Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

New ArmA 3 ARG started?

this ARG will probably lead us to either the alpha or the ArmA 3 release date

Didn't they say they will publish more news about the release date in February when they published Limnos Island name changing?

yeah, as persian people are now called iranian.

I already see differents operations named "300" or "operation thermopyles" inbound...

Wonder who took down the FTP server they used to upload the Alpha testers.

Er...

Didn't the Ion site itself have fake positions, all of them hinting at character names in the game? Maybe those are viable usernames.

You could always try logging in as Reynolds, though the passwords beyond me. Stranger, maybe?

yeah, as persian people are now called iranian.

I already see differents operations named "300" or "operation thermopyles" inbound...

Actually, Persia was only named beyond Iran itself, I mean whoever wasn't "Persian" called it Persia, but who ever lived in "Persia" called it Iran, because on the tribe called Arynians (Not the Hail Hitler) settled there.

Er...

Didn't the Ion site itself have fake positions, all of them hinting at character names in the game? Maybe those are viable usernames.

You could always try logging in as Reynolds, though the passwords beyond me. Stranger, maybe?

What about Poet? lol

For the password, try the Job ID string for the relevant user name or player name that matches the Job Title (Contractor Name).

http://i.imgur.com/pCZZJvF.png

Just to prove I'm not lying (and to show how awesome I am) ;)

I've tried to look at jerry's twitter and try something like "limnostimes", "altistimes", "Limnos Times" and a lot of other things. Didn't work.

"TERMINAL M26α". From Wikipedia: Alpha (uppercase Α, lowercase α; Greek: Άλφα Ãlpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1.

Found this in the source:

var _gaq = _gaq || [];

_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-38769010-1']);

_gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'node-42.rv4a3.org']);

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

Could "UA-38769010-1" mean something?

Ion-Inc are the PMC company introduced in Arma 2's PMC DLC. They have their own site: http://www.ion-inc.com/ and the "client" tab requires login info. It's generally known that the villain from the DLC is the username and his nickname is the password. It's probable that nothing on the old Ion-Inc website is relevant.

After logging in, it says "Keep searching...".

In the source code:

Keep searching...<!-- STRanger things have happened..-->

I dont know if this info is relevant.

*[FRL]Myke

So now you got some secrets to tell him? :P

Nope, no secrets, nothing directly related to this ARG, don't worry. Trust me. :D

:EDITH:

@JakeB

awaiting answer

Edited by [FRL]Myke

please stop posting for the sake of posting. some of us are actually trying to get this done. Look at Jake's post, that's a proper way to list some possible leads and thoughts...