Sign in to follow this  
J.ONeill

Trouble With Attack Helicopters (AH-1Z, AH-64D and Mi-24D)

I frequent one or two servers, one is Vanilla which is where most of my time is spent. No mods are used and I make sure I have no mods activated (I remove mods from the ARMA II directory when not in use too). At times, which seems entirely random, I encounter one of two problems that I cannot replicate purposefully.

The server is a Domination server based in Takistan and I use a copy of Combined Operations purchased from Gamefly fully updated along with the latest Beta Patch as of this posting.

The first problem is that any weapons that lock onto a target (Sidewinder, Hellfire) will target an enemy vehicle, but refuses to lock, firing directly ahead. I know it's not a "No Gunner" problem as most of the time I do not have a gunner and it works fine, and since I pilot regularly, I know what I'm doing. I haven't been able to find anything specific via searches on this matter nor do I know what causes it.

The second problem is that the choppers tend to "lose" their armaments. For example, the AH-64D loses it's Hellfires and the only ones that can be cycled through is the Hydras and the M124. The Hellfires don't appear at all. For the AH-1Z, I lose access to the Sidewinders and Hellfires, allowing me to choose only M124 and Hydras.

The same happens with the Mi-24D, but I've forgotten what it's weapon names are since it's a rarity to fly.

This can happen from the moment I join the server, and sometimes it happens after I've been in it for a while, seemingly at random.

Edited by ONeill