Sign in to follow this  
cns180784

Problem playing ArmA 2

Hi, i'm new to these forums and i love playing Arma, but i have a recurring problem which is really annoying and is putting me off playing it. It happens on average about every 5 to 10 mins into playing the game. What happens, is the screen freezes, and then it seems to come out of the game and to my desktop, and when this happens i can hear the game still playing, but can't actually see it, only hear...all i can see is my desktop and its icons. I have to reboot the computer and sometimes this happens pretty much as soon as i load a mission/campaign.

Anyone have any ideas? i did notice it saying in the corner something about my graphics card kind of crashing and recovering...but if its an issue with my graphics card...how can it be when its a GeForce GTX 650?.

When this happens...

1. Press L.Shift and Numpad "-" together then type "FLUSH" - this will clear your card memory.

2. No need to reboot PC to get our of this, just CTRL+ALT+DEL - select "Task Manager", then select Arma 2 and click "End Process", this will close down arma.

Would also help if you posted up your full in-game graphic settings including advanced - as this is most likely the problem.