Sign in to follow this  
mons00n

A comprehensive guide to creating a headless client compatible mission

Hi everyone,

I've been hard at work retrofitting my upcoming mission to be headless client (HC) compatible but I had a difficult time finding all of the information I needed in one place. To that end, I decided to write up this guide that walks you through the creation of a simple non-HC & HC compatible mission. It covers spawning units on the HC, transferring units to the HC after mission launch, and how to handle activated/deactivated DAC zones. It also details launching the HC, and server configurations. Hopefully this will be of some use to all of the aspiring mission makers out there!

PDF instructions

Example Mission & Instructions

-Monsoon

This is very helpful, thank you. :)

Managed to get a mission going today with Dedi Server, HC and connected with same installation on same machine.

Got the warning "Illegal copies may degrade" but have had that before sometimes playing DayZ and joining other servers. Bullets seem to be going where they're aimed, so doesn't seem to have tripped FADE.

AI seem to be a lot snappier and generally the game is better to play. Core usage (i7 920 @3.8Ghz) was about 80% and it collectively used about 5Gb of RAM.

Will link this into the topic in beta thread.

Thank you very much for this guide. Especially for working hc with dac. :yay:

Thx & Greetings

Yes thanks for this guide.. managed to get HC working with DAC last night not too complicated if you are already used to DAC :p

Does anyone know for running multiple server instances on the same box with only one IP address - can I use : port appended to the end of the IP address in config so that HC knows which server: port to connect to?

Managed to get a mission going today with Dedi Server, HC and connected with same installation on same machine.

How did you do that?off line?

I've understood everything so far but I have problems with creating the DAC zones via script. It executes the script but no units get spawned. Where do I have your/Moonsoons DAC files? Do I have to unpack the DAC source.pbo and replace the files?

Edited by Trulz

I've understood everything so far but I have problems with creating the DAC zones via script. It executes the script but no units get spawned. Where do I have your/Moonsoons DAC files? Do I have to unpack the DAC source.pbo and replace the files?

I've done it with the script version of DAC but have not tried it with the addon version (or embedded ACE one). If you are using the addon version you will need a dac folder in your mission root with all the configs and config_creator.