Sign in to follow this  
Ezcoo

Artificial ATC

We'll endeavour to make the script as easy as possible to port to other maps – Artificial ATC won't be fully portable as it is though, because you'll have to get the peripheral positions for runway, taxiways and the airfield itself and also the angles of runway manually before it can be implemented to that airfield. As far as I know, there is no way to get those automatically.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding this part, but this information can be read from the config file, as long as the airstrip is set up properly on the island in question.

ilsPosition[]={};

ilsDirection[]={};

ilsTaxiIn[]={};

ilsTaxiOff[]={};

Here's Marksman's tutorial to understand the values:

Airstrips/Taxiways by Marksman

This link contains an excel file for helping get the values:

Defining Airstrips and Taxiways

Edited by panther42

If the island is configured correctly(well, like BIS islands anyway), the rest are defined under Class SecondaryAirports

_cfg =(configFile >> "cfgWorlds" >> WorldName >> "SecondaryAirports");

Thanks for the suggestions, they might be helpful.

You will have to get the peripheral positions of certain parts of the airfield manually anyway though, because they are required to make the system to work. The system calculates the estimated position of aircraft after 20 seconds (based on it's movement), forms kind of "bow rake" (?) around the position and checks if any part of the "bow rake" intersects with the peripheral positions of runway. If the result is positive and if the aircraft is approaching the airfield from certain angle, the ATC considers the aircraft as landing aircraft.

Great idea. Looking forward to this. I've flown around with an old version of the USEC ATC script guiding me into the LHD and Utes airport. It's more for experienced pilots who want to have call signs assigned automatically and intentions declared. Simple and works well. It also requests that aircraft on the deck of the LHD be removed (by other players) when you declare the intention to land. But after a while, if they aren't, the script deletes the aircraft automatically from the deck which is nice. Good luck with the scripts and math! :)

Thanks for the message bud! looking forward to doing some voice work to help out with this!

Unfortunately this project has been cancelled at least temporarily due to lack of time and interest. I'm very sorry about this, especially because we didn't expect this to draw attention this much. However, we might continue working on the project in the future, if we'll have time and interest.

Unfortunately this project has been cancelled at least temporarily due to lack of time and interest. I'm very sorry about this, especially because we didn't expect this to draw attention this much. However, we might continue working on the project in the future, if we'll have time and interest.

Any chance I can take a look at what you've got so far? I'm trying to put together some kind of SAC, with ATC and possibly ground control - hopefully with playable positions if I can get the basics sorted out. I'd be really interested in seeing if I can take your project a little further on my own.

Hey again,

I -might- be able to dedicate a little of my time for this again before I move on other stuff. So if you're a scripter that might be able to realize this (I'd appreciate it if this wasn't your very first project :D) and you're interested, PM me now, before it's too late.

PS. I'd like to point out that Artificial ATC was not planned to be "the ultimate ATC simulator", but instead an intelligent ATC with simple outcome (so that basically everyone understands the ATC instructions) and multidirectional communication. I also would like to note that it affects players only, AI interaction was never planned. It might be compatible with AI too, but it's up to the scripter then, because I'm not familiar with AI control.

Edited by Ezcoo