Sign in to follow this  
MichaelZFreeman

Praise for Carrier Command

This game caught my eye a few months ago but I only managed to play the demo yesterday. I was impressed by the game play and immediately bought it on Steam. The intro movie hits all the right notes for me. Especially the use of rarely heard accents in the English voice acting which has a great European / UK Northern feel to it. Congratulations to Bohemia for having the courage to not go with the usual voice acting style !

Judging by the demo Bohemia have given us a strategy/tactics focused game which also has the knock about fun of games such as Battlefield 2142. In fact that's what it immediately reminded me of (never having played the original Carrier Command). The island hopping strategy and use of carriers is something I've been interested in implementing in ArmA Warfare. I think the Hell in the Pacific mods has made a island hopping mission but I've not checked their latest release yet. So it's gonna be interesting seeing how you Bohemia developers have done this kind of thing in Carrier Command :yay:.

I'll post here with my full review when I've played some of the full game.