Sign in to follow this  
Savant1974

1.05 feedback

Huge improvement in gameplay for the strategy game! The enemy carrier actually goes for the weak points in my network, and I just had it chase me from one island to the next when I tried to take one of it's own in a thrilling chase scene where I had to fend off it's aircraft with my single flak gun. The reflections on the water add a lot to the visuals, and I'm just bloody impressed with the whole update. My only issue so far is that the blueprint 'drop's from islands will sometimes be duplicates of what you already have. It's a minor issue, however.

I had no idea the company was still putting this level of effort into CC:GM, it caught me completely off guard - either I missed some big announcement or BI's devs just don't communicate very well :p

Very fine work here, but could we get an update on your progress now and then, pleeeeease? :cool:

They have actually been putting out about a patch or 2 a month for pc.

But for the 360......, ya, they gave that the finger for now.

My only issue so far is that the blueprint 'drop's from islands will sometimes be duplicates of what you already have. It's a minor issue, however.

I think the duplicates might be if you receive something like gatlings and you get gatlings for mantas and gatlings for walruses, they're 2 different blueprints but it just says gatlings twice and looks like a duplicate. Probably should just say it once in this situation or add manta/walrus text to it.

... these hidden lemmings ... the keep digging in the code ... :cool:

Looks good, but what do they mean when they say you always have to find some items on enemy and neutral islands? Are they just talking about the blueprints that appear when you capture an island or is there something else. Maybe I'm missing something, but I got a blueprint for Flak Rear Right, so I produced one and sent it to the carrier and it did not get added to the carrier and did not get sent back to the stockpile, it just disappeared. Would have preferred the research stations to be hacked for the blueprints like in the campaign, but still this is good.

Well, this way IS a lot quicker ;) And I definitely received multiple blueprints of the same type, although I had hoped they were for the mantas, nothing new showed up there (it was all walrus gear).

And while they have been doing little patches, I wasn't expecting something this big :P

Had the same issue with the flak gun - got one blueprint, built it, nothing added... Maybe it only gets added if u have both left and right?

Actually - it would make more sense if u get the blueprints for one flak gun - u get all at the same time.. it really is the same gun in each spot.

I also saw neutral units on a neutral island (Fulcrum was one) that attacked my units. The anti air shot down one manta and my walruses were targeting other walruses on the island.

And I'll ask here too for the devs ... please add another mechanic for unlocking tech. The free drops are cool, but it needs something else to add to it - unlock over time, amass research points based on islands and research centres u have, put fuel towards research (since fuel seems to be the "currency" in game)... something.

Looking forward to future tweaks :-)

... these hidden lemmings ... the keep digging in the code ... :cool:

That's pretty cool! While you're down there, see if you can find some terrain morphing island code so the island topography and appropriate defenses vary with each new strategy game. :)

Not to sound disrespectful or anything - but were hostile units on Neutral islands a bug that was removed several patches ago?

Looking at some of the AI behaviours - enemy island Mantas specifically - it looks like the AI has actually taken a step backward.

We still cannot control friendly island units - which is something I really miss from beta days.

Still - there has been progress - and I am really glad to see this happen! Keep it up BI - we'll get there!

I can report with version 1.04 my Walrus was attacked on a neutral island that had two turrent guns (the little ones on top of a wall opening) near a beach. If I run into it with 1.05 I will report it.

It does happen on 1.05, as I believe it always has. I've never considered it to be a bug, it just adds some challenge instead of giving you freebie islands.

It does happen on 1.05, as I believe it always has. I've never considered it to be a bug, it just adds some challenge instead of giving you freebie islands.

It does add a challenge :-)

I only mentioned it because it is really the first time i ever encountered that. Maybe i've just been lucky or it only happens on a few select islands.

Either way - it is a minor issue.

The issue with the deck guns needs to be treated top priority. I have now got guns on all 4 corners of my carrier and some of them seem to be automatically defending as they should, but still no way of taking manual control of any guns. I think the speed of being issued blueprints also needs to be doubled. At this rate, I will be almost finished a strategy game before I'm fully functional.

