Sign in to follow this  
rekrul

BI games for PS4?

I was watching Sony's PS4 announcement and BIS' logo was there as one of the supporters, so perhaps we can expect a console release?

I hope not. But it may in fact be because of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, which is a multi-platform game. They could be considering going nextgen console for a sequel. Either way, I doubt it's for ArmA3

I was watching Sony's PS4 announcement and BIS' logo was there as one of the supporters, so perhaps we can expect a console release?

1. PS has hardly 15% of controls that ArmA needs

2. PC exclusive

So, NO!

Whether it's Arma III or not, good for BIS for branching out. They've been becoming a bigger name in the gaming industry during the past year or two.

Where is metalcraze!? Wanna read his analysis on this. bwahaha.png

Metalcraze, the crazed one.

Seriously, promoting to console loonies, oh noes.

FPDR

I'm guessing the PS4 will have the specs of an old laptop. NO WAY it can handle A3.

FPDR

I'm guessing the PS4 will have the specs of an old laptop. NO WAY it can handle A3.

The HW was neither crap nor mindblowing but it shouldn't have any problems running A3. The good thing about consoles is that you have a unified HW platform you can optimize for, unlike the unlimited PC combos. But I'm guessing controls is the biggest hurdle, like resistance-rat said. Then again the new controller has a touchpad so who knows.

The good thing about consoles is the shit load of money you can make off 14 year olds.

Even though I may ruin the hopes of some people...

This PC-exclusive video game, which is set in 2035...

Source

Even though I may ruin the hopes of some people...

Source

OMG that must mean Arma4 for PS4 then! It's official! :p

Seriously though, that answered that. Too soon for DayZ I'm guessing, and I doubt TOH is worth it, so Carrier Command of some sort then.

FPDR

console.png

controller.png

CG is out for the x360 and Tactics in for handheld\mobile. We are talking about next gen consoles here.

(move it to offtopic?)

I personally hope that ArmA remains a PC-exclusive franchise. PC needs all the high-profile exclusives it can get, and judging by ArmA 3's graphics, it stands a good chance of becoming a high-profile exclusive.

CG is out for the x360 and Tactics in for handheld\mobile. We are talking about next gen consoles here.

(move it to offtopic?)

When Blizzard can dig up Diablo III and re-release it on ps3 and ps4, why can't BIS release CC on PS4?

"For now Arma Tactics is only slated for release on Android but Bohemia has left the door open for a release on iOS, PC, Mac and Linux later in 2013."

Maybe it will show up in the new PS-store aswell.

OFP Elite anyone? Operation Flashpoint was a PC exclusive first right? So PC first and then comes console? It seems to work out well with good ol' OFP ?

probably just DayZ as a launch title.

Rocket has said in the past he would like to make it on console (cant be bothered finding article where he said that)

AFAIK OFP Elite was developed only because CM wanted it on console. Shortly after the release CM and BI split...

ArmA on a console would seem odd, although some of the old Flashpoint games were on consoles. It could be very interesting.

I believe the remark was "if DayZ standalone sells well on PC we'll port it to console"... the odds of this occurring are presumably high enough for BI to throw its hat into the PS4 ring. :lol:

The HW was neither crap nor mindblowing but it shouldn't have any problems running A3. The good thing about consoles is that you have a unified HW platform you can optimize for, unlike the unlimited PC combos. But I'm guessing controls is the biggest hurdle, like resistance-rat said. Then again the new controller has a touchpad so who knows.
Took a look at the specs posted by Smurf -- in addition to the SIXAXIS/DualShock 3 control options (four face buttons, four shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, two "menu" buttons, one D-pad, three-axis accelerometer, three-axis gyroscope) you now also have both the touchpad (2-point) and the pad itself is a clickable button, plus a claimed "OPTIONS" button, plus a "light bar" for interaction with/controller tracking by the PlayStation 4 Eye.

Assuming that both button taps and holds are used/supported for all buttons, and that the pad somehow supports tap and hold both when "touched" and when clicked... we may have something interesting on our hands as far as controls. As for the infamous "all the buttons needed"... I wouldn't be surprised if Arma 3 needs less thanks to a UI revamp. :p

While Arma 3 for now remains PC-exclusive, we have no idea what the controls for stuff-beyond-self -- i.e. map or unit command -- look like, much less what BI will do for menus/UI in Arma 4, since so much for "controls of self" already fits onto a controller when both tap and hold are recognized... even with taps alone we already have enough for basic infantry controls. (I'm not so sure re: vehicle controls, but BF3 has already provided a model there... and we're not sure about Arma 3's vehicle realism level yet to weigh in, i.e. whether the infamous TAB targeting is gone. :p)

The good thing about consoles is the shit load of money you can make off 14 year olds.
This right here is enough reason for BI to throw in with PS4... can you IMAGINE the photos we'll get one day of Maruk and Suma swimming in pools filled with paper money? :D
ARMA: Black Ops

ARMA: BattleField

lol

i hope that don't A3 become to it.

One of my favorite Arma 3 reactions was "this is everything that BF3 should have been". :p

In retrospect, looking at the specifications, the PS4 sounds like a x86 (instead of ARM) 64-bit octo-core AMD APU with 8 GB RAM... aka something that, were those specs being listed for a PC, wouldn't bat an eye, even though that'd mean that you were trying to play Arma 3 with integrated graphics. ;) As such the interesting question to me is how well Arma 3 would (both on PC and in a hypothetical console build) make use of "all" four CPU cores, much less eight...

Edited by Chortles