Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Things you wish NOT to have in the game!

People who run for the choppers right after spawn, despite having no clue how to fly properly?

Dan;2301499']People who run for the choppers right after spawn' date=' despite having no clue how to fly properly?[/quote']

Thats not something anyone can control until the damage is done, the only option is to lock helicopter pilots to a license America's Army style whiiiiich many are not going to like.

Thats not something anyone can control until the damage is done, the only option is to lock helicopter pilots to a license America's Army style whiiiiich many are not going to like.
Pretty much -- the very freedom that's so fundamental to Arma in some people's eyes is what allows this to happen. :p The only way you can get 'quality control' here... is to restrict. :icon_twisted:

Third person for infantry and unrealistic ballistics.

If they added far far more realistic bullet ballistics and wind the game would improve tenfold.

If they added far far more realistic bullet ballistics and wind the game would improve tenfold.

I am interested to know how, besides wind and Coriolis effect, bullet ballistics are inaccurate? Or are you talking about terminal ballistics?

I am interested to know how, besides wind and Coriolis effect, bullet ballistics are inaccurate? Or are you talking about terminal ballistics?

if u ever played with ACE mod, you probably would know.

Terminal ballistics do leave something to be desired from my understanding damage is based on speed of the projectile and not on the energy.

To my understanding Vanilla arma 2 does not factor ballistic coefficients into the projectiles either.

so a M855 62 grain cuts through the air just as efficiently as a 175 grain M118 bullet.

Simply to say, with ACE, it's sometimes a pain in to the ass, to hit someone over 100-200 meter, cause your bullet simply gets pushed a side by the wind. Thats what vanilla lacs, thats why in dayz, some camping snipers having their luck, elsewhere they wouldn't be so lucky to shoot u in the back from such big distances.

Simply to say, with ACE, it's sometimes a pain in to the ass, to hit someone over 100-200 meter, cause your bullet simply gets pushed a side by the wind. Thats what vanilla lacs, thats why in dayz, some camping snipers having their luck, elsewhere they wouldn't be so lucky to shoot u in the back from such big distances.

Yea Dayz would benefit immensely from ACE ballistics.

Scrubby snipers would just throw down their snipers in frustration after not being able to hit targets at 500m and pick up another weapon.

However there will be those who master the realistic ballistics and snipers will be rare but feared.

Good ballistics would also make firefights more realistic. Fire fights would last longer and the engagements would be fantastic.

Yea Dayz would benefit immensely from ACE ballistics.

Scrubby snipers would just throw down their snipers in frustration after not being able to hit targets at 500m and pick up another weapon.

However there will be those who master the realistic ballistics and snipers will be rare but feared.

Good ballistics would also make firefights more realistic. Fire fights would last longer and the engagements would be fantastic.

well, actually as far i know, snipers are rare at battlefield, so it cant be nearly every a sniper.

Terminal ballistics do leave something to be desired from my understanding damage is based on speed of the projectile and not on the energy.

To my understanding Vanilla arma 2 does not factor ballistic coefficients into the projectiles either.

so a M855 62 grain cuts through the air just as efficiently as a 175 grain M118 bullet.

Thanks gibonez I never knew arma failed to do this. I agree better terminal ballistics is definitely something to be wished for in arma but what we have now is good enough I guess - you'll never be able to do wounding "right".

As for ACE, I pay with it more often than not, but I must say the wind doesn' make that much of a difference. At 100 -200 metres, as long as you target the centre of mass, you are pretty much guaranteed a hit even with wind. So I don't find it increases firefight lengths at these ranges that much. At 350 plus, where you need magnification to really aim accurately, I agree, the wind makes a difference. At 500+ (sniper ranges) it has a huge effect and I agree it would do well to include in Dayz for the reasons you guys mentioned.

Anyway sorry for the offtopic.

It does not factor suppressors properly either, just as a note. ACE does not do this right either.

It does not factor suppressors properly either, just as a note. ACE does not do this right either.

Did not know this please explain.

Did not know this please explain.

