Sign in to follow this  
NeuroFunker

Things you wish NOT to have in the game!

Warfare in solo

Sandbox style mission

Arma 3 Free
NOOOOOO this would destroy the game if it were free to play. look at TF2, Command and Conquer and Battlefield.

NOOOOOO this would destroy the game if it were free to play. look at TF2, Command and Conquer and Battlefield.

Check the thread title dude. jblackrupert agrees with you, and so do I. ;)

Im pretty sure BIS is watching this thread and going to troll us.

*DO ALL THESE THINGS!!*

:p

I dont want post processing effects, they are useless and a waste of CPU cycles. Same for the headbob.

I dont want post processing effects, they are useless and a waste of CPU cycles. Same for the headbob.

Both can be most likely still be turned off, so I don't see the problem with either of those things. :confused:

Asking for optional features to be removed completely just because you don't like them seems rather selfish.

Both can be most likely still be turned off, so I don't see the problem with either of those things. :confused:

Asking for optional features to be removed completely just because you don't like them seems rather selfish.

The problem is that some mods make it impossible to turn those off :) And its a waste of dev time, there is enough other things that need attention :) And yeah, i am totally selfish :P :D

Name some mods that make it impossible..heck I know of some mods that get rid of certain effects entirerly such as the blur but keep the bloom for people who like to see it on glass.

How clever, let's derail the thread.

Derail ALL the threads! ;)

On a more serious note, one thing I definitely don't want to see in Arma3 is a "standalone" expansion. DLCs are fine with me (as long as they keep including a free "lite" version for MP compatibility), but any true full scale expansion should be like Resistance was for OFP - a simple, straightforward upgrade to the original game, not a separate game with the option to merge.

Derail ALL the threads! ;)

On a more serious note, one thing I definitely don't want to see in Arma3 is a "standalone" expansion. DLCs are fine with me (as long as they keep including a free "lite" version for MP compatibility), but any true full scale expansion should be like Resistance was for OFP - a simple, straightforward upgrade to the original game, not a separate game with the option to merge.

And there I was thinking you were a fan of S.E.X. MadDog :cool:

The marketing student in me welcomes the idea of a standalone as it servers as both a promotional tool and a way to gain additional profit by easing the whole decision process.

The ArmA player in me agrees with your statement. Not only does it keep a quality standard across the whole board, but the added price of the standalone can act as an entry barrier for both prospect ArmA fans and asshats , a fact that bothers marketing Maio...

I would also like them to stop using Battleye, because that's what all the hip kids want nowadays.

P.S.

Does anybody know a know a good bar where ArmA Maio and Market Maio can have a drink and sort out their differences?

Things which follow only a certain trend eg camera effects, bloom, blur, color filters and ridiculous stuff like rocketjumps, dolphin-diving, powerslides, points/medals/achievement unlocks incl. "experimental" micropayments + pay-to-win content. There should be regular consistency checks during game development.

I don't want to see DLCs (because BIS can only do 33% of good DLCs) and preorder bonuses. And steamworks. In other words anything that means the game will force mud on my screen on me because a few other people have the content and want to play with it, cut content (as it is popular now to butcher the game for preorders), and especially anything that ties the game to a single crappy online shop where you are getting kicked out of multiplayer game whenever Steam community servers crash or something (and that happens several times a day)

33% as in BAF only. :yay: I found PMC to be a bit of a bore, though the map was great for PVPs. Czech DLC - never touched it. If DLCs could focus around a different theme maybe. Countries, no more. Gamemodes? Features? Hmm. They have the options anyway. I would agree no more DLCs, we ain't got time fo dat! Mods fo dat!

Automatically stand up when you're prone and you're trying to access the gear of a dead soldier, I absolutely hate and it has gotten me killed countless of times.

Stupid stuck in place because your character is still in the "Throw grenade" "Puts hands in the air accidentally because you pressed the wrong button" "switching weapons"

You should be able to move around while switching weapons, throwing grenades, raising your weapon from having it lowered otherwise you just feel restricted and don't feel like you're in control.

And there I was thinking you were a fan of S.E.X. MadDog :cool:

Oh I'm a huge fan of S.E.X., just not in my Arma. :D

The marketing student in me welcomes the idea of a standalone as it servers as both a promotional tool and a way to gain additional profit by easing the whole decision process.

The ArmA player in me agrees with your statement. Not only does it keep a quality standard across the whole board, but the added price of the standalone can act as an entry barrier for both prospect ArmA fans and asshats , a fact that bothers marketing Maio...

Actually, I was thinking mainly along the lines of keeping things simple. Just look at the number of troubleshooting questions that look like this:

- "I've got Arma2 and then I bought OA, but someone told me I need CO. Where do I get that?"

- "I got Arma2 CO, so do I still need to buy Arma2 OA to play online?"

- "I installed Arma2 and OA but they won't combine. Help!"

And my personal favorite:

- "I got Arma2 OA but I can't join server X because of a 'Missing content ca_ah10 etc.' error." (i.e. missing Arma2.)

For the average Joe, the whole A2/OA/CO situation can obviously be pretty confusing, and even if they do understand how it works, the act of combining two standalone products can be a source of issues. It also splits the online community into three groups: those with just Arma2, those with just OA and those with CO.

With a simple "upgrade" style expansion, you eliminate the confusion, avoid issues related to "combining" the products and you reduce the MP fragmentation to two groups: those with the expansion and those without it.

Standalone expansions, I hope this is not done again, it just splits the user base.

With a simple "upgrade" style expansion, you eliminate the confusion, avoid issues related to "combining" the products and you reduce the MP fragmentation to two groups: those with the expansion and those without it.

Yeah that is what I was thinking of when I wrote same standard across the board.