Sign in to follow this  
sold67

MQ-9 Guided Hellfires

I'm wondering if it is possible to make the MQ-9s hellfires guided, but without add-ons, so I don't have to run any add-ons on my server. I've looked around, but I can't find any scripts that will be able to make them guided to wherever the gunner is aiming since using the standard system isn't very effective. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help, but I forgot to mention in my first post I am not a scripter! I can do a little, enough to get me by most of the time. That script also looks like it flies in from a random location, and not from the UAV.

If you are not a scripter it will be difficult as someone will have to adapt it for you:

Possible options:

1)You can spawn a missile just below the UAV and guide it to the target

2)You can have the UAV fire a missile and the get the projectile (_this select 6) with a Fired eventHandler - then guide it to the target.

further help:

I posted a guided bomb script here which may be more helpful:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143761-A10-gun-run-script&p=2266988&viewfull=1#post2266988

Wouldn't mandos script suite work? It includes demo missions that don't require the addon.

I don't think I will be able to do it, but thanks for all the help!

In conjunction with kylania's script that was linked to above you can use attachTo to attach the game logic (where the hellfire is spawned from) to a flying UAV. It works quite well.

In conjunction with kylania's script that was linked to above you can use attachTo to attach the game logic (where the hellfire is spawned from) to a flying UAV. It works quite well.

Like I said thanks again for the help, but I am now pretty sure it is past my level of scripting which is pretty much nothing. I had a look at your mission in fact before I created this thread here, the 'reaper' one where you can use the UAV as CAS when I was trying to work out how to do this. The mission is really awesome, my favorite arma 2 mission in fact. I do have further complications in the mission I am trying to edit this in to you don't start with the UAV, but you buy it.