Some suppressor designs can increase the velocity of the projectile. This phenomenon is known as freebore boost.

Some suppressors therefore increase accuracy - this can be due to the change of barrel harmonics, change/calming of turbulence around bullet when leaving muzzle.

If I'm not mistaken current vanilla and ACE examples do not go by this example or ballistic behaviour (for whatever reason). I believe it actually drops velocity.

Excluding the use of subsonic ammunition (examples are for supersonic, normal ammunition in game) I believe for the better that this is a niche subtopic that's not important for ARMA 3 but interesting none the less come "realistic" happening to game world. I could be wrong and therefore corrected though.

P.S. I agree with you to some degree on wound ballistics, but ARMA values and equated to what causes damage must be low and fairly simple to work in real-time firefights, with lag or desync and the other hundreds and thousands of calculations going on per second.

Edited by Rye

Some suppressor designs can increase the velocity of the projectile. This phenomenon is known as freebore boost.

Some suppressors therefore increase accuracy - this can be due to the change of barrel harmonics, change/calming of turbulence around bullet when leaving muzzle.

If I'm not mistaken current vanilla and ACE examples do not go by this example or ballistic behaviour (for whatever reason). I believe it actually drops velocity.

Excluding the use of subsonic ammunition (examples are for supersonic, normal ammunition in game) I believe for the better that this is a niche subtopic that's not important for ARMA 3 but interesting none the less come "realistic" happening to game world. I could be wrong and therefore corrected though.

P.S. I agree with you to some degree on wound ballistics, but ARMA values and equated to what causes damage must be low and fairly simple to work in real-time firefights, with lag or desync and the other hundreds and thousands of calculations going on per second.

In fairness though, I don't believe that any game or mod that's publicly available simulates freebore boost -- that is to say, to my knowledge every "suppressor simulation" (that simulates more than mere 'quietness' or 'don't appear on radar', even if in an arcade-y fashion) in publicly available video gaming assumes a slowing down of the round, maybe to subsonic, thus assuming greater/earlier bullet drop or damage drop-off. (For example, BF3 assumes 'cold-loaded'/subsonic ammo whenever you choose to spawn with a suppressed weapon, so for gameplay purposes bullet velocity goes down, bullet drop begins at shorter distances -- BF3 admittedly uses the "straight line, then starts dropping" method instead of a parabolic trajectory -- and the rounds do maximum damage at a shorter distance/damage drop-off begins at a shorter distance.)

In this respect, therefore, ACE would be no worse than the mainstream video gaming industry... just also no better. :icon_twisted:

Only one thing that bothers me most in the game, and since Arma1 is the retarded reload animation which i thought was going to be

fixed/replaced in OA, it did look like it was tweaked and or changed, however when your using a sniper rifle the same animation is still being used.

I hope that in Arma3 that each weapon at least specific classes would have reload animations relevant to how the guns reload, so assault rifles should reload obviously

different then sniper rifles, a shotgun reloads different, and for an m203 an animation could be added for that, as currently we just have a

basic reload as if you are reloading a regular magazine.

I'm boggled why no one has created an addon or mod to fix this, since Arma1 released.

You missed the videos from E3 2012 and Gamescom 2012 of weapons having different reloading animations, zero points for you!

What are you a troll, zero points for me?!

If you know something some else may not then post it without the stupid remarks.

What are you a troll, zero points for me?!

If you know something some else may not then post it without the stupid remarks.

Think he was just harmlessly joking with you.

Although I am pretty positive it is still going to be there, I would love not to have red dots of holopoints/aimpoints/etc. look to be "drawn on the glass". Ie I want real parralax simulation.

Without it, it is really awkward/impossible to aim on the move in comparison to reality.

Although I am pretty positive it is still going to be there, I would love not to have red dots of holopoints/aimpoints/etc. look to be "drawn on the glass". Ie I want real parralax simulation.

Without it, it is really awkward/impossible to aim on the move in comparison to reality.

You mean like ACE did it?

;2302007']You mean like ACE did it?

I dont see any parallax simulation there?