Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

[MP]BlackHole:Collider - Be Absorbed by Highly Intensive Battle! (MP-AdvancingPower)

NOTE:

Now I'm working on BlackHole in Arma3, and I am afraid I won't edit this AA2 version any more.

SinglePlayer BlackHole has been released, and I will release MP version later!

=====================

Hello Friends:

This mission, BlackHole:Collider, is the MP version of my AdvancingPower, and now you can enjoy the highly intensive battle with your friends!!

I propose to provide an experience of fierce battle. "BlackHole" is metaphor of highly density of battle involving all kinds of staff, and I believe players will be absorbed by it, :D. In fact, BLACKHOLE is the series name of such fierce missions, although I have created only one type by now: Collider, which reflect the face to face conflict of this mission. I have some ideas of other missions but I'm too busy, so now I focus on the updata and fix of Collider.

Do you still remember the 4F characteristic of AdvancingPower? So does BlackHole!

1.Furious:

The battle focus on small area, leave alone the long journey and just enjoy the CQB!

With AI system, you can still enjoy the mission by host or on server by yourself and won't feel bored while wait for potential players.

2.Flexible:

Have a look at the PARAMETER, various opinions let you decide your battlefield. Some opinion such as WeaponSave and KillCamera can change the way you fight.

System will search out existing weapons (but not units) automatically, so that you can enjoy those weapons in your mod!

I am keep coping this battleground to other places and maps.

3.Fruitful:

Four types of squads, and they have their own advantage. Try different role in this battle!

You can enjoy all kinds of weapons and vehicle, as well as various support.

4.Fantastic:

Some staff such as Detection, Teleport and so on, are not that realistic but fun.

You will also get basic welfare if you lack of money, all of these are designed for an enjoyful experience!

Requirement CO is need (AA2 plus OA).

VITAL NOTES!!! 1, LIMIT THE NUMBERS OF TEAMS.

There are several units in each squad, so do not add too many squad! I provide many slot for choice of factions and strong server, you should turn off some AI, especially Assault and SpecOp (TeamLeader in lobby). You can also limit the maximum members in each squad in parameter before start mission.

2. MOD CONSISTENCY

This mission will search weapons in attached mod, so make sure players use compatible mods. You can turn off these additional units and weapons in parameters, and signiture for server is obvious way to avoid problems.

3. OPTIONS and PARAMETERS.

Don't forget to have a look at parameter, many options, including location and size of battlefield, make this mission variable. In addition, higher AI will occupy more resource and rush slower because of caution.

DOWNLOAD LINK:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18519

Well, if you are definitely only play SP mission, I'll recommand you to play SP version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122476-SP-AdvancingPower-A-4F-Dynamic-Mission

ChangeLog:

ver1.1 2013.02.21

1.Add: Killer shooting into airbase will be punished.

2.Add: Smoke Screen.

3.Add: Option for Welfare and HintKill.

4.BugFix: Suicide will not count kill.

ver1.0 2013.02.12

1.BugFix: Vehicle Autorepair Communication now usable.

2.BugFix: Now chopper missile will be deleted when using ACE mod.

3.Adjust: Enhance the economic status of Pilot, chopper cheaper.

4.Adjust: SpecOp now can get out of the battleground.

ver0.9 2013.02.11

1.Add: Add pilot who can use Attack Helicopter

2.Add: AI use mortar and AA static weapons.

3.Add: Enlarge the number of squad.

4.Add: New battlefield

5.Adjust: Support squad use medic rather than shotgun soldier.

6.BugFix: Potential Error in East JIP.

7.BugFix: AI now react to LAS.

8.BugFix: The discount for USMC repair is correct now.

9.Other Adjustment...

ver0.8 2013.02.09

1.Init version.

Known Issue:

I appreciate suggestion and bug report (I didn't find bug by now.) The prices of units, team balance and many other issue may need further consideration and wait for your opinion on it.

Edited by Dragon Zen
update

Thanks Dragon Zen, will give this a whirl :)

:)

I just submit a new 0.9 version and wait for Armaholic, :D

Hey DZ, happy new year! I missed this... Blackhole Collider! Haha nice name, maybe confuse some people about what the mission means? Anyway I'll try it out, I still enjoy Advancing Power :)

Thank you for MP version of this mission can't wait to try it out

Hey DZ, happy new year! I missed this... Blackhole Collider! Haha nice name, maybe confuse some people about what the mission means? Anyway I'll try it out, I still enjoy Advancing Power :)

HAHA, thanks bro, appreciate! Hope you enjoy the game!!

Since I discovered Advancing Power I've become really addicted to your 4F missions, and sincerely thank you for all the fierce fun and hard work you keep giving us.

I'm playing ver 1.3 of this and would like to offer the following feedback:

1. I'm facing issues because I get CDF forces mixed up with US forces on BLUFOR: they speak another language (Czech and Russian can sound the same to someone not used to these languages) and use similar equipment to OPFOR and as a consequence I do embarrass myself and TK quite frequently :( I use CO and have BAF, PMC and ACR lite installed - BAF and PMC never show up in the teams though.

2. In AP I would often flank outside the Yellow (i.e., cheated!), so I like the way straying outside Blue/Red/Yellow boxes now results in injury. However I'm finding the setting is a little too aggressive and have even been killed by it (I was already wounded), most often at the end of the mission when I may be close to the OPFOR box, as Yellow can shift quite considerably at that stage. Occasionally, this has also happened when respawning in the BLUFOR area (though I was just wounded not killed).

3. I've noticed when in an M1 that rearming only rearms the main gun and not the commander's machine gun (it took me a while to figure out I needed to exit the vehicle to rearm). I haven't tested enough other units to know whether other vehicles are affected. If you use a 003 special supply and get an MVTR, the ammo is replenished correctly.

4. The role assignment among the team types is an excellent innovation. I noticed in your notes that artillery control is not yet available and hope when you introduce that you will restrict it (perhaps to marksmen?). The existing medic-controlled arty is already heavy enough and reduces the town to rubble over 45 mins, but I have been killed by my own side rather a lot :) Frustratingly, I have also been killed frequently by the (sniper's) special supply box falling on my head - it says I TK'd and killed myself, lol.

5. I run the mission publicly and have found that new players are mostly confused and do not use the mission resources optimally. This is despite the considerable effort you've put into expanding the Map Notes from Advancing Power. If you would like assistance, I can volunteer some English writing skills if you care to PM me.

6. The considerable AI resource demand can also hinder FPS significantly (about -10 fps hit over other MP missions).

7. AI also fails to enter buildings, which on a map like Zargabad is disappointing.

Once again, thanks for the magnificent work.

Edited by timbee71
additional observations

Thanks for your feedback friend! I didn't come back several months and just notice your feedback.

I'm now working on BlackHole in AA3 and didn't edit the old AA2 version for long time. Although there may be some bugs, I am sorry maybe I can't edit the old version.

Of course, the new version is very similar to the old one so I will remember your suggestions and make adjustment in new version, :D