Sign in to follow this  
Tontow

Can I find items on friendy islands?

In the new patch we have:

- In the strategy game, player now has to always "find" some items on enemy or neutral islands (carrier weapons, Hammerhead, Torpedo, Howitzer, Walrus Missiles)

What I want to know is: Is it possable to find the item(s) after you have taken the island?

I think no matter what tech level you start with those items will always have to be found, so they are never available to produce at the start of the game. So you'll need to capture neutral/enemy islands to find those items no matter what tech level you start at.

I could be wrong here, but I believe he's actually asking if you find blueprints like you do in the campaign mode - by going to the research centre; and if so, can he use the research centre to gain a blueprint once he has taken the command centre.

Having not played the game since the latest patch, i personally cannot answer this. However, I would say that if you do indeed advance your tech by visiting the research centre, my guess is you can do this when you've converted it to a friendly island, just like you can in the campaign.

I could be wrong here, but I believe he's actually asking if you find blueprints like you do in the campaign mode - by going to the research centre; and if so, can he use the research centre to gain a blueprint once he has taken the command centre.

Having not played the game since the latest patch, i personally cannot answer this. However, I would say that if you do indeed advance your tech by visiting the research centre, my guess is you can do this when you've converted it to a friendly island, just like you can in the campaign.

Yes that.

I have not played the patch eather. Actually I dont feel much like playing until we can add more islands into it (but that wont be until the sdk is finished).

As far as I know the blueprints are only received when you capture islands, I don't think you get them from hacking buildings. So as you can't capture a friendly island you can't get blueprints from it. I think it should be possible to change it via the scripts so you get blueprints from hacking the buildings but I'm not sure, I haven't looked too much into it.

Currently in 1.05 strategic game, you get a new blue print right after you capture an enemy. For neutral islands you will receive the blueprint when the command center is build and island turns into your control. You don't have to be on the neutral island to receive the blueprint. Also there is no need to hack anything get new blueprints.