Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Poll: Will you buy Arma III?

Will you buy Arma III?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Arma III?

• YES
    • NO

I do not make me force to install software that spies my habits!

This also applies to U-Play and Origin!

Even if I can not buy a game more!

I do not make me force to install software that spies my habits!

This also applies to U-Play and Origin!

Make sure to disable Xfire (records gaming habits), Gmail (analyses your profile and interests), website tracking cookies (follow you on the net for advertisements), etc as well. Most software "spy" on habits and track your usage.

Make sure to disable Xfire (records gaming habits), Gmail (analyses your profile and interests), website tracking cookies (follow you on the net for advertisements), etc as well. Most software "spy" on habits and track your usage.

lmfao, hes talkling about spies, and uses xfire.

No problems with updating - nearly all of my freinds, did buy arma 2 off steam, nobody has updates problems, why should they, steam has now even beta patches applied as extra application, so no, no issues at all here.

There were mods problems handling, since it's armas fault, that runing a mod for a newcomer, can be a pain. But does it had anything to do with steam? Don't think so.

Duno what u mean by last question.

I've read many posts about issues with updating and mod handling which is why i wanna see how things works out before buying. If things function properly i will buy, if not i'll wait and see if issues gets fixed.

My last Q means that if kills/bullets fired/weapons used etc. etc. etc. is being tracked by steam i'm out(think i read steam had option for that).

Will buy it Day 1. I don't have any problems with current Steam games/services I already have. Not to mention all these years of waiting for ArmA III.

And surely BIS knows how important modding and community are to ArmA, so I would expect them to keep supporting them regardless of Steam. Better not to rush it, but taking "forever" isn't good either.

I've read many posts about issues with updating and mod handling which is why i wanna see how things works out before buying. If things function properly i will buy, if not i'll wait and see if issues gets fixed.

My last Q means that if kills/bullets fired/weapons used etc. etc. etc. is being tracked by steam i'm out(think i read steam had option for that).

I began to play Arma 2 last year (I'm a kind of noob), and never had an issue with mod handling and updating in my Steam installation, neither problems with betas...

Edited by Down8

Mod handling for ArmA2 is the same as any other distribution as they are the exact same binaries. Updating was a bit awful in the start but now it's better, worst case scenario I encountered was when they last updated Velvet Assassin. Steam erased it from everyone's disk and it took 1-2 days to fix this.

I will buy Arma3 when it becomes available from other distributors where I can get a dvd or a digital copy.

As said in the original article posted on Armaholic about Arma3 being exclusively on steam this I quote:

Contrary what some people seem to believe this does not mean you can not buy a physical copy of the game, that will of course

still be possible (but will depend on your region) or other digital distributions.

So that being said/quoted, i will wait and see what become possible.

I'd prefer to have dvd, or digital as i dont like the idea of having to run something in order to play game.

This idea makes me weary to think down the road I hope the hell not that BIS decides to do something like what was done with Diablo3 (no I did not buy it)

where the game was like on a network or something, and the only way to play was you had to connect to it, if it was down, no game for you,

so then in that context do you really own the game then?

I'm doubting very much BIS would go that route after all these years, and I know it may seem farfetched or what you will but again,

I just prefer to have my Arma games on its own, and not connected with any program.

If it becomes where there is no possibility of having a dvd, or digital version then i will get a steam version, and I'm not new to steam, but til then i wait.

I will buy Arma3 when it becomes available from other distributors where I can get a dvd or a digital copy.

As said in the original article posted on Armaholic about Arma3 being exclusively on steam this I quote:

So that being said/quoted, i will wait and see what become possible.

I'd prefer to have dvd, or digital as i dont like the idea of having to run something in order to play game.

This idea makes me weary to think down the road I hope the hell not that BIS decides to do something like what was done with Diablo3 (no I did not buy it)

where the game was like on a network or something, and the only way to play was you had to connect to it, if it was down, no game for you,

so then in that context do you really own the game then?

I'm doubting very much BIS would go that route after all these years, and I know it may seem farfetched or what you will but again,

I just prefer to have my Arma games on its own, and not connected with any program.

If it becomes where there is no possibility of having a dvd, or digital version then i will get a steam version, and I'm not new to steam, but til then i wait.

The dev-blog explains that they decided to use at least part of the steam platform for the game. So it doesn't matter where you buy it or in what form, you will always have to run the steam client. Unless they decide to change something (doubtful) there is no need to wait for a steam-less version.

You still would need to run steam to play the game.

I hope the hell not that BIS decides to do something like what was done with Diablo3 (no I did not buy it)

where the game was like on a network or something, and the only way to play was you had to connect to it, if it was down, no game for you

If the steam network goes down for some reason, it means no multiplayer for people. since steam needs to be online for the multiplayer to work.

altho you will be able to play for 30 days offline (single player) after you activated your key online.

Edited by nuxil

Yes, i will. I dont know if Steam will cause me troubles, but that day that sorrow.

If the steam network goes down for some reason, it means no multiplayer for people. since steam needs to be online for the multiplayer to work.

altho you will be able to play for 30 days offline (single player) after you activated your key online.

Does this mean for example that we would only be required to activate ARMA3 on the Steamworks website once every 30 days, then could proceed to play the game without any interference from Steam for 29 day intervals?

I voted yes, whilst I will of course receive a complimentary copy I personally like Steam quite a lot and would certainly buy games on it rather than other available medium if the prices were compatible, or in a similar case where Steam was the only publisher.

Does this mean for example that we would only be required to activate ARMA3 on the Steamworks website once every 30 days, then could proceed to play the game without any interference from Steam for 29 day intervals?

Only in offline mode SP. Dont know about LAN yet. MP needs Steam connection.

As a avid fan of the series playing since 2001 i will definatly buy it.

If you refuse to buy their title for their decision to go Steam exclusive, then you are not a true fan of the series.

Only in offline mode SP. Dont know about LAN yet. MP needs Steam connection.

OK so just to verify, if I play strictly SP there will be absolutely no communication between my PC and Steamworks except for once every 30 days when I reactivate my key?

OK so just to verify, if I play strictly SP there will be absolutely no communication between my PC and Steamworks except for once every 30 days when I reactivate my key?

Probably, so Steam won't be able to read your mind.

We should be able to see who voted... :j:

I'm sad to see so many dropping arma 3. It won't be the same without you guys.

But the poll isn't complete.

At least needs options for:

I don't like steam but will suffer in order to play arma 3

and

I haven't decided, want more details on the effects of steam

I will buy, but i hate steam.

I would also be interested in seeing who voted what as well.

Edited by -Coulum-

Of course I will buy it. I would, even if I hated steam.

Probably, so Steam won't be able to read your mind.

I ride a dirtbike for a living, I travel interstate each week and often don't have internet access...