I had the same problem when I acquired one deck gun, I think it's if you don't have a main offence gun you can't control the defence guns.

I don't mind the current speed or method in acquiring the blueprints and I like the random nature, it forces you to work with weapons you might otherwise ignore. Some games you might have to play without your favourite weapons for a long time and other games you might get your favourite weapons early but I like that it mixes things up like this. If you could research whatever you want you would probably just research your favourite weapons in a typical order from game to game, essentially it would just be a convoluted way of extending the production times. What might be interesting is if there was a way to reveal locations of blueprints so it would introduce another strategy factor to consider when choosing an island to attack. Maybe capturing an island or hacking a particular building on an enemy island could sometimes reveal a particular blueprint location on another island or maybe have an option to show all blueprint locations from the start.

I agree the random nature is great - but i also think there should be a way to make it faster. They don't have to allow us to choose a tech path - as you said that would have us always building the same tech every game - but maybe just allow us to affect the speed that we get the next tech random drop

They could:

1) As you suggest - capturing an island/hacking a building could give us intel on tech at other islands (maybe just the adjoining/linked ones - and of course its' randomised every game)

2) Capture an island with a research centre - Allow us to choose from a short list of two to three random techs.

3) Generate "tech points" over time to simulate our stockpile island doing research. This doesnt have to be quick - it could take awhile - but at least we would have another avenue to get a random tech drop. The rate of getting these tech points would be standard but can be varied maybe based on the amount of islands we have that has research centres on it. When we get a certain amount, we unlock a random tech and the counter starts over. This would give another level of importance to islands - those with research labs on them would be valuable in our teching up.

Just some ideas :-)

I'm wondering if the code that manages the building of items is somehow tied in to how it gets released (researched). You can only build one "corner" deck gun at a time so maybe the code can only release one "corner" version of the deck gun at a time. From the human perspective we think they are all the same type of gun but the code needs to make the distinction. Just a guess.

Yes each deck gun has an individual blueprint but it could be changed to group and release all 4 quad blueprints together and all 4 flak together. That would also reduce the number of blueprints by 6 and maybe help speed up acquisition of the other blueprints a bit.

I had the same problem when I acquired one deck gun, I think it's if you don't have a main offence gun you can't control the defence guns.

You are right. I added the shell and the deck guns got unlocked. A couple of the guns are still not helping with defending though. Have you spotted the routines for gun control in the scripts anywhere?

Hi,

thanks for all your feedbacks.

We already managed to fix - turrets on neutral Fulcrum island, crash in campaign mode after several cutscenes, better displaying blueprints which are same for walruses and mantas and issue about carrier weapons. It will be in the next update.

And also we are working with some of your suggestions and comments generally.

Thanks to all.

Brilliant, looking forward to the next patch.

Have you spotted the routines for gun control in the scripts anywhere?

I haven't - there is turret.h but I don't know if that's for all turrets including carriers or maybe just island turrets. I've noticed the enemy carrier sometimes sitting close and his defence guns not firing at me either, not sure if it's the same problem or an ai or ammo thing.

Hi,

thanks for all your feedbacks.

We already managed to fix - turrets on neutral Fulcrum island, crash in campaign mode after several cutscenes, better displaying blueprints which are same for walruses and mantas and issue about carrier weapons. It will be in the next update.

And also we are working with some of your suggestions and comments generally.

Thanks to all.

Good to hear - I just lost a walrus on Fulcrum! LOL. Thanks for the continued support!

Sorry I put this post on another site (I'm new)

I have a problem with the beta 5 of Carrier Command Gaea Mission.

Crahs after mission outpost.

I want to thank you for staying with the game's development.

thanks

thanks

thanks

E.cueto

Edited by escueto

Bug: When an island has been captured, a "New objective" line is appearing in the ship message log.