Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Arma3 gameservers spotted

Have u seen that hostname text? --> i love that kind of 'interaction'

hehehe:)

btw: gameversion is still : 0.5.101892

I found Raedek game profile on steam, all his "friends" seems to be Bohemia's Q&A tests accounts(guessing by the fact their gamelists only includes Bohemia content) . They're all "In-Game" (not precised, but i'm guessing http://steamdb.info/app/107410/) so for those who said they dropped steamworks, it's negative.

266sj

Edited by Burgerlolz

I found Raedek game profile on steam, all his "friends" seems to be Bohemia's Q&A tests accounts. They're all "In-Game" (not precised, but i'm guessing http://steamdb.info/app/107410/) so for those who said they dropped steamworks, it's negative.

http://puu.sh/266sj

Hmm, numbered steam accounts called "IdeaQAxx", all friends with a known Arma3 tester, all playing an undisclosed game. Either it's a very elaborate hoax, or BIS is indeed testing Arma3 on Steam. :)

But how do you read Steamworks into that?

Have u seen that hostname text? --> i love that kind of 'interaction'

hehehe:)

btw: gameversion is still : 0.5.101892

Well since they are changing the name, I suggest that the new one should be ArmATron5000.

I found Raedek game profile on steam, all his "friends" seems to be Bohemia's Q&A tests accounts(guessing by the fact their gamelists only includes Bohemia content) . They're all "In-Game" (not precised, but i'm guessing http://steamdb.info/app/107410/) so for those who said they dropped steamworks, it's negative.

http://puu.sh/266sj

well done! The usernames mean "IDEA games quality assurance"

Choo choo here comes the Arma 3 train! :cool:

Well apparently Bohemia is reactive ! All the profiles went private a few minutes after I posted that, that's good, I guess.

Yes that really is a shame but oh well. Makes it easier for friend networks, so on. Guess you'll adapt.

I hope they dont mean that arma is now like battlefield

And now its

"Stalker's server 2.0, Knights of the Round Table" can be....

Just want to point out the name of their new test server:

Batelfield 4 test server

the humor these guys have.... hahahhahaa!

EDIT: hostname changed :

Stalker's server 2.0, Knights of the Round Table

Ha... and it was ArmATron9001 earlier :D

I can't say I welcome this. I certainly can understand the step towards steam but there are several problems I have with steam. My biggest gripe: Steam's offline mode simply doesn't work. I lose internet and don't have steam running, tough luck. I need to connect to steam in order to activate offline mode. This is bullshit, not BI's fault, but still utter bullshit.

For steam haters. ALL ArmA games so far can be launched without steam, even if it's a steam purchase. I'm fairly sure.

My biggest gripe: Steam's offline mode simply doesn't work. I lose internet and don't have steam running, tough luck. I need to connect to steam in order to activate offline mode. This is bullshit, not BI's fault, but still utter bullshit.

That's the only issue I have with Steam as well. It has happend to me before that I couldn't play my games for over 2 weeks because I moved to a new house, without activating offline first, and had to wait for my new internet connection. Couldn't play anything in my library :( I believe to have read something about an improvement made to the offline mode somewhere last year though?

For steam haters. ALL ArmA games so far can be launched without steam, even if it's a steam purchase. I'm fairly sure.

All other Arma titles have never been "Steam exclusive" (regardless where and how you buy it; digital/retail/dvd). You cannot compare this announcement to the previous Arma titles which actually don't really need Steam to launch. I'm no Steam hater though, so I don't really mind. A "small" developer has to deal with reality.

Dat humour, bis.

All other Arma titles have never been "Steam exclusive" (regardless where and how you buy it; digital/retail/dvd). You cannot compare this announcement to the previous Arma titles which actually don't really need Steam to launch. I'm no Steam hater though, so I don't really mind. A "small" developer has to deal with reality.

Just saying. Steam wont change much :)

Exclusive could mean that they'll only sell it on steam. Not that it's a requirement to launch it after purchase there. Making it work just like before.

Edited by AlexVestin

Maybe it will completely change the way it's maps and mods are distributed. Think Steam 'Workshop'...

What's been said about steamworks:

“Valve’s Steamworks offers some cool features that can help us to enhance the Arma experience where it matters. We’ll save the exact details for a later update, but to summarize our priorities in two key words: user-generated content and multiplayer.â€

Sounds like regular ArmA + optional, simpler, features for those who wants to use it.

Do I have to run the game through Steam?

Yes, it will be required to run the game through Steam. We do not believe in always-online types of DRM however, so Offline mode will be supported.

I hope that the game could be run without Steam after the validation of game though, because running via Steam (or well, having Steam on when playing) decreases my FPS noticeably and especially kills the internet access.

Does this mean that if you loose connection to Steam, you will be kicked off from MP btw? If that's the case, I shudder to think what that would cause – no more Arma. It wouldn't be worth it to purchase the game if you got kicked off every 10 mins!

Dat humour, bis.

Just saying. Steam wont change much :)

Exclusive could mean that they'll only sell it on steam. Not that it's a requirement to launch it after purchase there. Making it work just like before.

Did you actually read the Dev Blog update? :P In fact, they actually say the opposite. The game will be available via different vendors, digital, retail etc. But every version will need Steam in order to play. The Dev Blog update explains it all :)

Well you don't need to use Steam workshop - that's optional

Of course its optional, but it you have used it for games like l4d2 its pretty handy.

That's the only issue I have with Steam as well. It has happend to me before that I couldn't play my games for over 2 weeks because I moved to a new house, without activating offline first, and had to wait for my new internet connection. Couldn't play anything in my library :( I believe to have read something about an improvement made to the offline mode somewhere last year though?

Seems they did improve it. I shut down steam, disconnected from the internet and tried to start in offline mode, voila I could start it without a problem. when I tried it the last time it didn't work even though I activated offline mode because I like to type in my pw (otherwise I tend to forget my pws). So yeah once activated it works but you still need to remember to activate it... Not ideal but I can live with it. It would be different if I lived in an area where I can't get fast internet. I have 25000Mbit up 5Mbit down but I know people who only live about 10km away who can't even get 1Mbit up...