Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

IDF PvP Nights

Hello everyone!

After almost 2 months of running PvP gaming nights internally in the Israeli Arma 2 IDF community, we have decided to invite everyone to join us.

Our games currently focus on 2 game types that are being constantly improved.

Both mission types feature:

- Squad management system (join/leave/kick/lock).

- Squad-based and player-count-based kit and vehicle availability system.

- Respawn system that prevents spawn camping without having a spawn protection. Mobile respawn MHQs are available at main base, but will become blocked for 2 minutes if any enemy is within 200m, or if any friendly dies within 200m (times and distances are subject to adjustments, but so far have proven effective). This means they cannot be used close to the battle and cannot be spawn camped. In addition, there is a "limit of advance" so that you cannot spawn on the flanks or behind enemy lines. Of course, vehicles are available in the main base, which isn't too far from the combat zone.

- Victory is achieved by reaching a max score. Max score is tweaked so rounds normally last 30-60 minutes.

- Missions are designed to work with any player count, be it 3vs3 or 50vs50.

1. Variation of Capture and Hold:

- Symmetrical, with equally powerful kits and vehicles on both sides.

- Score is earned when enemies are killed and as long as the zone is held by your side. Abandoned/Destroyed vehicles also grant score to the enemy (1/2 value when abandoned, rounded down making unarmed vehicles grant nothing when abandoned).

- Zone capture speed depends on number of players, but with diminishing returns, meaning 4 players capture faster than 2, but not anywhere near twice as fast.

2. Assassination:

- Asymetric, IDF vs Jihad gameplay, with high-end equipment for the IDF and low-end equipment (including suicide car bombs) for the Jihad.

- A random Jihad leader is assigned every time the current leader is killed. He must get within a large zone and survive as long as possible.

- IDF can only gain score by killing the Jihad leader or over time when there is no Jihad leader inside the zone.

- Terrorists gain score for killing IDF soldiers, but only while the Jihad leader is inside the zone. Abandoned/Destroyed IDF vehicles always grant score (1/2 value if abandoned).

Language:

While we speak Hebrew on TS, we will communicate with any English-speaking squad leader via in-game command channel or TS channel commander. If you bring friends who do not speak English, at least make sure to group up in the same squad and have an English-speaking squad leader.

Mods/Server:

Server is currently named "IDF EEAS PvP Server". Mods can be downloaded and installed via Six Updater or Play withSIX directly via the server browser, or by using the following yml (which will work even when the server is down):

Six Updater IDF mods yml

Play withSIX IDF mods yml (Still under development, so the link may or may not work properly for you with Play withSIX, in which case either use the server browser, use Six Updater, or bug Sickboy with whatever made it not work for you).

Signature checks are enabled, and not all mods are embedded into the mission.sqm so you might not be automatically kicked if you are missing some mods. Therefore it is highly recommended to not install the mods manually, but rather use Six Updater or Play withSIX. That way you are also guaranteed to run exactly what you need even if the mod list is changed. Make sure all mods appear in green - None should appear in yellow/blue/red/black when you are launching the game. If they do, try to update the mods again.

Play Times:

- Sundays 19:30 GMT (21:30 Israel Time). Last Sunday had 15 players from Israel alone.

Optional (may or may not happen depending on attendance):

- Thursdays 19:30 GMT (21:30 Israel Time).

- Fridays 20:30 GMT (22:30 Israel Time).

Videos:

Tzzw4ZI6cYY

ak2AyGWNYX8

I83z8wA2hqM

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Edited by galzohar

Thanks, just downloading the files using Six Updater, Will see you on the battlefield :)

Take care

I keep seeing lots of people trying to join our server but they don't have any mods installed... Have anyone had success with getting people to figure out they need to install mods when they get kicked? I know this is an aged old issue/debate on what can/can't be done, but I just wanted to double check I'm not missing anything. I already have "Use Play WithSIX or Six Updater to join" in the server name... Seems like there are simply a lot of people that would have came to play but simply don't know how to :(

hello everybody' i'd like to know where's the server because i browse it on six updater but i dont find it :( ooh and how do i get team speak, do i have to download it or something like that? sorry for asking so many questions, although i've been playing arma 2 for a long time, I haven't got experience on mp.

Thank you for your time :)

I keep seeing lots of people trying to join our server but they don't have any mods installed... Have anyone had success with getting people to figure out they need to install mods when they get kicked? I know this is an aged old issue/debate on what can/can't be done, but I just wanted to double check I'm not missing anything. I already have "Use Play WithSIX or Six Updater to join" in the server name... Seems like there are simply a lot of people that would have came to play but simply don't know how to :(

Hey dude, i can't install the IDF mod:(