Sign in to follow this  
Steveboy

Stuck in Reactor Room

I am more than half way through the campaign and find myself stuck in the reactor room.

I am activating the reactors, teleported to the room where they make the hammerhead, then teleported back to the

reactor room to activate one last reactor, but then there is no way out. All doors have a red light and the teleporter

does not work. Please help.

I have since also started a strategy game with settings set in my favour (I want to have some fun) and find it is a really good experience

when you have full strength.

I pick away at islands with a manta (never used much in the campaign because they were too weak, unless for recon). With armor II and shields

and missiles, I take off and manually (FPS) soften up the area by taking down enemy mantas, AA guns and Walruses. When out of ammo, I set to auto dock

and then grab another manta and off I go again.

I find it hard to take down the enemy carrier though. Only did it once, but even then the game said I won, but I didn't see it go down, just sailed off

into the distance. Other times we just shoot at each other and apart from some flames, etc. we keep doing drive bys. I tried a torpedo, but not sure how this

works, so no result.

Anyway,any suggestions on how to get out of my campaign dilemna? Thanks.

Steve

If I remember correctly, once you teleport back to the room, you start up that last reactor, and then have to walk over to a monitor somewhere to start the downloading process of the data onto some sort of data storage. The big rods sticking out of the wall should then rotate and spit out the item you need. the doors should open then. If not- reload a savegame from before you entered the first person part.

The single manta picking off the defences before heading in is definitely a valid way of doing it. Taking down a carrier is, depending on who you're talking to, either too easy or too hard. Sounds like you have the best experience :D If you do think it's too hard- it just takes a bit of practice. The trick is to use your bow cannon to take out his engines and weapons, while protecting your own bow cannon.

As for the torpedo- you hang it under a manta like a bomb. Then, you aim the nose of the manta at the enemy carrier, and fire the torpedo. The torpedo will drop in the water and just sits there for... what, 5 seconds? to arm itself. Then, it'll speed off forwards. So if the enemy carrier is moving, it's a bit tricky. Best used from behind or when he's not moving. 2 of those will sink it, by the way.

Hope that's of some help.

Thanks for the tips Dreadnought808.

I will try again to find this panel, but I kind of have already run around the reactor room continually pressing the A green button to activate something, but

nothing happens. I tried going to an earlier save, but same thing happens. One more go then.

I tried your torpedo tactic and it worked. I think it took maybe 2 or 3 and lots of cannon fire.

Although it's a bit buggy on xbox, it's still a good game and worth the money. I have had many hours of fun with it and after I finish this

current game, that will be it I think for a while until I am in the mood again. It gets a bit repetitive taking out the islands in almost the same way each time and then chasing that carrier around. It appears then runs off until you can catch it at a flashing island.

Steve

No luck finding that panel. I am well and truly stuck in that reactor room.

I ran around pressing the A button, aiming at every panel and gizmo, but nothing. I even went back to an earlier save and replaying that section, but nothing. The last option would be to replay the the whole section where I am topside and about to enter the underground lab via the lift, but I did this once before for another problem, so I think I will call it quits here.

I have finished another strategy game - well almost as I had to kill the carrier from taking more islands. So I have a few more to take back to completely finish it and that will be about it for me.

Steve