in your home directory (already tried are not tried again).

EDIT: Download again. Fixed bug.

Nice script! Sorry about earlier - I assumed you'd guessed the login details rather than bypassed them. How exactly does one 'run' your script? I've opened it with perl.exe, it opens a cmd window but doesn't do anything interesting. All of your suggested packages were installed by default, by the way.

edit: what about editing the script slightly so it runs through a dictionary file? I'd be willing to use my computing power for it ^_^

All you need to do to run script is install perl in D:\perl and save script in same location and rename it yourfile.pl after that you run cmd

Once you have cmd open you should wrote these

D:

cd perl

yourfile.pl

"password"

David does not know that the Sunnyvale phone number connects to WOPR, or "Joshua", at Cheyenne Mountain.

Any recall that phone number?

Edited by Sakinz

Translation of the memorial homepage:

TRUTH, do you remember what you did at 9:17 a.m. on June 18, 1992?

I'd say ask a lot. He has also spent an entire month. Besides what difference might it have? Only comparative, and one that you did that morning in June, may have been more important than it did the first lieutenant Nicholas A. Sialmas.

Why that morning, Nick Sialmas gave his life in an unequal struggle for all of us can feel considerably much more mundane or trivial things.

H idea that the great, was the expulsion by any means of the Turkish invader of the national airspace. Cut the thread of life of the azure waters of the Aegean opted to defend in every way.

O akiryktos war in the Aegean continued uninterrupted for 18 years.

Pilots Aviation treat him like our daily routine. Horsemen in iron horses in a constant struggle that causes the boundaries. Airports diaspora Rendina, scrabble, jam. Days solitude away from family and poor living conditions.

Our operators know the game well.

O attacker walked this time winner, taking advantage of its technological superiority. H bitterness of Aviation pilots lost our colleague was great.

O pain but gets bigger as the rest of us, ensconced in the safety and doulitses we discover them after every accident. And then the audacity to ensure ignorance, we proceed in judgments and criticisms. This happened after the death of Nick saliva.

The politicians always there to redeem any remaining shame in votes. Thus, the first response to the question why the planes were sent to intercept the second generation. The question posed by those who are primarily responsible for the fact that we do not have enough aircraft third generation!

At the same time, before cock crow, Greek Prime Minister declares that'' no risk'' from the east. It is therefore futile sacrifice of Nick sialic? Are Turkish violations magical images in the minds of our aviation pilots?

Of course not.

Residents of the remote islands of our daily experience and know the sacrifice of pilots the Air Force And they always humble and without egotism, continue to do their job in the best way.

No, Nick Sialmas was not a hero. He was a man of duty. What could best describe him are the words of the namesake Jonathan Seagull poetry of Richard Bach, when leaving education in the flock of seagull feathers Flets:'' Do not let them propagate Boxes rumors about me or make me god . Granted Flets?'m Gull. M 'likes to fly. Maybe ...''.

The asprogyalisma stopped. O Jonathan Seagull had vanished into the air.

We believe that it will not take long time that the rest flock will avenge his death.

George Christogiannakis

* FLIGHT Magazine July 1992

* Simeioma.O Lieutenant Nick Sialmas called that morning with Mirage F-1CG'' second generation'' as has come to be called, to stop the then-new acquisition'' third generation'' of the Turkish Air Force F-16C. The dogfight was near Agios Efstratios.

The Mirage F-1 had a reputation for all the 80's that had not lost a dogfight over the Aegean. But the technological difference and the difference in flexibility between the two planes were chaotic.

Nick was determined not to let the Turks get the'' tail''.

Things were very difficult but not abandoned. Low sea downloaded to the harder and pulled sharply.

Attracted so much that exceeded the limits, the aircraft lost its support and pinned to the sea. ------------------------------- -----------------

Some years later, the Air Force created the namesake was named as'' Cape'' Nick Sialmas Agios Efstratios, close to where he fell Nikos, a monument.

A Spartan shield and a spear below the jetties'' handles''.

The mark of 342 Squadron M.P.K.

The size such that it appears from above ...

Was destined to be the Mirage F-1CG'''' LIMNOS the aircraft which departed for the longest road trip Nick.

This aircraft had starred the 80s in many spots of the Air Force

"Will you write in big letters!

I get high! "

Sialmas Nicholas was born in 1965 in Thermo Aitoloakarnanias, a town that has traditionally turns to aviators and generally staff our Air Force ...

He entered the Air Force Academy in 1984 and graduated in 1988 with the rank of Second Lieutenant. Chosen to become a guard of the Aegean flying with fighter mirage F-1 (334 Squadron). A fighter who had the reputation that he had not lost a dogfight over the Aegean ...

As a rider on an iron horse streaking everyday Greek skies until the fate

played the game of ...

It was June 18, 1992. Time 9:17 ...

He was on a mission intercept Turkish aircraft had passed in our national airspace. This recognition resulted in a dogfight. The Turkish pilot Operator technological superiority of the aircraft (F-16) against the Greek failed to find an advantage.

But the maneuvers of saliva was so difficult and unpredictable that only a very experienced pilot may be-

Rouse to the trap by means of upper F-16. The maneuvers NS became increasingly Fri-

ratolmoi reminding the round of death than flight airplane.

The N.Sialmas was not willing to surrender the "tail" of anyone.

