Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Things you wish NOT to have in the game!

> "Im pretty sure BIS is watching this thread and going to troll us."

> "*DO ALL THESE THINGS!!* :p"

24c17TobeyMaguire2.jpg

> "Im pretty sure BIS is watching this thread and going to troll us."

> "*DO ALL THESE THINGS!!* :p"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SKI8D0h7A5I/UBH45UpE3oI/AAAAAAAAAIA/iyem4kzcAhI/s1600/24c17TobeyMaguire2.jpg

or this

evil+plan+working_b18d97_3594064.jpg

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

Ai with the intelligence of a potato.

indeed, AI can be confusing sometimes, but believe me, for a game like this, it's not all so bad (non scripted ai, on a huge map, which should fly planes, drive tanks, shoot planes from tanks, shoot tanks from planes, shoot both as infantery, hide and seek etc). With ASR_AI especially.

Automatically stand up when you're prone and you're trying to access the gear of a dead soldier, I absolutely hate and it has gotten me killed countless of times.

Stupid stuck in place because your character is still in the "Throw grenade" "Puts hands in the air accidentally because you pressed the wrong button" "switching weapons"

You should be able to move around while switching weapons, throwing grenades, raising your weapon from having it lowered otherwise you just feel restricted and don't feel like you're in control.

This kind of clunkiness needs to be removed really. My the most hated feature in Arma.

Also I don't want to see the stupid "eye simulator" anymore. It's so annoying and most of the time not realistic. For example I really hate when I'm in a forest, I zoom in on the ground and my screen goes so bright that my eyes hurt.

Tab targeting and magic missiles that deny physics

DayZ.

Yeah, that's right. You fanboys are getting your own game. so no grizzle about getting it to arma 3. I can't even google any question about arma 2 without seeing these stupid dayz questions. thanks.

I seriously don't want AI flying into trees :)

Also it would be nice to not have less efficient AI.

DayZ.

Yeah, that's right. You fanboys are getting your own game. so no grizzle about getting it to arma 3. I can't even google any question about arma 2 without seeing these stupid dayz questions. thanks.

There's nothing wrong with DayZ, only a lot of the people who play it.... But what do you expect from something so popular?

On-Topic: No more APC power-slide abilities please :)

DayZ.

Well it looks like Day Z the game will be running on the same engine or atleast use the same caracters from arma 3

There's nothing wrong with DayZ, only a lot of the people who play it.... But what do you expect from something so popular?

On-Topic: No more APC power-slide abilities please :)

Call of Duty is popular too. Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's automatically good. Take away zombies from DayZ and you take away its popularity. What I don't want is a game whose features are tailored to one specific mod (as in definitely NOT a game designed for an upcoming zombie mod). And I'm sure that won't happen given that DayZ will be standalone.

Well it looks like Day Z the game will be running on the same engine or atleast use the same caracters from arma 3

Here's hoping DayZ crowd will be happy enough with the standalone to stay there. Before DayZ I was worried Limnos will be a dull sniper-spam desert map. DayZ crowd made me rather welcome it.

(I like DayZ itself btw)

Here's hoping DayZ crowd will be happy enough with the standalone to stay there. Before DayZ I was worried Limnos will be a dull sniper-spam desert map. DayZ crowd made me rather welcome it.

(I like DayZ itself btw)

Your first error was thinking that Limnos, now Altis, is a desert "map". It has a variety of terrains... Curious, what about DayZ made you welcome Altis? I welcomed it from the start because it's Mediterranean and because it has a variety of different terrains (from dry and arid desert to forested).

I wish the underwater world was not in the game. Its just a novelty and will rarely get used i reckon. Could have put that time and energy into AI

Never experienced that. Do you have your screen resolution and 3d resolution equal to one another? Are you using the post processing effects.

hey, yeah the are same, and post-effect OFF

- The ArmA2 HDR.

- The ArmA2 weapon sway.

- A bad or poor SP campaign.

- Bad or none CQB.

- Dumb AI at my side.

- Preternatural NME AI awareness.

- Over done/Baked UV maps.

- AI that go prone then to the knee then standing over and over again each 20m.

- Unrealistic (too short) range for air weapons.

- The ArmA2 damage system for armored and aircraft vehs.

- The ArmA2 aircarft crash system.

- The ArmA2 editor (too complex and restricted for scripters but still unable to place AIs indoors or on balconys/objects without a complex script line).

- The ArmA2 character animations.

- As much weapon bugs as in the ArmA2 (that many if not most still unsolved).

- Be bleeded out with DLCs.

- CTI/RTS mode.

- Only a BLUFOR campaign instead a (long) campaign with each faction.

- Wheeled or tracked vehs that only serve as deadly trap againist light arms fire.

- AI with the pathfinding hability of Boris Yeltsin.

And many more things that i don't remember right now...

Call of Duty is popular too. Just because something's popular doesn't mean it's automatically good. Take away zombies from DayZ and you take away its popularity.
Exactly, I'm pretty sick of the zombie shovel-film/ware/media coverage avalanche, and wish the fad would get buried by said avalanche. Back on topic, I would not want to see low granularity control over post-processing effects. I don't want to have maxed settings, but have to put up with bad DOF turning the distant background into a bad painting, or motion blur blurring up everything in excess.

I wish the underwater world was not in the game. Its just a novelty and will rarely get used i reckon. Could have put that time and energy into AI

You are wrong. Also, underwater environment is mainly the work of the artists, so I doubt it took away from improving the AI. Don't assume that just because there's a feature in the game that you don't like, that another feature that you do like suffers. It's not an either-or situation.

also not agree with underwater, don't if it will play a main role in the game, but underwater is a nice addition to the game.

Well, its here now and it's not gamebreaking either. In that case... I'll make use of it :P (underwater stealth missions)

I think the underwater aspect is awesome. And I think it will reveal a new world and come to great use in the milsim community.

What I'm scared of is them trying to make it more playable and mainstream..