Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Will You Use the Cross-hairs?

Will You Use the New Arma 3 Cross-hairs?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Use the New Arma 3 Cross-hairs?

• I will, I used them in A2
    • I will, I didn't use them in A2
    • I will not, I used them in A2
    • I will not, I didn't use them in A2
    • Depends on how I feel (Hardcore vs. Casual)

Yeah, Jeza really needs them. The way he's aiming is quite irritating

;2302063']Crosshairs are for fags and noobs like Jeza. :D

Pinnacle of realism, cross-hairs are boss, you know it. Hopefully when you hit a target with them there's a big x and xp values fall out, that would be what we want.

Also zoomed out more in 3rd person when you get it a sticky situation also so you can see where you care packages land.

Edited by Jeza

I'll play with crosshairs. I have no floating zone and a TrackIR, so I like the visual cue of where I'm pointing :) it sometime gets confusing if you're TrackIRing all over the place :) it makes it more realistic for me, given that my idea of realism includes proprioception, the sense of where your body parts are and what they're doing.

Nowadays, I always try to play without a crosshair if the game allows it, especially in a game like ArmA 2 or 3.

I've been playing a lot of paintball this summer and I realised... using guns with no ironsight people are surprisingly accurate. I'd say I can estimate where my gun is pointing to within 4 degrees. The crosshair in Arma2 was far too accurate, the centre dot ruined it by making it cheater vision, but if you just kept the outer part of the crosshair it would be great.

It's more realistic to have a crosshair vaguely indicating where the gun is pointing (especially with TrackIR turned on) than to have no bloody idea!

At first I thought I would use the crosshairs because in reality you do have an idea of where you are pointing your gun. But after trying the minimalistic crosshairs, which are very similar to arma 3's, I have to say that it gives me too much info on where I am going to hit. Even at 100 metres I can hit a dude within 1 or 2 shots if he is stationary and standing in full view. For that kind of shooting I want to be forced to use the sights. So I have changed my mind, I will not be using the crosshairs in Arma 3.

I still think that their is a need for them though. The ideal crosshairs, for me, would be like arma 3's but would expand and fade, the further away you point them. Point them at something 5 metres away and they would be very visible and pretty tight. At 15 metres they would be wider and more transparent. At 30m + they would totally disappear. This would make it so you are forced to use sights at targets over 30m, but you would still be able to shoot realistically in close quarters.

I've been playing a lot of paintball this summer and I realised... using guns with no ironsight people are surprisingly accurate. I'd say I can estimate where my gun is pointing to within 4 degrees. The crosshair in Arma2 was far too accurate, the centre dot ruined it by making it cheater vision, but if you just kept the outer part of the crosshair it would be great.

It's more realistic to have a crosshair vaguely indicating where the gun is pointing (especially with TrackIR turned on) than to have no bloody idea!

The Arma 3 crosshair(s) has no front sight "center dot" (actually a post) and it's a broken-cross like conventional FPS games.