Sign in to follow this  
Sqeemin

can't load object ca\plants\clutter_grass_general.p3d & no textures in arma2 and OA

Hello i have got a Satellite image from Google Earth and i have made a mask image i can Put together the map with Visitor but textures don't show up and when i'm in-game i get a error "Can't Load Object Ca\plants\clutter_grass_general.p3d"

does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Edited by Sqeemin

Hello i have got a Satellite image from Google Earth and i have made a mask image i can Put together the map with Visitor but textures don't show up and when i'm in-game i get a error "Can't Load Object Ca\plants\clutter_grass_general.p3d"

does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

You probably have a wrong path somewhere. When you say textures don't show up, do you mean the up-close mask textures (ones around your feet ingame) or the sat map textures? That object it can't load is a clutter object. You either have a path wrong or that object doesn't exist. The path is most likely found in your cfgClutter file.

around my feet also the game crashes before i get to play it

Ca\plants\clutter_grass_general.p3d

There's no "CA\Plants" assets available for Arma 2 or OA - that's an Arma 1 source folder... Nor is there a "clutter_grass_general.p3d" in A2 or OA - that's also Arma 1...

Looks like you've been following a seriously out-of-date tutorial!

I'd strongly suggest you start from scratch... it's most important to have the latest up-to-date toolkit, properly installed, and all the game assets properly unpacked... Then you should follow a beginners tutorial, like This One (remember to also download the Source Files).....

That should get you started with a clean setup and, after you've finished the tutorial, a complete and working "dummy template" structure which will save you a lot of time and messing about when it comes to your own first actual project....

B