Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Things you wish NOT to have in the game!

I dont see any parallax simulation there?

That's because there isn't, as far as I know there's no mod with working parallax simulation for red dot or holographic optics in ArmA2.

What are you a troll, zero points for me?!

If you know something some else may not then post it without the stupid remarks.

Hey Gunther, here are some of the custom reload anims seen so far:

(notice the bolt action)

There is also one showing the new reload aim. for the M200 (SAW), but I can't find that video.

I dont see any parallax simulation there?
That's because there isn't, as far as I know there's no mod with working parallax simulation for red dot or holographic optics in ArmA2.

Maybe not, but it's as close as it can get. Way ahead of the vanilla shite we have as of now. Armed Assault seemed to have it though as seen here.

;2302060']Maybe not' date=' but it's as close as it can get. Way ahead of the vanilla shite we have as of now. Armed Assault seemed to have it though as seen here. [url']
[/url]

IIRC that made use of a bug and only worked on ati cards.

I'm not sure how ACE sights differ from vanilla, but it doesn't do the parralax sim right. The armed assault sights there do it right but I think NeMeSiS is right that it wasn't really a solid way of implementing it. Fortunately in arma 3, the decreased "jerking" while moving will help decrease the effects of the inaccurately rendered sight.

What are you a troll, zero points for me?!

If you know something some else may not then post it without the stupid remarks.

Sorry about that, I had expected that by now BI forums members would have seen at least one video with the new reload animations, and I see that maionaze has helpfully linked to video examples thereof.

No worries, i have seen probably all of the videos, but dont recall, or know which one specifically shows the reload animations if their making

note on the video that their were changed.

When i watched the videos I wasn't thinking did they change the reload animations, it only came to mind when I seen this thread, so its not

that im not informed, i just dont recall seeing anything in any of the videos that shows the change.

Referencing Chortles, tsst.

I would like to NOT have Crappy campaign; non-existent out of the box multiplayer; ai that don't use buildings; no knives included(for stealth not battlefield/call of duty knife anims) no character customizations; terrible UI/inventory system.

So this is basically now an inverted wish-list thread, right?

;)

Long time lurker, first time poster but one thing I would hate to see in A3 is 'public' statistics by default and pointless 'steam achievements'

Whilst I don't think stats will attract hordes of cheaters to A3 (briefly mentioned in another thread) simply because of how Arma is, I do think it will have an effect on how (some) people play.

The effect of BF3's battlelog is evident in the community forum, whilst the BF series had stats, BF3's facebook clone changed how they where perceived and again, that is very evident in the gameplay especially on public servers.

From the thousands of posts in this community I have read (lurking a long time) the overall tone is that of a helpful and engaging community, something which is very rare in the games arena when it comes to official communities anyway.

My 2c.

A.I: that jumps in a second unharmed from a Tank you just disabled and immediately stats to shoot back with their tiny AK72SU at 300m with pinpoint accuracy.

Long time lurker, first time poster but one thing I would hate to see in A3 is 'public' statistics by default and pointless 'steam achievements'

Whilst I don't think stats will attract hordes of cheaters to A3 (briefly mentioned in another thread) simply because of how Arma is, I do think it will have an effect on how (some) people play.

The effect of BF3's battlelog is evident in the community forum, whilst the BF series had stats, BF3's facebook clone changed how they where perceived and again, that is very evident in the gameplay especially on public servers.

From the thousands of posts in this community I have read (lurking a long time) the overall tone is that of a helpful and engaging community, something which is very rare in the games arena when it comes to official communities anyway.

My 2c.

u realize what achievements are? For example: Killed an enemy at 1km distance headshot - achievement unlocked, pr0 sniper! As long as it doesn't pop up in ur face with farting noises like in battlefield, i've nothing against it really. But 1 thing bis could do, allow do eneble/disable achievements optionally.

