Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Arma3 gameservers spotted

This has anything to do with A2\3 server hosting\browsing?

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227460p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts

Possibly. ArmA II did use Gamespy as a host for the serverlists (or something), AFAIR. Steam provides better integration with a lot more server information, friendlists, JIP, in-game "achievements", among other things.

Steam provides better integration with a lot more server information, friendlists, JIP, in-game "achievements", among other things.

Lol Wut?

How do you figure that? JIP is something that is purely BIS engine-side as far as I'm aware.

Lol Wut?

How do you figure that? JIP is something that is purely BIS engine-side as far as I'm aware.

Yeah.... JIP features are usually crafted by the mission maker. He may be referring to being able to join a friends mp server though...

ARMA 3 will be released in March-May 2013 my friend works at Gamestop and they have already been getting shipments of the Retail Boxed copies
Which store number? Because shipments means "this upcoming Tuesday"...

I really hope for the community alpha wich was set for february 2012, problems, set for after gamescom (august 2012), set for december 2012 (lemnos accident), arma 3 was notced in the far 2011 for summer 2012, delayed to an unknown 2013, right BIS need to fix it , to improve exc. wonderful, now after 2 yrs i believe it's time for alpha, or beta or whatever it is, enough to wait, 2 yrs are a long time and i becoming old, and an alpha (or wathever it is) will make me to know if i have to start to saving my moneys for a better hardware configurations to run it maxed out at final release

Edited by Simon1279

I really hope for the community alpha wich was set for february 2012, problems, set for after gamescom (august 2012), set for december 2012 (lemnos accident), arma 3 was notced in the far 2011 for summer 2012, delayed to an unknown 2013, right BIS need to fix it , to improve exc. wonderful, now after 2 yrs i believe it's time for alpha, or beta or whatever it is, enough to wait, 2 yrs are a long time and i becoming old, and an alpha (or wathever it is) will make me to know if i have to start to saving my moneys for a better hardware configurations to run it maxed out at final release

I agree to an extent, but if they release it before its Alpha ready then the rest of the community will moan about how its not finished blah blah blah, same as always!

Yeah, people will moan either way though. When it's alpha people moan its not beta or release ready. When its released people moan about bugs. When new patches are released people moan about compatibility. In some people's eyes you can never do the right thing. Just something you have to accept and deal with unfortunately. It happens everywhere in every sector, in every company. Others will always know the "better" solution, until they are actually behind the wheel and realize its not that simple after all.

It must be nails making a stable, open environment game engine... :lurk:

People are not giving BI enough credit!

It must be nails making a stable, open environment game engine
The devblog basically implied that things went really, really wrong in 2012...

The devblog basically implied that things went really, really wrong in 2012...

Which is a bit surprising actually...

Of course, there's bound to be problems and quircks on the road, but it's not like they were starting something from scratch that they never had done before :

- The beta patches for Arma 2 have added a lot of good things, the work on DayZ seemed to go rather smooth and borrow stuff from Arma 3 (custom clothing), Take on Helicopters new tech (PiP, Volumetric clouds, flight models...) was nice, VBS 2 V2 is showcasing some bit of Arma 3... you'd think this would be signs that good things are happening under the hood and that this translates in some way to Arma 3.

- All the new showcased features seemed to work great in the playable demos last year : lighting, volumetric clouds, ragdolls, underwater, muzzle flashes, chemlights, new animations, tonemapping, animated hands on wheel etc...

- PhysX being changed midcourse seemed a big hurdle, but looked to have been managed in August.

- Models and islands look great for a long time and aren't really an issue (save for the interiors maybe).

- Possible AI problem : cleaning, documenting and finetuning the AI code (+inability to use underground structures) seemed a bigger challenge than expected. How much though?

Other than that it felt like it was already a fine technical upgrade for Arma 2.5.

So what could have gone wrong SO BADLY that despite relying on steamworks they're still not sure to release in 2013?

- Story wise? Mission design?

- Interface?

- Mod integration?

I wonder...

let me make a guess, they did split the team for dayz development, and that did hurt arma 3 development.

you better ask if ANYBODY is actually working on arma 3

... :)

Yep the arma 3 server is up :P called

"Kane on karelnew"

So at least the project lead is currently "busy"... ;)

They are currently running around in their underwear and going underwater from time to time.

Also i see now 3x arma 3 servers are up

"

Hladas na poÄÂÃ***taÄÂi Red_Dwarf

Raedek on Soloplay

Kane on karelnew "

Also good thing we can see how much time they spend testing, it seems IdeaQA02 spend 98.4 hours in the last 2 weeks

IdeaQA09 - 47.2 ;p

Edited by Redjevel

Nooo, GameSpy. :(

Almost all Master Servers uses Game Spy, games from the 90's even used it. It's not a required software to use, but the server query is the best out there :)

Seems there is server with max 64 players and its hosted in the US.

Some testing i guess?...

People seem to forget that BI is still a business and in order to remain open they have to make money. If they had to dedicate resources to Day Z to get more of the main stream players involved, then so be it. If they had to go with Steam for logistics and financial reasons, so be it. Whatever they need to do to run their business and get products out so be it. Much larger companies and games have had issues post release with their games, so I don't expect any difference with BI.

I've been running my A2 off steam since Day 1 and Ive never had issues with mods or anything, so people need to quit their whining, if you dont want to be part of Arma 3 because of that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

People seem to forget that BI is still a business and in order to remain open they have to make money. If they had to dedicate resources to Day Z to get more of the main stream players involved, then so be it. If they had to go with Steam for logistics and financial reasons, so be it. Whatever they need to do to run their business and get products out so be it. Much larger companies and games have had issues post release with their games, so I don't expect any difference with BI.

I've been running my A2 off steam since Day 1 and Ive never had issues with mods or anything, so people need to quit their whining, if you dont want to be part of Arma 3 because of that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

There's a place to discuss this : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?119471-ArmA-3-on-Steamworks