Sign in to follow this  
jeza

Bin Laden 'Shooter Interview'

Came across these while looking through the business insider website they have a piece on the guy who shot bin laden found here but links to the full story which I will link below as there is a vast amount of text, interesting read goes into his thoughts on the zero dark thirty film but also how his life/career has ended up, so here it is.

Full interview with 'The Shooter'

For those who the link is not working for, I found a second link for those its not working for, split into 7 pages.

Alternate Link

Don't Feel Too Sorry For The SEAL Who Shot Bin Laden - follow up story link

Edited by Jeza

Great interview, thanks for sharing mate! The government support to veterans (or lack thereof) REALLY infuriates me, I think "the shooters" quote pretty much sums it up

"I left SEALs on Friday. … You're out of the service, your coverage is over. Thanks for your sixteen years. Go fuck yourself."

— The Shooter

Is there any government that actually looks after its troops? The stat that always stuck with me and continues to bother me is the one about the Falklands that more Falklands veterans have subsequently committed suicide than died in the conflict, I'm sure the stats for say Vietnam in terms of suicides/addictions/homelessness are equally as bleak, first world countries? Not a chance.

Seems like the people of the USA at least that I have seen, read, ect,. support the troops more then the very

politicians/government that deploys them, WTF is wrong with that picture?!

The struggle and things the troops deal with day to day in the combat zone I find rather amazing, I have utter and complete respect for soldiers,

probably more so for WW2 vets but none the less to me going into a war and killing a another individual that is out to kill you I find the idea very radical and insane.

On the homefornt here its not easily comprehended or understood by the sheer epicness of being in war, being shot at, as we are safe.

eza is there another link available for that interview, whats the title of it, as that link dont want to load the page for me.

Although Brandon Webb commented on why former SOF consult (and in the context of the nonjudicial punishment of several active SEALs who consulted for Medal of Honor: Warfighter) months ago, he remarked that hazardous duty pay doesn't count towards a retirement pay multiple either.

For those who the link is not working for, I found a second link, its all there just split in to 7 pages.

Alternate Link

Can´t confirm the truthfulness of any of this until the documents are released in 30 ish years time. Interesting read nontheless.

I think it is sad that the government does so little for the veterans. It´s like that in almost every country....

Speaking for myself and most vets I know, we didn't do it for the hand outs, but Governments do tend to abuse that charity.

This sounds like a work of fan fiction.

This really grabbed me:

from the first page on the alt link

No one who fights for this country overseas should ever have to fight for a job," Barack Obama said last Veterans' Day, "or a roof over their head,

or the care that they have earned when they come home."

But the Shooter will discover soon enough that when he leaves after sixteen years in the Navy, his body filled with scar tissue, arthritis, tendonitis,

eye damage, and blown disks, here is what he gets from his employer and a grateful nation:

Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.

A bunch of people at Gawker are pointing out though that it's because he didn't do the full twenty -- though some of them admit that that's why they're still in wherever they are.

Yeah sure this guy shoot bin Laden who used his wife as a shield and than sunk him in the Ocean. Bull, this whole story is total bull. I bet Bin Laden is dead since end of 2001 and i don't believe a word of the governments version.

This story is fake as a 3 Dollar Bill.

^^^ I guess to some people, everything the Gov't does or says is a lie and/or conspiracy. They could have filmed the whole event live on tv, gone up and done a close up of Osama's deceased face and some would cry "Most foul! Thespians!!!!"

:rolleyes:

Edit: Agree on being atrocious the Gov't won't pay his fuc*in bills. Ridiculous.

Edited by froggyluv

Yeah sure this guy shoot bin Laden who used his wife as a shield and than sunk him in the Ocean. Bull, this whole story is total bull. I bet Bin Laden is dead since end of 2001 and i don't believe a word of the governments version.

And of course you was at the place and know everything first hand?

I agree that no government tells us the whole truth (and maybe that's even better this way) but statements like this are bulls**t as well. :)

Let's wait for a few decades, then we might have access to some documents which can give us a view on what might have really happened. I wouldn't believe everything the media broadcast (especially when they fake pics...), neither some far out conspiracy theory. But the article and interview itself have a few very interesting points and perspectives I've never seen that way before. Thanks for sharing!

This really grabbed me:

from the first page on the alt link

I know for a fact that some people who weren't in for anything over 10 years get (non-combat related) injuries and get paid a certain amount of money monthly for the rest of their life. Even if it isn't an incredibly serious one (lost limb, sight, hearing, etc.). Not saying I could shrug the injury off just that in comparison to somethings you see it isn't too bad.

Yes yes, which is exactly why al Qaeda acknowledged that bin Laden had been killed.

Yes yes, which is exactly why al Qaeda acknowledged that bin Laden had been killed.

Easily explainable. Osama was actually American actor Ben Katzenberg and Al Qaeda a fictional group created by our overlords to better facilitate Zionist-Islamic New World Order takeover by the microchip implanting Bilderberg group. It's so obvious -don't you even read the internet!?!

:p

Heh. Well that does change things a bit. I was wondering because my father did several years in Korea and seemed to have ALOT of VA benefits- health care for family, VA low interest mortgage etc...

I guess to some people, everything the Gov't does or says is a lie and/or conspiracy.

Yeah you can bet that. Even if they would speak the truth, which they never do, no one would believe them. Well, maybee people like you believe them because they are not interessted in a debate to solve a conflict of interests while these people see just government as a method to enlarger their own ego and it makes them bigger when they think that government enforces violence those rules of live these people think are the right ones. Yeah, ban guns, Obamam yeah.

And of course you was at the place and know everything first hand?

This question is total unnecessary and goes in the "Well if you don't believe it you must know better" Category because people got trained their whole life someone else as them has the answer. No, i wasn't there. I also see no proof that Bin Laden was there. And the

say they haven't also seen any proof.
I agree that no government tells us the whole truth (and maybe that's even better this way) but statements like this are bulls**t as well.

Well you know go along with wish thinking, that government gives us a part of truth or some sort of truth because... yeah because we are citizens, taxpayers and some sort of Paper says they have to tell us the truth.

No, they don't tell you the truth at all. Not a bit. And what they say most people can't even understand because its so wrapped in good sounding phrases. They tell you what they plan to do, but its also so common couched that everyone can pick and choose and thinks its to his own best. You have just as me seen no proof at all that he was living in this house and got killed by a SEAL Hit-team but you wanna believe it so hard, that you declair my doubts on a obviously feeble-minded story that the corps of the No.1 Terrorist was dumbed into the sea as BS.

Are you serious? I mean are you realy serious about that, because a shadowy group of spooky boogymen made a anonymous statement about something, is proof for that? Everyone with a Handcamera and a Skimask can make an Al Quaida Video. People made fake Beheadings in the Past and the Media buyed it. Has the shadowy group of Al Quada some sort of press spokesmen who vistited a conference in the white house or something? I bet you that if someone would rob the bank down the road here and i would made an Internet Al Quaida Statement the next day declairing that this was to raise funds for the holy war, some people would believe that Al Quaida robbed that bank. I could do that with nearly everything. But let me guess, i bet this Al Quaida statement was also published by the Intel Centr who found these statements all the time by some mysterious ways.