Sign in to follow this  
rekrul

BI games for PS4?

I personally hope ArmA 3 stays PC exclusive! Such a bespoke engine can only be fully utilized on a PC!!

Although the PS4 does look nice :D

Maybe it's about Carrier Command, or even ArmA II for PS4 then?

Ofcourse consoles can't compete. The hardware stays stagnant... :confused:

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Maybe it's about Carrier Command, or even ArmA II for PS4 then?

Why not arma3? I'm not a console guy, but ofp port to the xbox, several years back was very outstanding.

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

I personally hope ArmA 3 stays PC exclusive! Such a bespoke engine can only be fully utilized on a PC!!

Although the PS4 does look nice :D

see above

article has tons of speculations , w/o knowing the precise IPC of the platform and the quality of the multithreading SDK you can't really tell how well the games behave , also this hardware ensures we get well optimized multithread games for PC and ports which actually do run and look well on PC too ...

For CAD apps and multithreading work, you can't really beat the price/performance. It is very close to the i7 3820 i also have at the office when in comes to renders and alike

Yeah but we are talking games and gaming platforms here.

Why not arma3? I'm not a console guy, but ofp port to the xbox, several years back was very outstanding.

Wasn't it butchered to hell and back?

I'm asking because when I checked control layouts I haven't seen things like AI commands that are on 0-9 on PC for example

Plus the complexity of ArmA2 is already eons ahead of OFP. In OFP you didn't have leaning and weapon-mounted lights/IR lasers, alternative optics, GPS etc

That takes more buttons

it must have huge SSD / memory cache to keep up with the streaming video demands (the video must be stored somewhere before it's uploaded and wasting precious 8GB GDDR5 memory for it is highly unlikely)

Not if they don't want PS3's pricing fiasco. I will be surprised if PS4 will come with SSDs and won't cost 500 bucks with all the other hardware which in a console market means a stillborn console.

Edited by metalcraze

it has a mic, does it not? - why can't AI commanding and other less time sensitive commands be moved to voice control? Or even better - add proper mouse/keyboard control for consoles, why should they remain the preserve of the PC only?

it has a mic, does it not? - why can't AI commanding and other less time sensitive commands be moved to voice control? Or even better - add proper mouse/keyboard control for consoles, why should they remain the preserve of the PC only?

Most console player don't want to use M+K for gaming and check out Tom Clancy's EndWar which had voice commands. Didn't work so well.

Voice commands sucks, touchpad on Dualshock 4 is better solution for commands (special ring menu combined with toutching like mobile phone). I think, nothing is impossible, new control scheme for ArmA3 for dualshock is trully challange, but if you know Dragon´s Dogma so you must know how is complex controlling it´s have.

Edited by spoock

I just hope there won't be any exclusive-to-console games released. Fun as Arma 2 is, I want to see how much further into realism Bohemia can get without buying a PS4.

I've always thought of Arma to be more of a PC game but maybe next gen can handle Arma 3 and the more Arma there is, the better :p

Can BI confirm that they are on board just the same for MS's platform, or can they at least confirm at this time that they are not ONLY in with Sony?

I just can't see the ArmA game series being ported to any console.

I think Bohemia is bringing DayZ to the PS4.

I think the PS4 and new Xbox will be good for PC gaming. One of the major issues with pc games is the lack of real multi-core support. To tap into the power of the next gen consoles you will need to fully exploit the cores. This will translate into better CPU usage on the PC front.

Rocket's been talking with "an interested Sony" about a possible DayZ for consoles, since "Certainly I think if we don't, for want of a better word 'f**k up,' the PC release then I would say a console port is almost certain."

I hope they don't, exept of Xbox OFP Elite, so all BI products always were PC exclusive. I really hope that BI will keep itself loyal and wont go the way of quick money only...that would be the dead of our beloved and most favorite Game.

No. CC was a project doomed to fail for many reasons one of which was "never copy 80s game almost 1:1 because those concepts are too archaic"

Battlezone (a similar game to CC, which I recommend if you want FPRTS kind of gameplay) devs knew that and the game is played to this day, more than a dozen years later. The original dev even keeps patching it.

I don't want to insult someone, but consoles is suck, because

1)strategies. how play in stratigies on consoles, like "big stratigies" like Supreme Commander , or more "tactical" like Dawn of War or Man of War or Company of Heroes?

I very like this genre, and consoles can not ro carry on it.

2)The ability of controllers. The < 10 of buttons - how make the non-linar game with a lot of abilities? Of course, we can to divide the game on sub-mini-games, like in GTA, but we can't to do a lot of things in the same time in one moment.

3)the all simulatores only on PC

4)I can start to play two or more game at the same time on PC. And flood in browser in forums the same time with started A2 and minecraft, like in this time:D

5)the price. The good PC usually cost more, then PS, and XBox platform, but each game on consoles cost more, then PC game. And after 10 game on PS you spend money

like on normal computer.

At the end, the BIS studio one of the last studios, who working on PC-only projects, don't hide in limited capabilities of consoles.

We all saw, what happened with military simulators on crossplatforming on the example of Codemasters and OFP DR.

OK, BIS daveloping not only Arma series, but 1st priority must be on PC.

Rocket's been talking with "an interested Sony" about a possible DayZ for consoles, since "Certainly I think if we don't, for want of a better word 'f**k up,' the PC release then I would say a console port is almost certain."

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/04/02/dayz-on-ps4-sony-are-very-interested

Same story from Official PS magazine.

The 'funny' thing is that the picture is taken from WarZ's promo pictures. Rocket might not like this.