Sign in to follow this  
kroky

POLL: Do you play ArmAII with ACE2 always on?

Do you play ArmA II with ACE2 always on?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play ArmA II with ACE2 always on?

• No, I use ACE2 only with missions made for it
    • Yes, I start ArmA II always with ACE2 on
    • Yes, I start ArmA II always with ACE + ASR_AI on

This may help some mission makers to decide if their missions should be ACE2 compatible. And it's interesting in general.

This may help some mission makers to decide if their missions should be ACE2 compatible.

I think that if that is part of the goal you need more options. For example, "No, I do not play with ACE2 ever" or "rarely" and perhaps generalizing the last one to be something along the lines of "Yes, I start ArmA II always with ACE and other mods" or something like that. Not saying you have to I just think you will get more accurate results. I for example don't use ACE2 and thus can't vote which means a demographic is missing.No offense to the ACE2 guys or anything though. I just never really got into it and I only really play ArmA with my brother now. The game already frustrates the hell out of him sometimes so adding more complexity probably wouldn't be a good idea. That being said, I do like your work and a lot of the improvements that have been made.

And it's interesting in general.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Edited by Jakerod

I normally dont play wit ACE2, i have but, i think in general that missions makers should make it an option to be able to play the mission with ACE2.

If the mission is made for ACE, then yes I will. If it isn't designed for ACE then I won't because sometimes in some situations can be problems that may occur sometimes gameplay wise and doesn't play out right.

Really depends on the group I am playing with. Most do use ACE and such, but a few groups here and there do not.

ACE2? Hell no. I only use it for PMC Versus, which accounts for about 1-2% of my A2 playing. I use CWR2 much more, about 50% of the time, given all their great mission and campaign content.

Needs one more option: "I start ArmA 2 always with ASR-AI on". What I've come to notice is that some campaigns/missions are near impossible with ASR-AI because mission makers expect you to mow down an entire platoon of enemies only using a four-man fire team, which would be not too hard to do with vanilla AI but is extremely difficult with ASR imo. I suppose some people would say you don't really need to have ASR in mind when making a mission but I beg to differ; missions made with ASR-AI should expect less "rambo skills" from the player and give him support options when tackling difficult tasks like capturing a heavily defended town.

Yes your're right, more options would be usefull. It's a shame I don't know how to change the poll...

Always ACE + ASR. Vanilla just isn't as good and feature-rich and ACE improves literally every aspect.

I recently downloaded ACE to see if it works with my Nogovan Mod, but otherwise i don't use it.

There should be an option for "I don't use ACE2 at all" for those like me, who do not use it ever.

P.S. And I have tried every single version of ACE since the very first AA version.

Tho i'm not a hater - it has more to do with my "tetris" circa 2007-2008 struggling to run all that goodness on decent gfx setting and with enough bots and vehicles and whatnot.

No. I can't be bothered with it anymore. Also, my friends can't be convinced that pws isn't a giant cluster ****. If I'm going to play any mod, it's HIP or CWR. Your poll should include an "I never use ACE" option.

Edited by Iceman77

I find the learning curve for some things in ACE too steep ...much of my time is generally on spent "how the f$%& do I ..." at which time I am promptly killed. I really like the campaign "Team Shadow" which is ACE only, but fortunately it is slow-paced and almost exclusively small-arms so I could handle things reasonably well in that case.

ACE2 focus is on mp and extending there the feeling of playing A2OA a little bit more "realistic". Imo mission makers shouldn't be forced to make their mission work with any non-required mod/addon. It's their spare time, mission idea/setup and fumbling around with A2OA's ups and downs.... :)

I voted yes, for ACE2. It's what i click to play. But, we might find something that might not be compatible and back out.

The reason why? I view the small arms experience of ACE as massive improvement. Vanilla arma has a very bland behind the gun experience, this doesn't match the game.:confused: ACE spices this up very much. Dispersion, recoil, bipods, sound, fragmentation, zeroing (much better for 40mm), wind, stamina. It does have it's drawbacks, but this overrides everything for me.

I wish it was more compatible, and my yes would be more resounding. From my experience a big one is the helo pilots. I like self preservation, just not on my side. Plus, documentation is lacking (from my beginners viewpoint). So i edit only in vanilla and then adjust and add ACE goodies near completion.

Edited by PlacidPaul

I never use ACE.

I don't play with this mod and don't make missions/campaigns that us ACE.

If never, so how then you play missions made for ACE :p

ASR_AI & TPWCAS always now. Rarely ACE unless a mission requiring it looks particularly interesting. I only play SP, & learnt early that ACE makes many non-ACE missions virtually unplayable. That said, it is a really excellent mod. The modularity has a good structure.

I'm one of the "never ACE", but I used the first option in your poll. I dont play that often and when I do my friends and I dont have the time to learn all the ins and outs of ACE. A couple of years back I would probably be all ACE.

Mods that are always on are ASR_AI & TPWCAS. If a mission is too hard with the two of them I just dont play that mission. I guess I use CWR2 about 75% of my time. Occasionally I use standalone armed assault islands using CAA1, then its mostly on Sahrani (love that island).

edit: and IceBreakers islands and LJ's soundmod ofcourse :)

After a few years with A2 I still had no time for deeper check of ACE (and many other mods), so I'm not sure, if I would like it. Not all, that I saw in quick tries, I liked. Anyway - in 90% of cases I run A2 CO as pure vanilla. ACE looks like great thing, at least for some, and for sure is an effect of great work, problem is, that needs dedicated to it missions.

If never, so how then you play missions made for ACE :p

Obviously, not at all.

And yeah, I said "Only missions that require it". If a mission really makes use of the ACE features, it's great, but a lot of the features in ACE I personally find too much (Is the tail-rotor damage still in ? I remember a lot of AI being killed by the tail rotor when disembarking from certain choppers).

By the way, for those who always play with ACE: How do you handle incompatibilities ? For example, the strength of some anti tank weapons is reduced in ACE, so if a mission only gives you basically one shot for an AT and that doesn't destroy the target, then what ? Or some machine gunner that doesn't have earplugs ?

Edited by Varanon
Typos