Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Things to do before ARMA III is released!

Finish renovating room, setting up battlestation again, install Titan, squeeze out a few more Mhz on CPU, and continue to work on 3d/2d stuff for future awesome A3 mods :D So hyped!

The Titan? ;) Awesome.

I'm just staring at the ceiling here... been like that for 36 hours -- Day's almost over, 3 days down, is it? I've lost count.

Just built my new PC i7 3550 w/ Radeon XT 7870 20gigs of DDR3 ram.

I plan on doing some benchmarking in Arma 2 make some videos so I have a comparison to Arma 3 come Tuesday. Hope to do a lot of benchmarking in Arma 3 and tweaking, might make a optimization tutorial (even though it's only alpha).

i'd Compete in the 2013ARG, And be the first to gain access in the Terminal (http://m26.node-42.rv4a3.org) and secure a copy ArmA3 before march 5.

but sadly i cant : im excluded from participation :(

Well any way you can message me login and pass ?:P

It is really hard i dont even know login well... im trying to figure it out for already some time, even heard some weird message on limnos radio... but i didnt recorded it...

nice music tho

Edited by Redjevel

I think I'm one of few who are happy that alpha won't be released at this weekend...why? 12hours of studies in saturday from 8am to 8pm, and 9 in sunday from 9am to 6pm. :D Studies would be more painful if I would know that I could be playing Arma 3... :)

This is going to be the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooongest weekend on my memory, and since I'm already on Stratis, perhaps I should go scuba-check out that ship wreck - folklore goes that it appeared there one stormy night,
Yep, I agree. the closer to the alpha we get, the more time slows down. This is the one weekend I will want to be over as soon as possible.

You're in Stratis? Nice! What brings you there?

Already purchased a pre-paid credit card so I won't have to be bothered with the shitty PayPal service us Canadians receive. Now I wait...

Hey! Hows the water? Blue?

As blue as The Blue Marble. Won't be enjoying it though, with A3A coming out next week - the pool will have to do, if there's time even for that! :cc:

I don't have anything to worry about, as I am sure Kerbal Space Program will surely keep me busy with things like building space stations, building Mun base, or just having fun watching poor Kerbalnauts screaming and looking absolutely terrified in a spinning rocket before that rocket breaks into hundreds of spinning burning parts and explode into a giant fire balls.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Ponder at how I just saw one of my Steam "friends" status as - "Playing Arma 3 Alpha" -when its only early Saturday morning :confused:

I don't have anything to worry about, as I am sure Kerbal Space Program will surely keep me busy with things like building space stations, building Mun base, or just having fun watching poor Kerbalnauts screaming and looking absolutely terrified in a spinning rocket before that rocket breaks into hundreds of spinning burning parts and explode into a giant fire balls.

Ive been playing that quite a bit, and was actually considering posting that too. I cant wait for re-entry heat in 0.19, have been practising my landings for a while now. :D

Heya!

Having not played Kerbalnauts, and having played the living daylights out of ArmA II in the past few months, I'm going to unplug and read Les Miserables.

My goal is to have it finished by the beta!

The next one who thinks he must spam, or attack another member here:

7 days vacation, banned from thread.

Deal with it.

Well... I promised myself I'ld invest into a SSD before ArmAIII's release but the Alpha announcement came totally unexpected and >300GO SSDs are still not worth it for me at the moment. So I guess I'll just keep my computer clean until then... ;)

Things to do:

- Prepare a eulogy for your PC.

- Invest stocks in water cooling/liquid nitrogen suppliers

- Have a fire extinguisher handy for your CPU & GPU

- Watch old timey movies so yet can get used to the 3 FPS you are about to see

- Warn your neighbours not to call the cops because you haven't installed a jet engine your living room, that is likely just my PC's cooling fans spinning at twice their OEM recommended max RPM.