Things I would not like to see is half rendered trees and bushes constantly like in this pic I just saw on armaholic. It's a pic taken with high settings, yet the trees are still a half rendered green blob (left side). I Hope they will (if possible) do it at some point in an other way like it looks in other games as the current vegetation rendering system only looks great with ultra settings that hardly anyone can play. Also in other games the vegetation do not lag or drops the fps that much as with ArmA vegetation. Other then this I can't wait to get my hands on the ArmAIII alpha :)

I also hope that the MP server list will not be filled with Domination only missions again (domi is cool though), but more diversity and more large scale TVT too instead of against AI. With ArmAII up to Dayz Domination was dominating the server list plus a dozen edited versions that were played a lot. Maybe we will see a new military themed mod that uses the same persistent database as Dayz? And I mean a true military arma mod and not with zombies and stuff.

Things I would not like to see is half rendered trees and bushes constantly like in this pic I just saw on armaholic. It's a pic taken with high settings, yet the trees are still a half rendered green blob (left side). I Hope they will (if possible) do it at some point in an other way like it looks in other games as the current vegetation rendering system only looks great with ultra settings that hardly anyone can play. Also in other games the vegetation do not lag or drops the fps that much as with ArmA vegetation. Other then this I can't wait to get my hands on the ArmAIII alpha :)

I also hope that the MP server list will not be filled with Domination only missions again (domi is cool though), but more diversity and more large scale TVT too instead of against AI. With ArmAII up to Dayz Domination was dominating the server list plus a dozen edited versions that were played a lot. Maybe we will see a new military themed mod that uses the same persistent database as Dayz? And I mean a true military arma mod and not with zombies and stuff.

that pic is older. from 2012 if not 2011, i hope they did improve it, i also don't like the way it works in arma, only with enabled antialiasing, the trees are finally looking ok at a distance.

i guess with quite cheap prize + enormous interest in arma iii, will do the job, and we will have a lot of full servers with various missions.

CTI missions that rely on or permitt unlimited player respawn in OA. It's like plaing against a zombie horde.

Alternatively provide a MP character field chaplain or priest that can block the pesky undeads resurrection.

Sorry completely wrong thread !:o

Edited by ChrisB

that pic is older. from 2012 if not 2011, i hope they did improve it, i also don't like the way it works in arma, only with enabled antialiasing, the trees are finally looking ok at a distance.

i guess with quite cheap prize + enormous interest in arma iii, will do the job, and we will have a lot of full servers with various missions.

I think it's kind of a downfall as well and we will see soon... in Arma 2 without AA is terrible to look at. This is a simulation so things probably wont be perfect as far as every visual and I am at least happy the did an extreme upgrade on the lighting and it looks better than most games anyways. Grass looks great at least

Also the E3 videos from around 7 months ago had the same visuals for the trees/bushes. Doubt it will be changed much

I do NOT want to see ANY kind of achievments!

I quote metalcraze here because he brought it to the point:

You are wrong. I can ignore achievements - but will other players do the same?

It's like that stupid gnome achievement in L4D2 in the carnival campaign. Sure I didn't care about it, but the other guy was constantly carrying that gnome through levels to get that silly achievement - which meant there were only 3 instead of 4 guys working to achieve victory.

Add a simple achievement a la "kill 100 enemies" to ArmA - and the multiplayer will be utterly ruined.

If a game needs achievements to interest people - there's something really really wrong about it.

There can be no achievement for a real effort put into the game - like a real teamwork, not some "teamwork achievement - stay within 50m of teamleader even though he tells you to go scout or stay back"

Most of criticism regarding achievements seems to be based on multiplayer - I agree with all of this (and I'm not a fan of achievements in the first place) but I think singleplayer-only achievements could be Ok, or perhaps even put to good use.

Examples:

• A "completed all tutorials" achievement.
  • Achievements for completing certain single player scenarios on maximum difficulty.
  • Achievements for completing optional side missions in the single player campaign.
  • An achievement for completing the SP campaign on maximum difficulty.

I don't want to see any Steam Achievements.

That's my main gripe.

The frustratingly clunky UI from previous ArmA games, especially the inventory. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick of it.