Sign in to follow this  
robotriot

Crash in Campaign with 1.05 Beta

I just completed the Nemesis mission with 1.05 Beta and got a crash right at the end of the mission. The screen gradually turned white from the corners, and I couldn't do anything anymore in the game. Whenever I try to to continue the campaign from the main menu, the game start load and then generates the following error message in the background: crash.png

What can I do?

Load the game from a previous save point and see if it happens again. These crashes happen from time to time, it might not be anything to do with the beta patch.

I just tried it again, it keeps happening. I noticed that I can free fly around and there seems to be a problem with the cutscene. I can fly into a room below that has some characters standing around in broken poses. This is the contents of my error.log

Log c:\users\robotriot\documents\carriercommand\error.log started at 24.02. 15:12:53

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

!!! Bad record in ccsettings.xml. Unknown action "jump"

Failed to open object gui/strategic/demo_missing1.xob

!!! PreloadInfo Object failed: "gui/strategic/demo_missing1.xob"

SerializeInputAdapter::ReadReference - Not created object. Type 'INST', Class 'SlotBuilding'

SerializeInputAdapter::ReadReference - Not created object. Type 'INST', Class 'SlotBuilding'

Entity 'SlotBuilding' has no physics geometry for object ''

Not enough parameters in entity 'ctsc_chapII_AuroraBack', script 'OnStart', line 52

Not enough parameters in entity 'ctsc_chapII_AuroraCaptured', script 'OnStart', line 44

Not enough parameters in entity 'ctsc_chapII_FulcrumOutroB', script 'OnStart', line 42

Not enough parameters in entity 'ctsc_chapI_OutpostShinMeeting', script 'OnStart', line 26

Cannot load game scripts for worlds/Int_ControlRoom_repaired.ent

==== Resource leaks ====

obj/structures/outposts/component_door_d.xob 1

obj/structures/outposts/component_loophole1_d.xob 1

obj/misc/debris/hole01_small.xob 7

obj/structures/outposts/component_aa_d.xob 4

obj/structures/addons/box02_pile_d.xob 1

Edited by robotriot

I would try re-installing in case something is corrupted. I haven't played the campaign lately, so can't say if it's a game problem.

I re-installed and installed 1.04 again, now it seems to work. Although I've encountered various other bugs that kind of take the fun out the game, like Walrusses swimming in reverse and upside down :( What a pity, the game was very promising.

the game was very promising.

This implies that just because some new bugs have cropped up they don't intend to fix them and the game is now worthless. The game has always been promising, and they get closer to polishing it off with every update. But the latest patch is a beta, and should be treated as such until the next patch.

Now that you've done a clean install, try patching again and see if it works now.

I get a similar problem after the Fulcrum mission. Reloading etc doesn't get around it, happens every time. Posted an entry on the bug tracker.

I have the same problem and the same robotriot's error message

The game crash when loading a new map in the campaign ...

I did not have this problem prior to V1.05

I just completed the Nemesis mission with 1.05 Beta and got a crash right at the end of the mission. The screen gradually turned white from the corners, and I couldn't do anything anymore in the game. Whenever I try to to continue the campaign from the main menu, the game start load and then generates the following error message in the background: http://www.elitepigs.de/trash/crash.png

What can I do?

Hi,

could you post some save from the moment before this crash happend to our bug tracker please ?

http://www.carriercommand.com/feedback/

Hi,

I would like say to everybody here that this issue is already fixed. It will be in the next update.

Thanks robotriot for posting saves.

Hi,

I would like say to everybody here that this issue is already fixed. It will be in the next update.

Thanks robotriot for posting saves.

Cool, thanks