The last option to abandon the effort the Turk was to fly so low that the

enemy would not have imagined even in his dreams. In a few words he would try to make the sea

become the nightmare of the Turkish pilot.

But ... what could not be accomplished by the Turk did the technology. The F-1 came to a loss

support in combination with the low flying height (a few feet) he left room ...

So .... the Aegean opened his arms and hugged Hero saliva.

Turkish avoided conflict at the last minute ... Nicholas Sialmas stayed loyal to his country and his ideals until the end ... Showed in practice the selfless heroism. Gave shape to the saying of the ancient Spartans: Or when or for growth ...

As well as the national motto of the Revolution of 1821:

Liberty or Death ...

The Sialmas fell defending Thermopylae.

It was only one of the operators of our warfare Aviation fell during interceptor

Aegean or during preparation for them ... One of those who offered the highest sacrifice at home.

Their own lives.

Their very lives for what the politicians and the public sees and acquired data. Crashed in the sea area of ​​Ai Stratis island.

The island has erected a monument in his honor.

Not to forget that nothing is a given and acquis ....

The continuous and incessant vigilance is the price of freedom and that is the price of being

free ... should be watered every bit the mantle of liberty with blood ...

"... I remember that from a kid told me:" Will you write in big letters! I get high! "

But we could not understand what he meant. We believed that saying because it entered the Air Force Academy. How to figure out what he wanted to say it, talking about those big letters ... "

Father N. sialic

SOURCES

FLIGHT MAGAZINE

drflight.blogspot

Enema

emioannina.gr

The IKAROS Magazine

Edited by [FRL]Myke
Putting quote in spoiler

@derdoe

i've put the quote in spoilers because the text is quite long. No offence, just thought the thread will remain better readable this way.

edit: what about editing the script slightly so it runs through a dictionary file? I'd be willing to use my computing power for it ^_^

I don't think we are supposed to find the login by brutal force. Also the ARG site seems to be hosted on a business site, a DDOS attack by a dictionary file might be unwelcome. Any advice from the MODs if the server can handle the load by dictionary attack?

Translation of the memorial homepage:

It's not a memorial homepage, main part is from an article in magazine "ΠΤΗΣΗ" (PTISI or Flight) July 1992. It has been going around the Greek blogosphere for years, each blog copying the previous, sometimes adding some parts and doing some cosmetic changes.

I don't think we are supposed to find the login by brutal force. Also the ARG site seems to be hosted on a business site, a DDOS attack by a dictionary file might be unwelcome. Any advice from the MODs if the server can handle the load by dictionary attack?

It's not a memorial homepage, main part is from an article in magazine "ΠΤΗΣΗ" (PTISI or Flight) July 1992. It has been going around the Greek blogosphere for years, each blog copying the previous, sometimes adding some parts and doing some cosmetic changes.

Thanks for clearing that up, i thought its a memorial site for the pilot that crashed/got killed in that incident.

Back to the gamespy listing: it uses the IP address 82.173.160.150, which takes you to: http://82.173.160.150/login

http://puu.sh/27P3O

In the page title is "SahraniRadio - Airtime" - Sahrani radio was operated by Jerry Hopper, was it not?

Linkedin profile for Jerry Hopper.

Not sure if this has any relevant information - and judging from the picture I believe it could be a troll.

Posting it at any rate in case someone else can find something there that I can not.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29988595&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=m3-4&locale=en_US&srchid=eb04d502-cf8f-43d3-bf9a-48a8cd216b94-0&srchindex=2&srchtotal=16&goback=%2Efps_PBCK_*1_Jerry_Hopper_*1_*1_*1_*1_*2_*1_Y_*1_*1_*1_false_1_R_*1_*51_*1_*51_true_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&pvs=ps&trk=pp_profile_name_link

Edit:

He is also now listed as working for Embassy Freight Services, the domain name holder of rv4a3.org.

The domain information for the website(rv4a3.org) got updated just now according to the whois.

I'm not sure what has changed since I did not save a copy from earlier - but at least there are phone numbers and emails to the "admin", Marco.

http://who.is/whois/rv4a3.org

Registrant Contact Information:

Name: de Groot Marco

Organization: Embassy Freight Rotterdam Beheer BV

Address 1: George Stephensonweg 25

City: Vlaardingen

Zip: 3133KJ

Phone: +31.105933333

Fax: +31.105933330

Email: @embassyfreight.nl

Administrative Contact Information:

Technical Contact Information:

Information Updated: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:42:31 UTC

Edited by Nixxen

Some things i think might help to solve this:

- we expect to find out the release date of ArmA3

- unknown importance of the phone numbers and the Molon Labe/Molon Lave term

- password might be joshua (War Games reference)

- melteme reference: apparently spelled Meltemi and leads to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meltemi which refers to the other term Etesian

- melteme strong north winds happening from Mid-May to Mid September (which is a first clue to the release date)

Information about the Taverna linked in the first post:

Star Tavern, Tavern

Address Country, Agios Efstratios

Lesvos

Coordinates 39.540099 24.988142

Contact phone 2254093269.6947050153

Internet

Hours Open year round.

hours order

Min. charge

characteristically

keywords

Veranta

Additional Information:

Owner Athanasios foolish. Has mostly seafood and meats (even round).

Edited by derdoe