Sign in to follow this  
carlos2912

How can i insert visible items in backpacks? (like light at's)

Hi guys, I'm editing a mission and in a video i saw this situation :

notbiabi.png

How can i do it? I tried to put a backpack on a soldier then add a M72A2 light AT but the backpack stays "on back", i tried to put the AT into the backpack but it doesn't work!

Please, i really need help. Is there a script? or this skin has a default backpack? (It's the default German unit i THINK)

Yeaaah, I've done that then i add the backpack in the init.sqf of the soldier but IT DOESN'T work fine as the IMAGE! Or the backpack stays "ON BACK" position or the AT stays "ON BACK", only one is visible!

I also tried to put the AT on the backpack but I't doesn't seems like the image!

Edited by Foxhound
refrain from posting in all bold!

Im not on my game computer, so i'll have to try and remember exactly. My codes might be wrong but you should be able to figure out which ones I mean.

Basically you can get anything you want on your soldier by putting it in the init. For example, medics don't let you fill up all the slots, and if you have a AT guy you also have limits to what you can carry. But you can still give them more by putting it in the init. It won't show up on the gear menu where the slots are but it will be on the left side and in game you will see them where you see how many rounds you have left, or full, semi, etc.

So just put what you want in the init. Here's what i do:

in the init:

"removeallweapons this", then I use the "addweapons" and "addmagazines" etc. then add your AT weapon and ammo etc. then last "addbackpack this".

What this will do is is add your AT weapon in the gear menu in it's normal slot for secondary weapon on the right side of screen. The backpack will not be there. BUT, if you look on your inventory on the left side, your backpack will be at the end of list. If you select it, the option on the bottom right will change to "openbackpack". So you have full use.

So this will give you both secondary and backpack weapons visible on your player. But wait... there's more. Some units wont show any backpacks. The CZ has a few that won't show backpacks even when they have one. The desert squad leader won't, same with special forces guys with the baseball hats. "teamleader, rifle, grenadier, and scout" on desert" and "teamleader" on woodland spec ops. Not sure who else. They will show the secondary weapons but not backpacks. In fact they already have backpacks on but you can't see them. Not sure why bis did that. There are alot of mistakes on the cz side.

Last thing, not sure what you know about the backpacks, but you might need to use "removebackpack" if they have one and/or "clearbackpackcargo" etc.. you want to make sure you put the backpack last to ensure that the secondary weapon shows.

I have a list of all the backpacks and what they carry. If you dont find them here or whatever.

What the OP wants is that an AT Launcher sticks out of his backpack whilst he has both of them on his back. That isn't possible unless it's a custom-modelled backpack (it may be possible with attachTo but I think that'd insta-kill the player).

Actually it's alot simpler than i put. All you need to do is "this addbackpack "name of backpack"". It's that simple. Getting the right backpack and ammo requires more but all I did in the picture was to select an AT rifleman with the addbackpack code and that was it.

That picture is misleading. the at is not in the bag. the bag has side pockets that stick out and it makes it look like it's in the bag. I think he is wanting what i have pictured. I think the reason he tried putting it in the bag is because it is thought that you can only have one or the other and not both.

Anyway this should still help some people.

ATwBACKPACKS1_zps6d9af34a.jpg

Edited by victim913

Im not on my game computer, so i'll have to try and remember exactly. My codes might be wrong but you should be able to figure out which ones I mean.

Basically you can get anything you want on your soldier by putting it in the init. For example, medics don't let you fill up all the slots, and if you have a AT guy you also have limits to what you can carry. But you can still give them more by putting it in the init. It won't show up on the gear menu where the slots are but it will be on the left side and in game you will see them where you see how many rounds you have left, or full, semi, etc.

So just put what you want in the init. Here's what i do:

in the init:

"removeallweapons this", then I use the "addweapons" and "addmagazines" etc. then add your AT weapon and ammo etc. then last "addbackpack this".

What this will do is is add your AT weapon in the gear menu in it's normal slot for secondary weapon on the right side of screen. The backpack will not be there. BUT, if you look on your inventory on the left side, your backpack will be at the end of list. If you select it, the option on the bottom right will change to "openbackpack". So you have full use.

So this will give you both secondary and backpack weapons visible on your player. But wait... there's more. Some units wont show any backpacks. The CZ has a few that won't show backpacks even when they have one. The desert squad leader won't, same with special forces guys with the baseball hats. "teamleader, rifle, grenadier, and scout" on desert" and "teamleader" on woodland spec ops. Not sure who else. They will show the secondary weapons but not backpacks. In fact they already have backpacks on but you can't see them. Not sure why bis did that. There are alot of mistakes on the cz side.

Last thing, not sure what you know about the backpacks, but you might need to use "removebackpack" if they have one and/or "clearbackpackcargo" etc.. you want to make sure you put the backpack last to ensure that the secondary weapon shows.

I have a list of all the backpacks and what they carry. If you dont find them here or whatever.

I TRIED THIS :

removeallweapons this; this addweapon "ACE_M72A2"; this addWeapon "ACE_BackPack";

the backpack stays "on back" and doesn't appear in the list, only the M72A2 (AT) appears, what should i do? when i click on the backpack (under M72A2) the only option i got is the: "IN HANDS"

But thank you with your help, if you can stay helping me i appreciate, please.

Edit: sorry, i didn't see your print, but no sucess, i'm 100% sure that you're right and i'm still trying, sorry if i dont understand something that you said, i'm not american/british/canadian/... !

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

I'M USING ACE! It only works without ace! THE PHOTO IN THE FIRST POST IS WITH ACE!

It's using ace but only the operation arrowhead non-ace backpack system will allow that so I don't know what's going on in that picture

You can still do this using ACE. I don't remember the details but i know ACE had an option to remove all bi backpacks. But that might have been before OA. Anyway, just make sure you can still use bi backpacks too.

The thing that won't allow this to work is that you are using "addweapon" for the backpack. You can't have 2 weapons on back. So do everything the same except for the backpack. Use "addbackpack" and use a bis backpack. It's only needed for the one soldier that you want to carry the at so you won't need to do this for all of the rest. It will be different in the gear menu and how you see the ammo but it works.

Since you are used to the ACE system I will tell you where to look for the bis. This applies to non ACE too. Make sure the backpack is after your secondary weapon. This will keep the secondary weapon and ammo in the right place in the gear menu. You will not see the backpack here. Still in the gear menu, look to the left where the list of all of your gear is. Scroll down to the bottom. Your backpack will be there. Click on it in the list, and look back to the right side where you see all the slots, down at the bottom, after clicking the backpack on the list, "openbackpack" will appear on the tab at the bottom. Then look back at the list and you will see what is in your backpack. Depending on where you are, "openbackpack" might open a new screen on the right side over the soldier and weapon slots. That way you can see the slots and ammo etc..I say depending on where you are, anywhere where you have the "gear" selection on your quick commands. like next to a vehicle or body, etc....

All that is the same without ACE. If you have a secondary weapon, the only place you will see the backpack is on the left side at the bottom of the list.

If you need more i can get screen shots or something. But this will allow ACE and bis to work together. Just that one unit needs a bis backpack not ace.