Sign in to follow this  
lj88cz

Move on command

Hi, I want to ask if it is possible to set a place to go for a soldier (or any other unit), but he moves there only on my later command. I mean it when playing, not in editor. And I also mean it for team leading rather then for high command.

Example: I say soldier A to move to place A, but I want him to wait for my command to go there. Now I say soldier B to go to place B also waiting for my command. Now I can instruct other soldiers. When I planned it all now I want them to reposition to their set positions on my command so they start going there (everybody to different positions) at the same time.

Standard procedure would be: I say soldier A to go to place A and he goes there. Next I say soldier B to move to place B. The disadvantage could be that soldier A gives away our presence before I could instruct other soldiers to reposition or cover and thus cause a fail of the plan.

I hope the description is understandable. Thank you LJ

set stealth and hold fire, he wont blow up your cover. At night time you can even get really close to the enemy this way.

Well, stealth is not the problem. I am rather interested in the movement commanding, because it would offer great tactical planning.

You came up with the solution. Move soldier A then after he arrives move soldier B.

If soldier A blows your cover it means you moved him to the wrong place. Learn and do it better next time.

Forget about blowing up cover. The movement I described was all about great tactical possibilities, not only about being discovered. Anyway I think that Arma doesn't offer this type of commanding. Thanks anyway