Sign in to follow this  
jureidinim

Finalizing 1.04 patch?

Any word on the the progress of finalizing of patch1.04 (making SDK available to all) - and would there be any other fixes/enhancements in that patch?

Yes, an update would be very nice. It's been about a month since the beta SDK was released.

Something really easy to do would be for them to release a complete document on how to get your islands into the game.

Final 1.04 has been released (both for download and to the Steam users).

http://www.carriercommand.com/updates/

This is basically 1.03.0019 without the SDK files. From modding perspective no scripts were changed. There aer changes in the binary and also the unpacking script was enhanced a bit.

There is also separate SDK version of the patch. (You should be able to overwrite regular with SDK version if you choose to)

Also the patch removes DRM so no more activations upon reinstall of and OS.

Now that this is out of the way, we have beta in the oven and it should be out next week.

It will include more pronounced changes. As a teaser, I can mention Technology-level slider in the Strategic game other strategic tweaks.

Awesome! Downloading now - and another beta on the way with strategy game goodies? Totally awesome!x2 :)

The only goodie I want is to be able to use the sdk to get my islands into the game and to do that we need walkthoughs/documentation on how to do just that............

This is indeed very welcome news. I was starting to worry that no further development was under way.

The only goodie I want is to be able to use the sdk to get my islands into the game and to do that we need walkthoughs/documentation on how to do just that............

The partial documentation to the workbench is here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Editor_%28Workbench%29

When you have your island then I am afraid that at this moment you can only get it to the game if you replace one of the existing islands.

The reason is the same as in case of tuning the weapon stats. The system to circumvent this bottleneck is unfortunately not yet ready (but it is coming).

its great to hear that things are moving along. Once everything is polished and everything is working as it should, I would be willing to purchase another copy of the game, just to show support.

Final 1.04 has been released (both for download and to the Steam users).

http://www.carriercommand.com/updates/

This is basically 1.03.0019 without the SDK files. From modding perspective no scripts were changed. There aer changes in the binary and also the unpacking script was enhanced a bit.

There is also separate SDK version of the patch. (You should be able to overwrite regular with SDK version if you choose to)

Also the patch removes DRM so no more activations upon reinstall of and OS.

Now that this is out of the way, we have beta in the oven and it should be out next week.

It will include more pronounced changes. As a teaser, I can mention Technology-level slider in the Strategic game other strategic tweaks.

Tech level slider? nice... hoping for a tech tree of sorts :-)

Wonderful news. Looking forward to the future of CC:GM. The tech slider sounds intriguing. I was hoping there might be some playing with the technology as a way to mix things up for a challenge.

I was thinking along the lines of making some islands very difficult to defeat without a specific type of weapon that would have to be found at the research center on an island where it was placed randomly with each new strategy game start. This could be done with multiple weapons as there are a lot to choose from and many seem to be sort of extraneous at this point in the current strategy play. The islands requiring each weapon could also be randomized.

The double gate locks encountered in the campaign could also be incorporated into the strategy game as a suggestion. Or any other feats of creativity for that matter. The game has a lot of potential.

The partial documentation to the workbench is here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Game_Editor_%28Workbench%29

When you have your island then I am afraid that at this moment you can only get it to the game if you replace one of the existing islands.

The reason is the same as in case of tuning the weapon stats. The system to circumvent this bottleneck is unfortunately not yet ready (but it is coming).

Thankyou very much for the reply.

The key word is partial. :P One of the key things missing from the documentation is how to do the overview map.