Sign in to follow this  
dinoboy123

Doors/Ladders Not Working on Default Buildings

Sorry for all the posts recently, but I've been crunched for time with work/school and keep running into pitfalls that hang up my map making process, and so far all the help has gotten me through each issue.

In game the doors/ladders will not function, no text pops up asking to climb/close. I checked my ca file and made sure that each config is in each file. Each config i assume is correct, because I did not touch them and they have code stating user actions and to present the text string. I dont have any issues packing the config files either, and then place my ca file containing my buildings/nature objects in my mod folder

I'm stuck on why issue persists, also to make the matter more perplexing, certain buildings like general store, will have functioning doors when they have been destroyed.

If you need more details feel free to ask! Hopefully this is a simple question

Thanks for any help!

-Andrew

Is this what you did to move all of the .cpp files from the CA into your addon folder? If not, you should do it that way :

Create a text file in your P: Drive / Addon folder in the P: drive, open it up with your text editor of choice and paste in the following :

cd /D p:\ca
xcopy *.cpp P:\TUT\ca\ /S /Y

You'd want to rename "P:\TUT\...." to "P:\YourAddonFolder\...".

Then save it and change the file extension from .txt to .bat, making it an executable file. Now simply run it and wait for it to finish.

I hope I understood what your problem is,

FreakJoe

Instead of explaining this one at length, can I suggest you take a look at This Beginners Guide...

Page 8, section 1.6 - the chapter titled "Tag or Namespace folders and the little "Configs-only" CA folder"

Read thru that whole section - it should sort out the missing animations issue...

*edit

Aha! FreakJoe beat me to it! - Yes - thats what I think is the issue and that approach should fix it - well done!

to move all of the .cpp files from the CA into your addon folder

"copy", rather than "move" of course.....

If you set up your P:\CA using Mikero's Arma2P tool then it automatically generates one of these "config-only" CA folders specially for this purpose... you'll find it - ready made and ready to use, in a folder created by Arma2P called "WRP_PROJECTS" on your P:\ drive

B

Edited by Bushlurker

thats a handy trick for moving lots of files. It successfully copied all of my cpp files into my mod folder, however still no luck in game. I'll keep messing around though. If it is of any help, there is no path error message when i load the game in editor

A-HA! I've been banging my head against a wall for the past days trying to figure this out myself, I was close to posting for help but figured it would be something simple, in truth, it was. I thought I had done this step of copying the special 'ca\' folder over but it turns out I had not. now it's just a small wait for the next binarization to see if this worked for me too. If binarizing doesn't give me run around again, that is... grrrr.

D