Sign in to follow this  
ZeroG

ZGM Visitor Objects - comprehensive template library and toolset

Fellow terrain-editors,

as I was annoyed about the huge (unnecessary) effort you have before you can start placing objects, I decided to create a comprehensive and interoperable template library which will make terrain editing a lot easier. This library contains of 2232 templates from A2, OA and PMC, so it is usable without any other addon (though compatible with them)...

I call this library comprehensive because you can use Visitor 3, ARMA 2 In-Game 3D Editor, Shezan74’s World Tools and Homer Johnston’s Road Painter 2 with it without age long configuration feeding and inconvenient conversion between the (btw very very good) community tools. It is a kind of interface between all these tools. Once you have installed the library and understood the necessary conversion processes, you will be able to speed up terrain editing and enjoy your creativity with far less frustration…well, that’s at least what I had in mind when I began 3 weeks ago…

So, what is in it?

1. A sorted and categorized Visitor 3 object library with 2332 default objects in it

2. A template-corresponding World Tools object library with pictures of almost every object

3. A template-corresponding A2 2D/3D-Ingame-Editor addon

4. Conversion tools to make Visitor 3, In-Game 3D Editor, World Tools and Road Painter 2 interoperable without lots of effort on retyping configs

Usage is being explained on a 7-page pdf file in the package...

ZGM Visitor Objects library v2

?di=413616596048

?di=613616596798

?di=313616596804

?di=16136165968012

Edited by ZeroG
Bugfix

I think this will become another tool many of us will learn very quickly that we could never live without again. Great work Zero, and thank you!

(sound of applause)

D

@FoxH: Thanks!

@Daring: Yeah, finally I myself can start with my map that should have been finished years ago :o

I did some bugfixing on the biedi2csv (3D Editor to Visitor Export) script this morning and found a way to get rid of submerged objects or "bad data format"-messages (hopefully). I updated the package and created a new file link. If you don't want to download it again completely, here is the script only:

ZGM_VisO_biedi2csv.ps1 v2

Can't understand, how to import all templates from ZGM_VisO_VisitorTemplates.txt to fresh empty PEW.

My batch -

P:\ZGM\depew -I -Y ZGM_VisO_VisitorTemplates.txt test.pew

pause

Result is -

f2cd23c6.jpg

Well, I might have been unspecific at that point. I think you cannot build a new *.pew from scratch with DePew (Maybe CreatePewObjects can?). That might be the case because you only export/import templates/objects with the tool and not the rest of the file...

However, you can easily rename my example file or create a new bulk one with Visitor and fill it up with the altered templates - which will achieve what you want?

My way was always this:

1. Depew -ET test.pew test.txt

2. Modify test.txt with Notepad++

3. Change line 19 "class ObjectTemplate" to "class ObjectTemplates"

4. Depew -ET test.pew test.txt

5. Enjoy the altered templates

Edited by ZeroG

Thanks for sharing!

I went a head and made a visitor template with all arma1 objects organized roughly according to your guidelines (may need a few tweaks here and there).

The template is available here. It was generated using the following python script.

Cheers!