Sign in to follow this  
xjack

First Person - Can't ascend stars?

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and the game. I'm getting stuck with the first person mode. I play entirely keyboard and mouse, no stick or controller.

Got stuck at the end of Bacchus because I couldn't go up the stairs to the manta reward - stuck in the wet basement. So I went from a saved game to a different island.

Now I'm stuck in the basement of the research center on that island. This toon won't climb stairs. I've tried the alt, shift, walk, crouch, sidestep.

Am I missing something here or is the Steam version flawed in that the first player mode doesn't climb steps?

Any help is appreciated, I can't continue the game unless I can climb stairs.

I don't know if this is directly related - but quitting the campaign game midway through the part where you have to use some turret or something in an FPS section - then reloading and trying it again - yup, I cant go through that corridor.

No stairs involved, but a corridor section I absolutely cannot move through. End of game :(

Seriously. I played a copy of this game on a friend's computer back in 1.03, no clue how I got through the fps parts. 1.6 is here, still nothing. I tried to start a new game, I got stuck.

After then minutes of wobbling back and forth on the stairs (evidently you can climb steeper slopes moving sideways...) I am now getting splatterkilled by that goddamn train. Why? Because I can't climb the ramp fast enough. Why? Because I still can't jump and I still can't climb small inclines. Does anyone else see a problem here? I just want to finish the [long list of expletives] campaign.

Edited by sk_2013
Vague, unclear